Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you rooting for Rex to be fired during or after this season?

• Yes, the Bills firing him should help the Pats

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, let's keep Rex right where he is

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to become an analyst. I'd love to see him have to constantly talk about NE's success on TV.

I feel bad for Bills fans. They had the almost dynasty and have had to watch us have The Dynasty. They have had to travel to friggin Canada for home games. Rumors of your team leaving and Western NY has taken it hard last several decades economically.

Despite bad memories of the Williams kicking our ass in the early AFL days, I always liked the team. I certainly rooted for them in their SBs, especially against the Giants whom I hated.
But my support ended when after taking the team to the playoffs the coach sat Flutie for Rob Johnson ("He's tall and has a strong arm!") the human tackling dummy and they lost. The Buffalo fans by and large supported the decision so they earned their place in football Hell.

I want him to become an analyst. I'd love to see him have to constantly talk about NE's success on TV.

Rex has an obvious man crush on BB. Likely why he took the Buffalo job.

His ability to evaluate talent; ie Tyrod Taylor is off the charts. Keep him!!

Really? For a team without a QB, that seemed a pretty good pickup. Blind squirrel and all that.

Keep "Train Rex" right were he is. I hope they give him a lifetime contract and personnel control.

Unfortunately (for you) the new owner has already given Wrecks a win or else ultimatum for this year. I'm pretty sure he'll be gone.

Unfortunately (for you) the new owner has already given Wrecks a win or else ultimatum for this year. I'm pretty sure he'll be gone.
Yea I heard that too.

Against. NFL Comedy Central will be sorely missed. :D

There is nothing more entertaining than the Rex Ryan post game presser after his team loses. Speaking strictly for my entertainment I say keep him.

No he isn't.
Look at the record and ignore the hype.
Points allowed ranking since 2011
15 (taking over the exact same defense that was 4th the year before)

His last 2 jets teams set an all time NFL record for the fewest take ways ever by any team in a 2 year span. They had 28 combined in 2 years and Bowles took over and they had 30.
The bills set a franchise record for most sacks the year before he arrived and set a record for fewest his first year.

He is not a good defensive coach. He tells you he is and his father was so people buy into it.
"He creates exotic schemes" yup and they ultimately fail.

If you feel sorry for losers.

On that I agree.
[/QUOTE]
Fair and interesting points, but his Defenses ranked in the league in terms of yards consistently high, especially earlier in his career.

Ravens
2005: 5
2006: 1 (also 1st in points)
2007: 6
2008: 2

Jets
2009: 1 (also 1st in points)
2010: 3
2011: 5
2012: 8
2013: 11
2014: 6

As much of a buffoon as I'd like to believe he is, that Jets Defense that upset the Patriots in the 2011 Divisional Playoffs in Foxboro came to play with a solid gameplan.

His teams have completely stunk in the last few years though.

Bring Fat Rex back. Much funnier when he was fat!

I remember well the turnstile of bad coaches in NE. One day in the not too distant future the Pats will again need to hire a new head coach, and there will not be another Belichick.

Also if he is a bad head coach he can't be anyone's good defensive coach

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

He's doing a terrific job. Buffalo shouldn't do anything with him for another ten or twelve years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News