PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Kouvaris: The Colts pipe in sound through their PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a promo for the winter Victoria's Secret catalog (I think)...I forget but she did meet Tom Brady that night...and the rest is history (lucky bastard!)

Personally, I don't get the fascination with Giselle. If I was going to date a Brazillian Victoria Secrets model, give me Adriana Lima. Granted her claims of being a virgin until marriage probably scared off Tom.

Listen to me. Writing as if I would ever be in position to turn down a supermodel like Giselle because I actually had the chance to be with her or another supermodel like Adriana Lima.

Aren't there forum rules that if you mention a hottie, you have to post a pic? If not there sure as heck should be!

Personally, I don't get the fascination with Giselle. If I was going to date a Brazillian Victoria Secrets model, give me Adriana Lima. Granted her claims of being a virgin until marriage probably scared off Tom.

Listen to me. Writing as if I would ever be in position to turn down a supermodel like Giselle because I actually had the chance to be with her or another supermodel like Adriana Lima.

Right, me too, out of all the times I've had to choose between Brazillian Supermodels..... :D

Ouch......that's brutal! Tell ya what, come over to our board and pick up your trash, then I'll go away. Deal?

I don't troll on other team's boards....I've got a life and better things to do... unlike you it appears.

The call on Ellis Hobbs was simply atrocious. I'd use that film to teach kids the right way to defend that pattern. if you can't play defense the way he did on that play the only option left is just go sit on the sidelines and them paly catch. The call on Moss was pretty ridiculous too. Nonetheless, victory.

Well, technically High Horse is right. But that's the way life is in America these days :(

My favorite "home field advantage" was when the Astros got caught cranking up the AC behind home plate when they batted (creating a blowing out "wind") and cutting it off when the opponents hit.

My favorite "home field advantage" was when the Astros got caught cranking up the AC behind home plate when they batted (creating a blowing out "wind") and cutting it off when the opponents hit.

Hell, I'm still a fan of the "dead spot" parquet floor! That takes real planning.

:D

Is this the reference that I mentioned as being a
"good one", not name calling referencing the previous quote.

Just leave jackass.

Its interesting that this speculation about SoundGate and VideoGate continues to be major news. Roger Goodell could stop all this if he had any balls at all. First he needs to hold a press conference and say what was on the video tapes and explain how it helped the Patriots. He won't because it would expose how he over reacted and imposed too harsh a penalty on the Pats and make him look like the ass he is. He might also have to explain why he quit investigating how Jay Glaser got a copy of the video tape. Secondly,
he could have his audio engineers tape record the audio feed to the stadium speakers and determine the level of crowd noise. There will be some crowd noise since wherever the announcer originates from probably has some crowd noise in the background . But if it is severe enough to effect the game it will be obvious. Moreover, he could set standards for how much crowd noise is permitted by rule. His doing neither of these is impacting the integrity of the game. I think this is one of his major responsibility’s

If I am not mistaken, that issue is going to be in play next year at Lucas Oil Stadium. Most club seats, including at Gilette, are in the second tier of the stadium. But L.O.S. is having the clue seats right there on the 100 level between the goal lines (or something like that).

It's that way at the Dome right now. They took out a bunch of regular seats and put in club seats, that's how the attendance size went down. There are going to be more at the new stadium.

BTW, there was a guy on the Star's board that was doing work down there and said the construction workers there could yell from the the top of the endzone seats to guys on the opposite endzone and be heard clearly. The thinking was the new stadium will have better acoustics and may be louder than the Dome.

This is the problem with punnishing the Patsies in such a public way, now everybody is looking for the next "Cheating" story. The NFL has always been a league full of shady characters. The stories about stealing play books and kidnapping players so they wouldn't sign with rival leagues are legendary. So Roger takes a bat to the Patriots, screws them over pretty good, and creates a monster. Already this year we had the Pats, remember the Jets immitating snap counts, the Colts piping crowd noise in, the comments from Parcells to Young that the 49ers used to shut off communications between the booth and the sidelines during the scripted portion of the show.

This is a case of "You get what you deserve". The Pats were wrong, no doubt, but a first and $750K worth? I doubt it, but hey, you really do get what you deserve, especially when you do something so stupid I guess. Now everybody in the press is looking to break the next big story, what is worse is that there is no doubt in anybody's mind that the next big one is out there, it just has to be found. The new sherrif decided to preform a public flogging and now there is a blood lust throughout the NFL community.

Does Indy pump sound noise through their building? My guess is of course they do, as does every other dome team and maybe Denver and KC. It is a very low risk/high reward trick. So the Patsies get to beat the hell out of the rest of the league as revenge for them ganging up on them, they get to thumb their nose at Roger by running up the score, they get the SF pick next year, and it looks like it could be a top 10 pick. The Press gets to demonize the Patsies, they get to poke a stick at the bees nest that is the NE Patriots and at the same time they get to do what they do best, rumor monger.

The NFL is a not a league of men who follow the rules, as a matter of fact they pride themselves on the fact that they don't. Whatever edge can be gained should be gained. It is the reason why Belichick would break the rules to track trends and it is reason enough to pipe crowd noise through the PA. I once heard Tuna tell the assembled press that "It isn't a penalty until you get caught". Turer words have never been spoken about the NFL.

You know years ago the rest of the league use to call us patsies as a way to humiliate us. What's your reason? :mad:

I don't troll on other team's boards....I've got a life and better things to do... unlike you it appears.

I second this...I have ZERO interest in your hogs and heifers board or the vicious, racist,xenophobic and puerile Dolt fans who frequent it.

This is the problem with punnishing the Patsies in such a public way, now everybody is looking for the next "Cheating" story. The NFL has always been a league full of shady characters. The stories about stealing play books and kidnapping players so they wouldn't sign with rival leagues are legendary. So Roger takes a bat to the Patriots, screws them over pretty good, and creates a monster. Already this year we had the Pats, remember the Jets immitating snap counts, the Colts piping crowd noise in, the comments from Parcells to Young that the 49ers used to shut off communications between the booth and the sidelines during the scripted portion of the show.

This is a case of "You get what you deserve". The Pats were wrong, no doubt, but a first and $750K worth? I doubt it, but hey, you really do get what you deserve, especially when you do something so stupid I guess. Now everybody in the press is looking to break the next big story, what is worse is that there is no doubt in anybody's mind that the next big one is out there, it just has to be found. The new sherrif decided to preform a public flogging and now there is a blood lust throughout the NFL community.

Does Indy pump sound noise through their building? My guess is of course they do, as does every other dome team and maybe Denver and KC. It is a very low risk/high reward trick. So the Patsies get to beat the hell out of the rest of the league as revenge for them ganging up on them, they get to thumb their nose at Roger by running up the score, they get the SF pick next year, and it looks like it could be a top 10 pick. The Press gets to demonize the Patsies, they get to poke a stick at the bees nest that is the NE Patriots and at the same time they get to do what they do best, rumor monger.

The NFL is a not a league of men who follow the rules, as a matter of fact they pride themselves on the fact that they don't. Whatever edge can be gained should be gained. It is the reason why Belichick would break the rules to track trends and it is reason enough to pipe crowd noise through the PA. I once heard Tuna tell the assembled press that "It isn't a penalty until you get caught". Turer words have never been spoken about the NFL.

Probably one of the best posts I've ever read here (minus the "Patsies" stuff;) )

Does anyone else believe its Karma that is causing our pick to rise (and the Niners to suck). Many of you will argue that its great that the pick from the Niners is getting more valuable every day but we should still have our other pick and that no matter what happens we are losing out.

But maybe the reason the Niners, who were expected to be good this year, are sucking so bad is Karma. The universe is giving the Pats back what was taken from them.

In the end if we end up with a #5 pick that is worth the 2 late rounders we originally thought we had, then as Jerry Seinfeld would say we are even steven. Its justice and its also a big FU to the NFL for trying to screw with us.

Its really gotta burn all the Patriots haters' asses that in the end we may end up losing nothing over this whole fiasco. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back