PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! I totally forgot about that! Thanks!:D

I liked what I saw from him in that Tittys game, and was subsequently disappointed that he wasn't used more thereafter, especially after watching our running game grind to a complete halt. But that's Bill being Bill.

I liked what I saw from him in that Tittys game, and was subsequently disappointed that he wasn't used more thereafter, especially after watching our running game grind to a complete halt. But that's Bill being Bill.

Yeah because observing a few good plays during one game puts you into a more informed position than the coaching staff who sees the guy every day in practice.

I like Joey... but it's a tough league and a stacked roster...

rudy-o.gif

Some guys only get one play. :)

Yeah because observing a few good plays during one game puts you into a more informed position than the coaching staff who sees the guy every day in practice.

Captain stone is 100% delusional. He trashes Belichick in pretty much every post.

So you're saying Belichick the coach is killing Belichick the GM? :)

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled persons suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: highly skilled individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled persons suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: highly skilled individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others
And to break it down to layman's terms. The Dunning-Kruger effect basically states, "Are the stupid, too stupid, to realize they are stupid ?"

And to break it down to layman's terms. The Dunning-Kruger effect basically states, "Are the stupid, too stupid, to realize they are stupid ?"

And the second part I didn't realize, which is that it falls under the same category when smart people don't get that everyone isn't as smart as them. But that's irrelevant here.

And the second part I didn't realize, which is that it falls under the same category when smart people don't get that everyone isn't as smart as them. But that's irrelevant here.

I know what you mean or at least I think I do.

Well at least Rex Ryan's psychiatrist doesn't have to worry about Dunning-Kruger with all of the championships that Rex has piled up in the month of May.

Well at least Rex Ryan's psychiatrist doesn't have to worry about Dunning-Kruger with all of the championships that Rex has piled up in the month of May.

Rex suffers from a run-of-the-mill Oedipus Complex, which for him causes all sorts of self-sabotage. It's a pretty easy diagnosis once you read his Alt-X website from back in Baltimore. Classic case of a tendency toward debasement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes