PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
what an embarrassing thread this is. when you win 6 SBs. your legacy is cemented for all time. i don't care if you drive the team bus off a bridge. 6 is 6.
Put another way, he has been to 11 Super Bowls, 2 as DC, 3 as losing coach and 6 as winning coach. He has been involved in over 20% of all Super Bowls.....

The sad part is BB's legacy was ripped apart last year by Patriots fans...just after one mediocre season

win a playoff this year and the "legacy" is cemented. doesn't need a super bowl without Brady

The recent performance of this team makes their performances against Tampa and Dallas feel more encouraging in retrospect. The only serious stinker game this year was against New Orleans, and to an extent, Houston, though they did win that one.

win a playoff this year and the "legacy" is cemented. doesn't need a super bowl without Brady
I disagree. He needs the super bowl. A playoff win really doesn't mean anything. He and Brady are not judged by winning in the regular season or a game or two in the postseason. Their greatness has always been about winning championships. That's the standard.

I disagree. He needs the super bowl. A playoff win really doesn't mean anything. He and Brady are not judged by winning in the regular season or a game or two in the postseason. Their greatness has always been about winning championships. That's the standard.
Eight Super Bowl rings don’t count, but that essential nineth one will?

Eight Super Bowl rings don’t count, but that essential nineth one will?
He doesn't need anything. But if we are talking about his career narrative then winning a super bowl post Brady will significantly enhance it just like Brady's was when he won last year in Tampa in year one away from Bill.

He has 6

Exactly. His greatness is about championships not playoff wins. Winning in the divisional round this year or the wild card round and then losing won't do anything for his career narrative. But winning another super bowl? Especially winning one with a rookie quarterback? That's a mic drop. Just like Brady last year.

That would just seal already cured cement.

He doesn't need anything. But if we are talking about his career narrative then winning a super bowl post Brady will significantly enhance it just like Brady's was when he won last year in Tampa in year one away from Bill.

Yes. The nuance is the GOAT HC solidifies it even further if he does it again with a different QB.

Exactly. His greatness is about championships not playoff wins. Winning in the divisional round this year or the wild card round and then losing won't do anything for his career narrative. But winning another super bowl? Especially winning one with a rookie quarterback? That's a mic drop. Just like Brady last year.

I wouldn't call what Brady did last year a mic drop. He is a great QB that went to a team that already had great players and he recruited a few more great players. Belichick winning the SB with a rookie would be much more impressive.

Yes. The nuance is the GOAT HC solidifies it even further if he does it again with a different QB.

Of course. I was saying this in the other thread. Walsh and Knoll only won championships with Montana and Bradshaw respectively. If Bill can win a super bowl post Brady after 20 years of dominance at age 70, that's a big separator for him in terms of career narrative. Just like Brady separated himself from all of the quarterbacks last year by winning in year one without Bill in the NFC.

I wouldn't call what Brady did last year a mic drop. He is a great QB that went to a team that already had great players and he recruited a few more great players. Belichick winning the SB with a rookie would be much more impressive.
LOL. You really do miss the Tampa thread, huh?

Reactions: sb1

Sorry organizational schill. What Tom Brady did was amazing. Don't try to claim the Bucs were a good team when he joined. It was a 7-9 team that hadn't been to the playoffs since 2002, the longest playoff drought in the entire league at the time he joined. Totally new playbook, new terminology, all new receivers, no formal off-season training camp, then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in playoff succession including on the road.

Sorry organizational schill. What Tom Brady did was amazing. Don't try to claim the Bucs were a good team when he joined. It was a 7-9 team that hadn't been to the playoffs since 2002, the longest playoff drought in the entire league at the time he joined. Totally new playbook, new terminology, all new receivers, no formal off-season training camp, then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in playoff succession including on the road.

I didn't say they were a good t-e-a-m. I said they had talent. Don't try to argue that Evans, Godwin, Marpet, Suh, JPP, White, Barrett, and David were not good players before Brady got there. Plus Brady recruited Gronk, Fournette, and Brown. It's not like the Bucs had no talent and Brady magically turned them into SB champs.

And not just a different QB, but a rookie QB too. A rookie QB has never even made a Super Bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back