PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S Eddie Pleasant released

Status
Not open for further replies.
jordan-richards-corey-clement.jpg

Just to put in perspective how badly he was toasted, foles actually underthrew the pass and the rb had to break stride to wait for the pass, and richrds STILL wasn’t close enough to tackle him. Typically the worst case scenario on a pass like that is tackled around midfield. Not with Jordan f******* Richards.

Wait, Richards is an ice skater????

Paging Mr. Gillooly
He always looks like person learning how to ice skate slipping and sliding all over the field.

If anyone knows a way to manufacture ST snaps on all 4 teams in higher quality than Richards.. this is the time to step up and say it.

And before anyone makes a joke about anyone being higher quality than Richards I don't think that is true for his ST contributions where he is more than solid. And I hate it.

Good team player. Known for playing through pain. Definitely not a big-smiter like his Dad.

His dad was pretty terrifying... ill-tempered, vindictive, and bloodthirsty, known for wiping out whole populations, casting plagues, and causing floods, etc. Not someone you want to cross. :confused:

His dad was pretty terrifying... ill-tempered, vindictive, and bloodthirsty, known for wiping out whole populations, casting plagues, and causing floods, etc. Not someone you want to cross. :confused:

Richie Incognito?

All joking aside, Eddie wasn't out last hope for replacing Richards. Remember: We don't NEED to replace Richards on the 53, just on the S depth chart. Maybe that's part of what McCourty was playing there to find out, or there's another player being brought in.

So chin up folks, there's still hope!

It's the Pittsburgh game that I don't know how we won that made my mind up on Richards. He nearly lost us that game with the terrible angle he took to tackle Ju Ju,,,,didn't he take out someone from our team instead ???

It's the Pittsburgh game that I don't know how we won that made my mind up on Richards. He nearly lost us that game with the terrible angle he took to tackle Ju Ju,,,,didn't he take out someone from our team instead ???

And then he literally won it by closing the initial throwing lane Ben had on the play and made him wait 2-3 beats just to throw the INT.

The Richards taketh, the Richards giveth. Definitely taketh more often.

That play would have gotten a lesser name cut...

And then he literally won it by closing the initial throwing lane Ben had on the play and made him wait 2-3 beats just to throw the INT.

The Richards taketh, the Richards giveth. Definitely taketh more often.
This is significantly funnier imaging BoJack say this.

Maybe that's part of what McCourty was playing there to find out,

A possibility, however, slim, is that JMac backs up FS behind DMac and Harmon, but Harmon also backs up Chung at SS. This really only works if the Pats aren't as reliant on the Big Nickel as they have been recently.

or there's another player being brought in.

Obi?

;)

The most unathletic professional football defensive back I’ve ever seen.

Talking about Richards of course.

The most unathletic professional football defensive back I’ve ever seen.

Talking about Richards of course.
The Patriots started a safety with a 4.77 40 time in Super Bowl 46.

Why not have 100 posts on how bad Ebner is as a safety? Richards is another STer that Belichick views as BETTER than Ebner.

Yes, I would like to see a backup SS on the team. And maybe one of the corners (or even a LB) is that player; or not. The situation just might be that Belichick views the #4 safety as a ST roster spot, and the fact the players needs to play a few reps a year on defense is not as important as the contributions on special teams.

We whine over the lack of production on the 20 defensive reps of [Ebner, Richards and King]. Most would accept much less production on special teams many times a game for the improvement in the few defensive reps.

As an aside, in 2017, Richards was considered by Belichick to be a better option at SS than guys like Ebner, and better than the corners and linebackers. Perhaps the situation is different this year, perhaps not.

OPEN QUESTION
Is the improvement at SS for a few snaps a year worth losing a regular special teamer? Many (most?) here want to get rid of the STO players. Belichick chooses (over and over again) to put a higher priority on special teams. Many here believe than almost any scrub that has played ST in college is OK as a replacement to guys like Ebner, Richards and King. Every year, Belichick disagrees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back