PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumored trade offers for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I read these threads and wish I had a bridge to sell. Because apparently a lot of the people here are willing to buy anything. ;)

Lawyer Milloy. Didnt he ask for Milloy to take a paycut and he refused? Moss of course. Jamie Collins wanted a payday and freelanced his way out of town. Welka? Heard he was thorn in BBs side. Dont know if its true.

BB told Gronk that he could be traded. Gronk sold his moto cross bike and has been on his best behavior since.
I had the same thought, but Milloy was released. A bit different.

No question. His family complaints, him being sensitive to BB’s criticism and the Amendola tweet are on him. But together they show signs of an unhappy player.

I think his family (ie- Daddy Gronk) complained after the first arm injury (on the extra point attempt against Indy) that patriots doctors rushed him back. It may have been Dr. Thomas Gill in charge of the medical staff at the time.
Gill was a moron no question. I had read that it was medically concluded that Gronk healed properly and it was a freak break the 2nd time. Could have been spin. Whether Gill withheld info from Gronk and/or the team or BB strongarmed Gronk into playing like he did with Ted Johnson with a concussion not sure.

I had the same thought, but Milloy was released. A bit different.

But the point is that BB shipped a popular player out of town.

Just before the opening game too setting the NFL on fire. The moral of the story is that BB does what he decides is best for the team and he does not care who you are.

I can totally buy in that Gronk would have been gone if the Pats had got the asking price. NE had to be asking for at least 1 - 1st pick and evidently they couldnt get it. Gronk would fade into oblivion on an average team and they wouldnt be going to the Super Bowl because of acquiring him.

BB traded Seymour to Oakland, so he’s done this before.

As good as Seymour was, he wasn't a generational talent either. Nor was he at the top of his game either. He was also traded to a team that was very bad. Gronk, in this case, would have been traded to two teams that we will most likely see in the playoffs in the coming season.

But the point is that BB shipped a popular player out of town.

Just before the opening game too setting the NFL on fire. The moral of the story is that BB does what he decides is best for the team and he does not care who you are.

I can totally buy in that Gronk would have been gone if the Pats had got the asking price. NE had to be asking for at least 1 - 1st pick and evidently they couldnt get it. Gronk would fade into oblivion on an average team and they wouldnt be going to the Super Bowl because of acquiring him.
Milloy was RELEASED. He was not “shipped out of town” in a trade-like sense.

Milloy was also washed-up at the time. I was 100% behind the move, as were most knowledgeable Pats fans.
Milloy was a very good, not great safety at his peak. He was well past his peak.
Gronk is still the GOAT. Right now. No comparison.

Lawyer Milloy. Didnt he ask for Milloy to take a paycut and he refused? Moss of course. Jamie Collins wanted a payday and freelanced his way out of town. Welka? Heard he was thorn in BBs side. Dont know if its true.

BB told Gronk that he could be traded. Gronk sold his moto cross bike and has been on his best behavior since.
Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy were signed to contracts that were way too high so
the Patriots had no choice but to release them. I don't think they ever got the
salaries that they wanted.
P.S. Andy Wasynczuk had signed these players to these contracts before the Belichick
era began.

Last edited:
The reason Gronk has not been traded was because Brady found out and blocked it from happening (as I predicted). After winning 5 super bowls and Jimmy G gone, Brady runs this team until his play drops off or retires. This all comes back full circle to how Brady's friend Milloy was released and Branch traded which were the only examples I can think of that Brady was known to be mad about. Brady will not let that happen again.

Last edited:
P.S. Andy Wasynczuk had signed these players to these contracts before the Belichick
era began.

Again, Milloy was a popular player and the timing of release was shocking. Any HC who would cut Bernie Kosar in a town like Cleveland would not bat an eye getting rid of Gronk.

Travis Kelce is as good as Gronk. Jimmy Graham was no punk. Antonio Gates is a beast. There have been lots of great NFL TEs. Gronk is not somebody ground breaking and the only show in town.

