PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats discussed reacquiring Jamie Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pats are comfortable bringing him back then I’m all for it. His athleticism is something the pats could use at LB.

I'll go on record as against it. The defense needs something for sure, but I don't think the answer is a physically gifted player that you don't know if you can trust. Who knows, maybe he's learned to value coaching more now that he's seen Cleveland, but for the pick/dollar price, I'm not sure it's a wise gamble.

I'll go on record as against it. The defense needs something for sure, but I don't think the answer is a physically gifted player that you don't know if you can trust. Who knows, maybe he's learned to value coaching more now that he's seen Cleveland, but for the pick/dollar price, I'm not sure it's a wise gamble.

My guess is a late pick and it’s 2 mil since they’re not going to be paying the remaining 2 years. My gut tells me Collins will be playing for his next (and possible final) contract.

It's pretty obvious. Collins can cover as he has shown us in the past. A physically athletic LB with coverage ability is something we badly need.
The guy couldn’t cover the corpse of Owen Daniels three years ago.

Forgive me if I’m not jumping for joy at the thought of him covering a fast talented player in 2018 after coming off an MCL tear.

Landon Collins would be a good acquisition. Jamie? Not so much.

The guy couldn’t cover the corpse of Owen Daniels three years ago.

Forgive me if I’m not jumping for joy at the thought of him covering a fast talented player in 2018 after coming off an MCL tear.
I shudder to think of how miserably the current crop of LB's would have fared with the corpse of Owen Daniels.

I understand the bad taste Collins left at the end here but one thing he has as a possible acquisition the others don’t is familiarity in this complex defense.

Last edited:
I shudder to think of how miserably the current crop of LB's would have fared with the corpse of Owen Daniels.
Sooo...adding the guy that actually got burned by him three years ago is an improvement?

Mmhm. :rolleyes:

This sounds like a rumor someone pulled out of their backside.

Weren't you calling for Dez Bryant a couple months ago?
And? What’s your point? I still want Dez Bryant.

I’ll take Dez Bryant for the league minimum as a 4th WR over stone hands Thomas who costs a draft pick and a high salary any day of the week.

Explain to me how wanting Dez for peanuts is equal to not wanting to trade a draft pick for free lancing Collins and his bloated contract?

And? What’s your point? I still want Dez Bryant.

I’ll take Dez Bryant for the league minimum as a 4th WR over stone hands Thomas who costs a draft pick and a high salary any day of the week.

Explain to me how wanting Dez for peanuts is equal to not wanting to trade a draft pick for free lancing Collins and his bloated contract?

No need to get all defensive about it. I was just curious why you'd be willing to take a flyer on Dez but are critical of those who would take a flyer on Collins.

WR1 Gordon
WR2 Edelman
WR3 Hogan
WR4 Dorsett
WR5 Patterson

Where would Dez fit in? Nowhere, to be honest, considering his rumored low intellect, the complexity of this offense, and his diminished skills.

The Browns have fired Jackson, I wonder if a house cleaning comes next?

Sooo...adding the guy that actually got burned by him three years ago is an improvement?

Mmhm. :rolleyes:
You are making out that game as a reflection of Collins entire tenure here which isn't accurate.

He was a pretty good player while here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing