PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cutdowns - PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome move! I love Dorsett

I thought Dorsett was more an outside speedster than a slot guy. Am I wrong about that? Unless he is a slot guy I don't see the point really.

Whoa.

I'm processing the Brisset for Dorsett trade.... I think I might love it.

I thought Dorsett was more an outside speedster than a slot guy. Am I wrong about that? Unless he is a slot guy I don't see the point really.

Why? Edelman was an outside receiver for a lot of snaps. Not that I expect Dorsett to replace Edelman at all...

Why? Edelman was an outside receiver for a lot of snaps. Not that I expect Dorsett to replace Edelman at all...

Just where does he play? Outside? Cooks and Hogan will play those spots. You rarely run 3 vertical guys at once which means much of his time will be on the bench.

He doesn't really return punts. He did some in college but hasn't in the NFL except a few times. I like his talent and upside but i just don't see a place for him here if he doesn't take a lot of snaps in the slot to be honest.

Not that I hate the trade. I think Jacoby will not be an NFL starter so I don't mind trading him but I just wonder where they see his role cause i don't see it besides emergency depth.

Who do you cover if you put Dorsett, Cooks, Hogan, Gronk and White on the field as receivers.... Match-up nightmares for the defense..

Just where does he play? Outside? Cooks and Hogan will play those spots. You rarely run 3 vertical guys at once which means much of his time will be on the bench.

He doesn't really return punts. He did some in college but hasn't in the NFL except a few times. I like his talent and upside but i just don't see a place for him here if he doesn't take a lot of snaps in the slot to be honest.

Not that I hate the trade. I think Jacoby will not be an NFL starter so I don't mind trading him but I just wonder where they see his role cause i don't see it besides emergency depth.

I think Cooks and perhaps even Hogan could do some slot work. Maybe even Dorsett. At least Cooks has that versatility, it's just that he's better utilized deep because not many others have his speed. Perhaps Dorsett frees Cooks up underneath more.

A young 4.27 40 guy with elite separation potential? You don't see the point?

I'm not at all surprised by Brissett's trade. I felt his days were short here.

His drafting mainly seemed at the time to be an insurance for Garoppolo due to Brady's suspension. And lo and behold he ended up having to make starts last season for that very same reason.

However, he seemed to not make any improvements as a passer this season. Not making a second year leap is a red-flag in my books. The Patriots are not in the business of coddling players who don't improve.

This trade is a win-win for both sides to be honest. Brissett is now placed in a system that is better suited for his skillset in terms of more a vertical passing attack. Dorsett has been an underachiever in that same system, but his skillset is probably better suited here anyway.

Does Dorsett return punts or kicks? I know he's incredibly fast. This is pretty surprising.

Dorsett returned 25 punts and 25 kicks his last three season at Miami(FL). Unremarkable results, though. Only 2 PR and 1 KR for the Clots, and not much there, either.

Worth pointing out. Dorsett has 3 returns in 2 years. 2 punt returns for 1 yard total. 1 kick off return for 12 yards.

So maybe he can but to ask him to do something he hasn't done in 2 years really isn't a small thing.

This trade is a win-win for both sides to be honest. Brissett is now placed in a system that is better suited for his skillset in terms of more a vertical passing attack. Dorsett has been an underachiever in that same system, but his skillset is probably better suited here anyway.
Dorsett is a speedster that doesn't fit into a vertical passing attack?

A young 4.27 40 guy with elite separation potential? You don't see the point?

I didn't say I dislike it or that is is not interesting. Just I am not overly excited. He has already played 2 years with Luck who likes to chuck it up. He already had that 2nd year jump so his ability to improve may not be that high at this point.

Let's not over hype a WR who got 528 yards with a good QB throwing to him. Yes the 4.3 speed is interesting but that doesn't win games or makes plays in itself. I am not saying he is horrible cause i don't think he is. However lets not pretend this is going to make a big difference in our offense. I see it pretty much as a WR depth move which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes