PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Darnold to Panthers

He had a different head coach and everything lol. They don’t have a winning culture

If Wilson fails they would have had taken 3 quarterbacks in the top 5 and all of them failed lol. Just embarrassing.

Something tells me they will take the QB but they shouldn’t . They’re stuck with matt ryan for the next two years.
It’s possible they go qb. My gut feeling is Pitts is the guy for ATL. Immediate upgrade from Hayden Hurst. Suddenly their offense looks pretty good even if Julio is on the back end of his career.

It’s possible they go qb. My gut feeling is Pitts is the guy for ATL. Immediate upgrade from Hayden Hurst. Suddenly their offense looks pretty good even if Julio is on the back end of his career.

What about the lions? I wouldn’t put it pass that lousy franchise to take a QB.

Assuming Denver move for Bridgewater, and nobody else trades up, we should have two of the top 5 QBs available at 15.

Can't wait to see which RG or DB we draft...

So CAR is all-in on Darnold?!?

Today was a good day for the pats.

The consensus is growing that the 49ers are drafting the most pro ready QB in the draft in Mac Jones.

Panthers trade for Darnold:

I’d day the odds the pats are either getting Jimmy G & a top prospect or one of the 5 first round QBs are decent.

Another team like ATL where they could but I think they address other areas (Wr,Defense).

Does it give anybody cause for concern that carolina chose Darnold over Qbs 4/5 in this draft (presumably fields and Lance if the Mac to SF rumors are true)?

Assuming Denver move for Bridgewater, and nobody else trades up, we should have two of the top 5 QBs available at 15.

Can't wait to see which RG or DB we draft...
Seems very likely to me...

After they just traded for Goff?

The bad news is that this ends any possibility that the Jets don't take a QB - but the good news is that is less likely that Carolina will draft a QB.

Who know, maybe the Panthers will be open to the idea of a trading down in a deal with the Pats.

(I can dream, can't I?)

Now Carolina is out of the Watson sweepstakes.

Does it give anybody cause for concern that carolina chose Darnold over Qbs 4/5 in this draft (presumably fields and Lance if the Mac to SF rumors are true)?
Maybe they are just over Teddy, want to dump his salary and have a Darnit vs QB4/5 competition?

So obviously the Panthers are out on Watson (as I imagine the rest of the league is while that whole thing plays out). With them getting Darnold and exercising the fifth year option that puts him under contract through the end of 2022. I’d still expect the Panthers to draft a QB but more likely with pick 39 or 73 rather than 8. That would give them two years to evaluate and see who they want for 2023 and beyond.

Now Carolina is out of the Watson sweepstakes.
Now you can stop pretending Darnit was worth the #3 pick in the draft and build up false hope da Jete won't ruin whomever this year's darling is.

If Denver trades for Bridgewater... not only does it make it easier to draft a QB with fewer competitors, it also makes it easier to scoff at SF's demand of a 1st for Garoppolo.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back