PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers waived

If you want to criticize the Rivers pick then you need to criticize Trey Flowers as well.

I've been thinking hard about this post for a few minutes and I still can't figure out what it could possibly mean.

31 teams are saying the same thing and I don't see any rings on those fingers. As far as beast Rb's go, I'm just fine with Harris

The Pats have rings because of Brady.

The Pats could afford to have bad drafts with a QB who still made the situation work. What you also fail to realize is that picking the players that I listed puts that position to bed for 3 - 4 years. Youre not addressing the same position season after season or stuck with a bum steer taking up a roster spot.

The Pats could afford to have bad drafts with a QB who still made the situation work. What you also fail to realize is that picking the players that I listed puts that position to bed for 3 - 4 years. Youre not addressing the same position season after season or stuck with a bum steer taking up a roster spot.
Oh stop, they didnt win championships because of one player. Thats what made the Pats great, it was a team effort. It was great to have Brady but for example the Superbowl win two years ago wasn't because of him.

If this is true then why don't we have 19 rings?

I have to respectably disagree, Ashley, its a team game but the qb is the most important player on the team
No one is doubting that and I've been a huge Brady fan and always will be, but it wrong to say that we've won 6 superbowls because of 1 player. My point was that we've had great teams, and it's been a team effort, when our offense was down, our defense would pick us up and vice versa.

Oh stop, they didnt win championships because of one player. Thats what made the Pats great, it was a team effort. It was great to have Brady but for example the Superbowl win two years ago wasn't because of him.
They don't get to the SB in 14, 16, 17, or 18 without sad tom taking WELL below market deals...they don't sign Revis in 14 or Gilmore w/o Brady taking a middling deal...Brady taking less allowed Bill the GM to sign his coveted bit player ST defensive backs, don't forget that too...w/o Brady taking less we don't have guys like Brooks gracing the safety corps

No one is doubting that and I've been a huge Brady fan and always will be, but it wrong to say that we've won 6 superbowls because of 1 player. My point was that we've had great teams, and it's been a team effort, when our offense was down, our defense would pick us up and vice versa.
We havent had a good defense in a long time and last years defense picked the wrong half of the season to be good

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back