PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rush/Edge Reports

That's what it for, keep it coming.

In that case, total pressures as well, also from the seahawks draft blog (which is a must read if you enjoy looking at athletic testing and production). I think they took these from PFF:

Total pressures

EDGE/DE

Brian Burns — 66
Sutton Smith — 65
Jaylon Ferguson — 64
Ben Banogu — 60
Zach Allen — 59
Josh Allen — 57
Clelin Ferrell — 56
Maxx Crosby — 55
Oshane Ximines — 55
L.J. Collier — 54
Joe Jackson — 54
Anthony Nelson — 53
Chase Winovich — 53
Montez Sweat — 48
Jalen Jelks — 43
Justin Hollins — 41
Jachai Polite — 41
Christian Miller — 39
Jamal Davis — 38
Charles Omenihu — 38
Jordan Brailford — 37
D’Andre Walker — 32
Kinglsey Keke — 31
Porter Gustin — 28
Rashan Gary — 24
Nick Bosa — 14

Defensive tackles

Quinnen Williams — 55
Dre’Mont Jones — 52
Jerry Tillery — 47
Christian Wilkins — 47
Greg Gaines — 45
Khalen Saunders — 35
Daniel Wise — 35
Jeffery Simmons — 34
Dexter Lawrence — 33
Trysten Hill — 26
Ed Oliver — 26
Gerald Willis III — 26
Armon Watts — 24
Terry Beckner Jr — 23

EDIT: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/pressure-percentages-for-the-2019-draft-class

Lots more information and context there. I was pleasantly surprised to see the numbers backed up my love for Joe Jackson, despite his poor testing.

Like LJ Collier, Joe Jackson is fun to watch. Jackson's preofile at The Draft Network says he has put on a fair bit of weight and I wonder if he will show more athleticism if he dropped some of that weight.
Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami

Like LJ Collier, Joe Jackson is fun to watch. Jackson's preofile at The Draft Network says he has put on a fair bit of weight and I wonder if he will show more athleticism if he dropped some of that weight.
Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami

Jackson was my guy last year. He had so much more burst and bend. It looks like he added 20 pounds this season, which hurt his testing, but he became more of a power, play-the-run guy and showed the ability to be an every-down base DE. I still think he has some excellent traits. Oh, and check out this comparison I put together earlier this season:

Joe Jackson and Clelin Ferrell aren't terribly far apart. Ferrell is undeniably more polished (and I actually like that the Raiders were willing to take him at 4!), but he also benefited from more surrounding talent and he had a redshirt year to develop. My bet is Jackson will have a similar career arc after a year in the pros to improve technique, and if a coach is willing to take on the project, then he may get a top tier DE at a discounted rate.

Ferrell appears to be a superior athlete, but I think a good part of that is the weight difference. If Jackson dropped 10 - 15 pounds, he'd still be stout enough to take on blocks against the run, but he'd probably regain some of his impressive cornering skills that first made me take notice of his play a couple years ago.

Jackson in 35 games: 129 tackles, 36 TFL, 24 sacks, 1 INT (for a TD), 5 PD, 5 FF.

Ferrell in 43 games: 166 tackles, 50 TFL, 27 sacks, 5 PD, 5 FF.

Jackson:
6042 275 10" hands 34.125" arms 80" wingspan

Ferrell:
6043 264 10.5" hands 34.125" arms 82.375" wingspan

Another intriguing guy is Christian Miller. Just not sure where he fits for the Patriots.

Another intriguing guy is Christian Miller. Just not sure where he fits for the Patriots.

I really, really like Miller. Unfortunately, if we take him, I think it would mean they aren't sure if Rivers is ever going to take the next step. For me they have some similarities in role, unless Miller could become a LB like KVN. Now that would intrigue me!

I've already pencilled in Jamal Davis for that role, though. ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back