Riley McCarron is one Option to Replace Amendola in the Slot in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Steve Balestrieri

Texans head coach Bill O'Brien called McCarron "the spitting image of Welker" in training camp. O'Brien has coached Welker and hired him as an assistant coach.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

The kid certainly has the athletic tools. He just has put it together. He’ll be one of the guys I’m most interested in during TC.

the replacement in the slot is Edelman

Cool!!!

28859-who-animated-gif-arrested-development-9659488-432-240.gif

Huge longshot.
Typically we carry 5 WRs. I imagine we could carry 6 if Slater isn’t resigned and we get st contributions out of one (Patterson I suppose) Here is what appears to be ahead of McCarron

Edelman
Cooks
Hogan
Mitchell
Patterson
Britt
Dorsett

Realistic he could beat out 3 of them?

Huge longshot.
Typically we carry 5 WRs. I imagine we could carry 6 if Slater isn’t resigned and we get st contributions out of one (Patterson I suppose) Here is what appears to be ahead of McCarron

Edelman
Cooks
Hogan
Mitchell
Patterson
Britt
Dorsett

If he rocks out during TC, I don't see why he couldn't beat out Britt and Dorsett. Patterson may be a lock for ST purposes depending on how the draft swings.

If he rocks out during TC, I don't see why he couldn't beat out Britt and Dorsett. Patterson may be a lock for ST purposes depending on how the draft swings.
It’s a longshot.

I think the receiver position is crowded enough even without McCarron right now. If they can keep him on the practice squad for another year, then there could be a significantly bigger opportunity for him in 2019.

Look at those videos! I will have some tough decisions to make,

Riley McCatton...Coradrelle Catterson, you may find yourself spread thin.

Last edited:
Huge longshot.

Edelman
Cooks
Hogan
Mitchell
Patterson
Britt
Dorsett

Well if a couple of them go on IR again that could help him out

The kid is hyper athletic and mobile, way better athlete then Amendola ever was. He has to show the hands and ability over the middle obviously, but if he does 4.4 speed gives him the burst to take it to the house.

We also need a punt returner, ideally not Edelman, this kid can possibly provide that. IMO Britt won't make it and Mitchell is always an injury risk. As others said above, he's an interesting prospect to track in camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back