The reason Gronk has not been traded was because Brady found out and blocked it from happening (as I predicted). After winning 5 super bowls and Jimmy G gone, Brady runs this team until his play drops off or retires. This all comes back full circle to how Brady's friend Milloy was released and Branch traded which were the only examples I can think of that Brady was known to be mad about. Brady will not let that happen again.

Agree

That's why I see BB stepping away if he wins 1 more.

Milloy was also washed-up at the time. I was 100% behind the move, as were most knowledgeable Pats fans.
Milloy was a very good, not great safety at his peak. He was well past his peak.

Eh, he was 30 I wouldn’t call him washed up. But at the $$ he was costing and the fact we had acquired a better version of Milloy in Harrison it made him expendable.

Whatever

Milloy was cut after refusing a pay deduction. A move that sent shock waves through the NFL. I do not buy that Monday morning fans saw that coming at all.

era began.
Yes on Law but Milloy was released more due to his play and that they already signed Harrison. We were all excited to see two of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL team up and light up the field when WR's came across the middle. Apparently BB didn't like Milloy's play and cut him.

Travis Kelce is as good as Gronk. Jimmy Graham was no punk. Antonio Gates is a beast. There have been lots of great NFL TEs. Gronk is not somebody ground breaking and the only show in town.
Usually we're on the same page but Kelce is not even close to Gronk. He is a "wannabe Gronk" as Von Miller has said. Nobody can take over games like Gronk can.
Agree

That's why I see BB stepping away if he wins 1 more.
If Brady wins this year, I think Giselle will finally convince him to step away as well. Reason being, if he continues to play and doesn't win the following year, he'll want to do it again. Willie McGinest agrees with me. Willie McGinest believes Tom Brady will retire if he wins the Super Bowl

Last edited:
Eh, he was 30 I wouldn’t call him washed up. But at the $$ he was costing and the fact we had acquired a better version of Milloy in Harrison it made him expendable.
He was brought in to team up with Milloy. But Milloy obviously didn't do well enough at FS for BB to keep him on his salary so he was released. Because if that were the case as you state above, Milloy wouldn't have been released a few days before the season.

Nevertheless.

Gronk is here and will have a new contract. More than likely equal to the highest paid if not the highest paid. I cannot be live that BB is happy about it, but as they say, it is what it is.

I agree. I was just pointing out the fact that Milloy was released & not traded. The original point that Kontradiction made, was in reference to a player being traded. That was the ONLY point that I was trying to make. All this other nonsense is for the birds.

Last edited:
I would buy the rumor if it was just the 49ers mentioned but no way am I believing that Belichick would be stupid enough to trade him to a team in the conference.

I agree. I was just pointing out the fact that Milloy was released & not traded. The original point that Kontradiction made, was in reference to a player being traded.

He was brought in to team up with Milloy. But Milloy obviously didn't do well enough at FS for BB to keep him on his salary so he was released. Because if that were the case as you state above, Milloy wouldn't have been released a few days before the season.

You hit the nail on the head. We had two SSs, there were cheaper alternatives at FS to pair with harrison. But I wouldn’t call him washed up, after moving to buffalo and back to SS he still had a few productive seasons.

You hit the nail on the head. We had two SSs, there were cheaper alternatives at FS to pair with harrison. But I wouldn’t call him washed up, after moving to buffalo and back to SS he still had a few productive seasons.
I was excited to see a Harrison-Milloy team up in the secondary and layout opposing WR's but unfortunately it didn't work out. Most of us didn't take into account how many times they got beat deep in the secondary in 2002 especially the back breaking home loss to the Jets where Chad Pennington was completing those bombs. Curtis Martin looked like he was stuffed on almost every play but had a 100 yards rushing. That was one weird game. And what was up with Brady wearing arm sleeves like Allen Iverson? He like to wear those in 2002 and 2003 seasons but I never knew why?

I'm going on another rant and off topic but BB tried to make Harrison and Milloy work but needed more range in the secondary considering the entire secondary had a down year in 2002.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe