PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Rivera agrees with BB that everything should be reviewable

Status
Not open for further replies.

glm

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
But as to the larger issues facing the league, Rivera said he’s starting to come around to Bill Belichick’s long-held suggestion that everything should be reviewable.

“I’m beginning to get to that point,” Rivera said. “There should be a certain number, just like we have a set number of challenges. Maybe that’s what you do. But I think it’s something the competition committee and the league is most certainly going to look at.

Ron Rivera’s starting to think Bill Belichick is onto something

Maybe the NFL will finally listen now :rolleyes:

The most important thing to me is that they get the calls right, even if they go against my team.

It's funny that Ron Rivera sees it the same as Belichick now. I wonder how he would have felt if the refs overturned the obvious PI in the end zone on Gronk in 2013 at the end of the game.

I think a lot MORE calls/non-calls should be reviewable but not everything.

This will go nowhere until league/media darlings like Coach 'Stache, Brother John, and Pagano get behind it

Good. I hope they do this. I'm all about getting the calls right but it would slow the game to the point where it would be unwatchable. Then down would go the NFL ship, or at least (hopefully) Goodell.

Good. I hope they do this. I'm all about getting the calls right but it would slow the game to the point where it would be unwatchable. Then down would go the NFL ship, or at least (hopefully) Goodell.

I don't think you could open it up to everything is reviewable in the sense that you throw a challenge because refs missed holding and they go back to review. I think the reviews could only be to pick up a flag.

But the problem then becomes refs will now just throw more flags and err(or) on the side of caution. Which gets to your point about games getting even more unwatchable.

It's got a chance now that someone besides the Pats are speaking up for it. Otherwise it's DOA at Park Ave. like everything else Patriots.

The Competition Committee is where good ideas go to die a slow, painful death due to shortsightedness, corruption, and outright stupidity, under the incompetent oversight of Mean Mr. Moustache, first ballot inductee into the Hall of Mediocrity.

I can't think of a stupider business process than to have Bill Belichick's ideas dismissed by the likes of Jeff Fisher and the room full of dimwitted turds that make up this joke of a committee.

Thanks, Roger, you dumb f--k.

Last edited:
Why would it slow it down significantly more if they still only get 2 challenges?

Why would it slow it down significantly more if they still only get 2 challenges?

Then coaches would have to challenge important things and not waste them on whether a player threw the ball away to set up 4th and 9 vs. 4th and 15 from their own 23. Yeah Rex, I'm looking at you, you stupid ****.

Goodell would never allow Belichick to be given credit for implementing a good idea that worked

Honestly, even with the whole notion that it might slow the game down...give em an extra challenge, too. Adding that whole new spectrum of reviewable plays might mean teams hanging on to challenges too much out of fear that at some point in the game, they'll need to use it on a ****ty penalty. Hell, give em 4 challenges, two for penalty plays and two for non penalty plays. Penalty challenges that aren't overturned cost a normal one too.

Also if you have four penalties left at the end of the game you get to kick two field goals but only with your punter.

Sorry, I lost it a little at the end there.

I think the problem is the NFL is relying on poorly defined rules that are subjective. If you're going to have anal cysts like Blandino claiming the Gronk OPI is correct once you open the door to non-calls...

The NFL had been actively mucking with things for over a decade. Most of the changes have been obvious BS by teams looking to gain an advantage. All while ignoring the actual problems. Now we're left with rules and interpretations that the only thing people can agree on is they're ****. If what Gronk did is OPI fine, but call it the other 60 times it happens per game.

Then coaches would have to challenge important things and not waste them on whether a player threw the ball away to set up 4th and 9 vs. 4th and 15 from their own 23. Yeah Rex, I'm looking at you, you stupid ****.
We all know Rex would still throw that idiotic challenge and have none left midway into the second quarter, then become belligerent in the third when there's a bad call and he can't do anything about it.

Not surprising that Rivera seeing the possibility of a bad call or two costing his team a 16-0 season is now on board with BB'S reasoning. The problem is that there are so many mediocre teams in this league that there won't be enough will to make this happen.

The talk show mediots whine, 'but then the games will last hours and hours'.. they want us to believe that an extra couple of minutes is not worth it?? If the refs got it correct they would have less to babble about..

All the while they ignore the obvious technology, while installing new and better camera's on wires for the world to see the ineptitude of the refs..

I think the problem is the NFL is relying on poorly defined rules that are subjective. If you're going to have anal cysts like Blandino claiming the Gronk OPI is correct once you open the door to non-calls...

The NFL had been actively mucking with things for over a decade. Most of the changes have been obvious BS by teams looking to gain an advantage. All while ignoring the actual problems. Now we're left with rules and interpretations that the only thing people can agree on is they're ****. If what Gronk did is OPI fine, but call it the other 60 times it happens per game.

This is, without question, the issue with the current officiating problems.

The talk show mediots whine, 'but then the games will last hours and hours'.. they want us to believe that an extra couple of minutes is not worth it?? If the refs got it correct they would have less to babble about..

All the while they ignore the obvious technology, while installing new and better camera's on wires for the world to see the ineptitude of the refs..
I just don't buy that it would make games longer. It wouldn't give coaches more challenges. Period.

• Agree
Reactions: glm
I think a lot MORE calls/non-calls should be reviewable but not everything.

I think everything should be reviewable but go to three challenges. Keep turnovers and TD reviews the same but get rid of the under 2 min booth review. Make the coaches have to challenge those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back