PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor from a friend in the know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000army

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
my friend in the know...didn’t know a thing and was completely wrong. I apologize sincerely as I am as devastated as most of you are. If you want me banned I understand... I might just self quarantine as it is. Please feel free to make fun of me as you see fit... I deserve it for posting this thread.

Last edited:
This is a rumor only.... Brady is signing a 2 year deal with the Pats with a option on the third. According to my source it will be cap friendly. I would love to be able to confirm this but all it is is a rumor as far as I’m concerned.

here is to hoping!!

This is the way
A 2 + option year contract always seemed the most logical outcome
Brady wasn’t going to sign a 1 year deal
And
NE needs an option year to minimize cap repercussions

This is a rumor only.... Brady is signing a 2 year deal with the Pats with a option on the third. According to my source it will be cap friendly. I would love to be able to confirm this but all it is is a rumor as far as I’m concerned.

here is to hoping!!

This is the way
Can you tell us what your source does, or why we can take them seriously? Thanks for coming here to share. I obviously hope that you’re right.

A good Boston sports player ... can’t get any more detailed than that... again I am taking it with a grain of salt and I won’t back it with a guarantee but this is what I was told. I don’t want to get anyones hopes up but this is what was told to me.

Good now trade that 1st for Allen and sign Tyler Efiert

Good now trade that 1st for Allen and sign Tyler Efiert

I'd rather go for Tua. If the Patriots are turning into a run-first team, or a modified option, then Tua would be a VERY good choice.

I'd rather go for Tua. If the Patriots are turning into a run-first team, or a modified option, then Tua would be a VERY good choice.
He’s likely going to be taken early, and out of our range to trade up. Personally, I’d be all for it, but the cost would probably be too expensive.

I hope he’s right, but doesn’t sound like Tom even knows yet.

He’s likely going to be taken early, and out of our range to trade up. Personally, I’d be all for it, but the cost would probably be too expensive.
I don’t see him getting past Miami, so it’s a moot point. I see a lot of stuff I like and could work with in Eason, though. If this rumor is true, they could draft Eason and throw him into the competition with Stidham this year. Eason is raw and needs some work/hands-on coaching like Stidham did when he came here, but there is some tremendous upside there.

A good Boston sports player ... can’t get any more detailed than that... again I am taking it with a grain of salt and I won’t back it with a guarantee but this is what I was told. I don’t want to get anyones hopes up but this is what was told to me.
Ok, degree of confidence in your friend’s rumor 1-10? Last question. ;)

Has there been a legitimate update on Tua's health and recovery? When the injury happened, there was a chance it was so damaging that he might not ever run again, much less play football. Now he's being projected in the first round of the draft. What did I miss?

If Brady returns why would Pats consider drafting a 1st round QB?

Are you saying Stidham is a bust without even giving him a chance?

Phew. That's takes a load off. Thanks for sharing.:rolleyes:

Dwayne? We do need a TE...

Keenan Allen, LaC will be rebuilding so getting a 1st would be a nice get for them. Allen will be in his last year but at 28 still in his prime for us he’s a top 5 route runner

If Brady returns why would Pats consider drafting a 1st round QB?

Are you saying Stidham is a bust without even giving him a chance?
I don’t think anyone is making the claim that they should take a QB on day one unless Tua falls into their laps. In that case? Yes, they should absolutely take Tua. Without question. But that won’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes