PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez named AFC Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Gun. He's been lousy.

i agree ... if the texans .. with just a little common sense would of prevented that braylon play .. situational football .. no timeouts .. protect the sidelines .. why on earth are the safeties gonna fall for sanchez looking at the middle of the field? so what, let them catch it .. im not even gonna mention that shiitbird corner giving edwards the outside .. wow .. im telling you, that game made me appreciate this coach here more .. football 101..

Sanchez bailed out the defense after they gave up leads late in the game. You're a troll, so I'll leave. Bye bye.

Wait, did you just call someone a troll?

Sanchez bailed out the defense after they gave up leads late in the game. You're a troll, so I'll leave. Bye bye.

Yes I am the troll. You are the Jets fan on the Pats board. Case in point for my argument. Sanchez was intercepted with 2:18 left in the game in his own territory against Houston. He was intercepted the week before with 1:35 left in OT. And in the game against Cleveland, it was more a mixture of Cleveland's horrible playcalling at the end of the game and a great run after the catch by Holmes that won that game, not Sanchez. So stop calling me a troll.

Yes I am the troll. You are the Jets fan on the Pats board. Case in point for my argument. Sanchez was intercepted with 2:18 left in the game in his own territory against Houston. He was intercepted the week before with 1:35 left in OT. And in the game against Cleveland, it was more a mixture of Cleveland's horrible playcalling at the end of the game and a great run after the catch by Holmes that won that game, not Sanchez. So stop calling me a troll.

Only pats fans can post on pats boards? I am not a Brady hater, I think he is the second best quaterback of all time. But saying Sanchez isn't clutch because of things that happened before he made game winning drives is extremley hipocritical coming from a pats fan.

Against the browns, he made a SMART play by throwing it up to edwards near the endzone. Best case scenario its a catch and the Jets score, worst case scenario its a pick and the browns are pinned inside their 5.

Against the Texans, he was hit as he threw. I don't see how you can blame that on the QB, specially one who was playing behind a backup LG and backup RT.

Every QB makes mistakes during games. It's how you respond in the big moments that counts.

with under two minutes left in overtime, near midfield on 3rd and 14 you throw it up into coverage? That seems like a pretty important time of the game to me...

Why not try to convert the first down instead of throwing it near the goal line into double coverage, especially when a field goal wins the game?

Last edited:
Against the Texans, he was hit as he threw. I don't see how you can blame that on the QB.
So if a QB is hit he gets a free pass to turn the ball over?

There are a lot of other options. In that type of situation a QB could have felt the pressure and moved, he could have thrown the ball earlier, he could throw it away, he could take the sack, or he could run with it.

Reality is he was very fortunate to even get a second chance. That game should have been over with the interception.

draftdaydunces.gif

I don't get why it was "smart" of Sanchez to throw it up into double coverage on 3rd and 14 with 1 timeout and under 2 minutes to play in over time from midfield. I get that if its intercepted it works like a punt. But who wants a punt on third down, that if not for some stupid playcalling would effectively end your chances of winning. 3rd and 14 is no gimme, but it is convertable and you are very close to being able to try a game-winning FG.

And yes, I realize that the Browns DB should have batted down the ball...

I'd be giving it to Santonio Holmes. Two weeks in a row he's bailed out the Jets off plays he's made.

Sanchez is playing pretty well but his receivers have made some unbelievable plays to bail him out. The Jets deserve some respect as they keep winning.

Last edited:
Oh dear, go to NFL.com and look at the first screen. :mad:

Sanchez over the last month or so has been inconsistent at best. He hasn't played a good complete game since the Bills in early October. One second, he is the worst QB in the NFL. The next, he is tossing the ball all over the field making big plays.

Sanchez was not great at all vs. the Texans. He went from being the reason the Jets lost to hero in 40 seconds because the Texans' inabilty to close games (second game in a row they lost with seconds on the board).

The attention this thread is getting has justified the topic at hand. No Patriots fan is going to like Sanchez and what the Jets are doing and very few will acknowledge or give credit to the success they are having. The kid has sixteen (16) collegiate starts, and twenty five (25) pro starts. Add to that a capable and aggressive GM with an inspiring coach and it's easy to see why Sanchez is defying the "sophomore slump" myth. Granted, he played so bad his rookie year he had nowhere to go but up. Nevertheless he played so bad last year that he managed to help his team get to the AFCCG while playing his best football when it mattered most. Coincidence? Last year "Sanchez sucks", this year "Sanchez is lucky".

The attention this thread is getting has justified the topic at hand. No Patriots fan is going to like Sanchez and what the Jets are doing and very few will acknowledge or give credit to the success they are having. The kid has sixteen (16) collegiate starts, and twenty five (25) pro starts. Add to that a capable and aggressive GM with an inspiring coach and it's easy to see why Sanchez is defying the "sophomore slump" myth. Granted, he played so bad his rookie year he had nowhere to go but up. Nevertheless he played so bad last year that he managed to help his team get to the AFCCG while playing his best football when it mattered most. Coincidence? Last year "Sanchez sucks", this year "Sanchez is lucky".

I don't think this is true. I give the jets all the credit in the world. But I give credit where it is deserved, the defense, coaching and santonio holmes.

I don't think this is true. I give the jets all the credit in the world. But I give credit where it is deserved, the defense, coaching and santonio holmes.

LOL, Sanchez has nothing to do with them being 8-2?

LOL, Sanchez has nothing to do with them being 8-2?

Yes because I said Sanchez has nothing to do with the team being 8-2. Putting words in my mouth much?

Sanchez has been having a very good season overall and been clutch late in games. Don't confuse that with perfect. He has a lot to do with the Jets 8-2 record. The defense was what gave up a 23-7 lead last week, Sanchez bailed them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes