PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robbie Anderson to NE?

We saw that Josh schemed Agholor open deep on several occasions but was never thrown the ball. He knows Carr can and will throw deep balls to him. Maybe he can get traded to Raiders. Don't expect much for the Pats out of it though, given Zeigler & Josh are sitting on other side of the table.
So we would get hosed in a deal based on past association... sure sucks being us sometimes.

Robbie Anderson 2021 (played 17 games) : 53 receptions, 519 yards, 9.8 average, 5TD's

Nelson Agholor 2021 (played 15 games) : 37 receptions, 473 yards, 12.8 average, 3 TD's.

When you account for games played it's pretty much a wash with Agholor being a little more efficient. Like I said, waste of time. It's at best a lateral move and at worst a distraction from actually focusing on finding a real number 1 receiver.

Robbie Anderson 2021 (played 17 games) : 53 receptions, 519 yards, 9.8 average, 5TD's

Nelson Agholor 2021 (played 15 games) : 37 receptions, 473 yards, 12.8 average, 3 TD's.

When you account for games played it's pretty much a wash with Agholor being a little more efficient. Like I said, waste of time. It's at best a lateral move and at worst a distraction from actually focusing on finding a real number 1 receiver.
No you said one of the worst receivers in the league. Now you are back peddling. He obviously isn't one of the worst wide receivers in the league.

It’s at best an upgrade not a lateral move. Just taking into account their career averages Anderson was consistently in that 14-15 YPC category, agholor around 12. That being said the money would have to be right to consider it with agholor being shipped out.

No you said one of the worst receivers in the league. Now you are back peddling. He obviously isn't one of the worst wide receivers in the league.
He was. He was targeted a lot and had one of the worst passer ratings when targeted. Agholor is better. Production wise you can spam Anderson and get something similar, but that's the best you can say about him. He's not good.

Fantastic 2020 as others have mentioned. 70% catch percentage is very good and pro day numbers say he ran 40 Yard Dash in 4.36 seconds. Also doesnt miss many games. Faster, taller and more receiving yards then Agholor (Anderson played 1 year less then Agholor).

1646508535704.png

1646508492838.png

Last edited:
The draft picks involved going to the Panthers for Anderson and coming from the Raiders for Agholor along with whether the Pats could restructure or extend Anderson’s contract to gain cap space will decide if this is move worth doing or not for me.

Agholor missed one game last season. In that game, Kristian Wilkerson caught 2 TD passes and had a third bounce off his hands. My opinion is Agholor would not have done better if he had played in the game.
Have you read somewhere that the pats were in talks to trade him to Raiders? I thought that was just something all of us here have been talking about?

He’ll definitely put Mac over the top, he can be his Diggs.

This scrawny guy is built like an alien. Save the money and draft Jameson Williams.

Alien.png
1277410271.jpeg

I thought he was a gamer with the Jests.. I like it!

If it's Anderson or Agholor, give me Anderson (for maybe a 4th round pick at best).

Fantastic 2020 as others have mentioned. 70% catch percentage is very good and pro day numbers say he ran 40 Yard Dash in 4.36 seconds. Also doesnt miss many games. Faster, taller and more receiving yards then Agholor (Anderson played 1 year less then Agholor).

View attachment 41577

View attachment 41576

It's also pretty easy to explain what happened last year: Sam Darnold and Cam Newton.

There are a ton of quality options at WR in free agency and the draft. Do we really want to invest good money on Anderson? I do think he's not a bad player but he is coming off a down year and isn't elite even at his peak. At that price tag, we should look elsewhere

Straight up (if there's no $ difference), I'll take Agholor over Anderson.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back