PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints vs Seahawks Gamethread

Well, now it is official, panthers in the SB.

I don't think I find anything in football more frustrating than pass interference in the NFL.

The spectrum of what is called and isn't called pass interference is like the spectrum of the kingdom Animalia: Ants and Manatees are both animals, but they look absolutely nothing alike.

Edit: I just pooped myself.

I'll say it again. they need a flagrant PI spot the ball, less sever PI 10-15 yard penalty and call it.

I cannot believe that receiver didn't run out bounds. Totally unaware of the clock. Brees had like a 20-30 yd shot at the endzone.

I was thinking at the time that Lynch should have taken a knee at the 5 rather than run it in. They could have knelt out the clock or nearly so rather than give the Saints the 1% chance of a TD, recovered onside kick, and TD.

edit:
the math on a Lynch kneeldown at ~2:30

kneel on 1st down would have taken it to 2 min warning
take a knee at 1:55, 2nd Down
40 seconds to kneeldown at 1:05. 3rd down
40 seconds to kneeldown at 0:20. 4th down

so I guess they could not have knelt it out, but close.

chip shot FG then Saints have maybe 15 seconds

Then Saints almost made them pay, then ended it with a boneheaded move

I'll say it again. they need a flagrant PI spot the ball, less sever PI 10-15 yard penalty and call it.

I don't like this idea. It leaves too much room for interpretation and we already have too much of that.

Well, now it is official, panthers in the SB.

I just cant see them beating the 49ers man

Yes they did earlier this season but if I remember the 49ers didn't have Crabtree, Davis (and Boldin I think who got hurt during the game)

Thanks boys

I cannot believe that receiver didn't run out bounds. Totally unaware of the clock. Brees had like a 20-30 yd shot at the endzone.

Not a very wise move by Mr Colston.:rolleyes:

Brees blew the game and choked. defense was amazing. SP did fine, OL was ok, and WR got seperation. Its ok Brees is having a bad year. I have no problems with that.

I just cant see them beating the 49ers man

Yes they did earlier this season but if I remember the 49ers didn't have Crabtree, Davis (and Boldin I think who got hurt during the game)

Yea since Crabtree came back I think SF has been the best in the NFC. Like I said credit to SEA for managing the win, protecting the ball, and taking advantage of the Saints mistakes, but they were outgained 403-277 today by a team that is notoriously not good on the road. Some of the mistakes were forced yes but some was just the Saints shooting themselves in the foot too. SEA deserved the win but will need a way better effort next week against the winner of tomorrow's game.

Brees blew the game and choked. defense was amazing. SP did fine, OL was ok, and WR got seperation. Its ok Brees is having a bad year. I have no problems with that.
What'd you think of Graham? Didn't appear to be the kind of performance a guy should have before asking for $11M for next year.

I'd be terrified of facing that Seahawks D, but Russell Wilson was pretty bad against an average at best Saints D.

What'd you think of Graham? Didn't appear to be the kind of performance a guy should have before asking for $11M for next year.

I think hes young. He almost beat the all time record for gronk this year again. You think if he had he would be worth it? Its ok if hes if hes #1-3 TE but stays healthy right?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back