Rondo tore his ACL.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Breaking news during the Heat-Celts game. Guy is a MASSIVE douchebag, but a great competitor. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr. Rondo.

blow it up C's...dump all those old turds..this team is horrible...so bad....(glad i don't watch basketball anymore)

blow it up C's...dump all those old turds..this team is horrible...so bad....(glad i don't watch basketball anymore)

"dump those old turds" and "glad I don't watch basketball anymore"
I have not lost any respect for the Celtics who were the last Boston team (major) to win a championshiip. I guess you will not post when they raise Paul Pierce's number.

That's unfortunate. Time for the Celtics to start planning for the future.

The Celtics made big mistakes signing Jeff Green and Brandon Bass to those big contracts.

Jeff Green is horrible, zero basketball IQ and a weak defender.
Bass plays weak for his size, he gets pushed around and under-rebounds for a PF.

I have not lost any respect for the Celtics who were the last Boston team (major) to win a championshiip. I guess you will not post when they raise Paul Pierce's number.
the bruins were the last to win a championship and they are very big in boston.

nope..bruins won after them and yeah i won't post when his number goes to rafters? I grew up watching him play on all those horrible teams

I have been thinking to myself over the past year or so that the Celtics may be better without Rondo....My reasoning is the fact that his shot (though it has gotten better) is very inconsistent....This team may be better without Rondo as it doesn't allow the defense to sink to the foul line and clog the middle of the lane thus allowing KG and Pierce more room to work and get to the hoop....Barbosa is a guy that i really like as he has the speed that Rondo had but also can shoot from distance allowing us to burn the defense for dropping off of him....Also from watching almost every single Celtics game the last few years it looks like Rondo's defense was starting to lack and he would just try the steal from behind instead of staying in front of his defender....When we have Bradley and Barbosa or Lee on the floor the defense seems to be better....This is my opinion and hopefully Terry can find a shot soon and this team can prove me right....

I sort of agree sadly. Rondo is a human highlight reel but the stats don't lie - they are slightly better without him.

Not that he's useless but the team in its current form doesn't utilize his talent.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back