PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor - Gilmore could come back to the Patriots? Would you want him?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Gilmore Back?

• Yes. Let's do it!

Votes: 67 70.5%
  • No, this ship has sailed

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like Gilmore even just as a stopgap while a draft pick develops but I think he burned the bridge the way he left here tbh. Doubt he's coming back

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Hell yes

Even with the remote possibility that he'd want to come back, they wouldn't come to terms.

See below example (back-up G w/ a $2.4M tender) of how competitive the Pats have been in FAcy.

and if he paid 2.75m/year for a back up, he'd get roasted for wasting money/cap space on jags :rolleyes:

No chance hes back. Seems like that divorce was worse than Butlers

I agree he's not coming back, but a divorce worse than Butler?

Butler was behind a hit on the Godfather's son!

I don't think the relationship with bill would be the dealbreaker, but if Bill felt the team viewed Gilmore as dogging it when he could have played. That I think would violate the "team first" philosophy. It seemed up to that point Gilmore was an excellent team guy. tho. So maybe... I really think Bill views "what's best for the team" as more important than any personal beefs.

Vote YES
NFW I think it happens though

and if he paid 2.75m/year for a back up, he'd get roasted for wasting money/cap space on jags :rolleyes:
He'd be a starter here playing LG (assuming he beats competition). Pats were obviously interested for Bill to have dinner with him. They made him an offer. He chose CHI. Though in fairness, we don't know what those offers are.

Are they speculating he might return, or are they hearing from sources he might return? The phrasing above reads like speculation, so I’m not really putting any stock into it at this point.
they are speculating. If they have a source, then its from this message board because we are the only ones bringing it up. I'd take him back for sure and still draft some CBs

Butler never talked smack about the pats, to my knowledge. He would express confusion when asked about the SB thing and that's it.

Gilmore has been quite a different story...

I would like to see Gilmore come back, but I don’t think it will happen.

I just checked OvertheCap.com. They list the Raiders at 7.4M in cap space and KC at 25.7M. However, when reviewing the Raiders Team page, OTC still has Carl Nassib listed on their roster. Nassib was released on 3/16 at a savings of $8M. I also didn't do a deep dive to see if the page included any other signings that the Raiders might have done.

Looking at the Raiders, they only haver 5 draft picks this year. That will help them because the amount of cap space needed won't be much. However, they also only have 1 Contract that they can reduce the cap hit and that is Derek Carr's. Their other top cap hits were all Free Agents.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, can free up money by reaching a long term extension with Orlando Brown, Jr. their franchised player. Kelce is the only player left where they could free up about $3M in cap savings. So they could easily give Gilmore the money he wants.

Pats currently have 10M in cap space. But they have 7 draft picks (including a 1st) and that will eat into that 10M. They also need 7-8M for in season use. However, the Pats have numerous players they could work with on either extensions (Wynn, H. Henry, Godchaux, Agholor, J. Jones) , trades (Agholor, Meyers), cuts (Agholor, Godchaux, J. Jones) or Salary Conversions (Judon, J. Smith, H. Henry, Andrews, Wise, Mills). Any combination of those could free up more than enough money to add Gilmore if he was willing to come back. If Gilmore isn't signed by the draft, I would expect the potential of his re-signing to be much better.
I thought Agholor's cap hit this year comes in around $10 million if he's cut. Is that incorrect?

Butler never talked smack about the pats, to my knowledge. He would express confusion when asked about the SB thing and that's it.

Gilmore has been quite a different story...
Nope, if I remember right he did when he was down here with the Titans. Plus, he was terrible and overpaid when the Titans signed him. If I can dig up what he said I’ll post it, but yes, he did talk trash about the Pats. he was a total liability with the Titans, not a fan.

Can he cover a duckboat?

I thought Agholor's cap hit this year comes in around $10 million if he's cut. Is that incorrect?
Agholor's counts $15M if he stays on the team. He counts $10M if he's cut outright. If he's traded, he only count's $5M.

That's why I mentioned him in the Extension, Trade and Cut options.

Yes, I want their first pick to address their soft as Charmin front 7 - not a DB.
Bill has had a **** record of draft CB’s. I don’t want us anywhere near that position with a high draft pick.

Is this a serious question!? Yes for the right price and right situation OBVIOUSLY Patriots and fans would LOVE to have Gilmore back!!! Don’t see it happening!

Me either. However with J Jones coming back, Butler signed and Gilmore, I would take that group every Sunday.

I agree. Especially with Mills on the team as a back-up for both the slot and outside and FS.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back