PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Right Wing Evangelical Christians

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Ive been sober from them for a year. I follow the words of Jesus, not crazy loony, whackjob, nutcase, Obama hating, gay bashing, money obsessed, Fox News watching screw heads. I do everything i can now to get the majority of Christians who have been bullied over the last 35 years by these nuts to speak up because they dont represent Christ and I apologize for the influence they had over me when I was a young Christian.
Help me! Im stuck in Kansas surrounded by them! Send lobster and decent chinese food!

Check out "The Christian Left" page on facebook. Sane Christians.

Ive been sober from them for a year. I follow the words of Jesus, not crazy loony, whackjob, nutcase, Obama hating, gay bashing, money obsessed, Fox News watching screw heads. I do everything i can now to get the majority of Christians who have been bullied over the last 35 years by these nuts to speak up because they dont represent Christ and I apologize for the influence they had over me when I was a young Christian.
Help me! Im stuck in Kansas surrounded by them! Send lobster and decent chinese food!

Luke 19:27... please don't!

Nice job taking a single verse out of context. Read Luke 19 in its entirety and you will see thats the last line of a parable. Both believers and non believers make the mistake of of taking one verse out of context and missing meanings and many times who the speaker even is

Ive been sober from them for a year.

Congratulations to you that is a great milestone. I presented my dad with his two year chip and a good friend with his three year. I'm not a friend of Bill W but have several other friends who are.

Regarding religious moderates coming out and speaking on topics I know what you mean to a degree. A friend of mine who's super into politics always wanted to kill me because I'd come up with very moderate common sense solutions to debates that the left and right couldn't come close to solving. He'd say if more people like you got into politics more things would get done. To which I always replied people like me don't get into politics because nothing ever gets done.

Likewise when it comes to the religion moderates don't want to get involved because it's a giant circle that keeps spinning into a maelstrom that most people would rather avoid. Although the other poster may have lacked tact in his reply to you I generally agree with him that I don't need more people telling me how I should live my life. I begrudge nobody their beliefs and only ask the same. I feel if everybody had that view the world would be a better place.

Well glad to see you're sober. Unfortuantely, your knowledge of the christian faith is very, very limited if you think that it in any way, shape, or form christianity supports homosexual acts.

Well glad to see you're sober. Unfortuantely, your knowledge of the christian faith is very, very limited if you think that it in any way, shape, or form christianity supports homosexual acts.

Why am I not stunned that you zeroed in on that like a laser beam? Of course i only said "Gay bashing", i never said what you said i did. Why are Christians like you totally obsessed with homosexuals?

Why am I not stunned that you zeroed in on that like a laser beam? Of course i only said "Gay bashing", i never said what you said i did. Why are Christians like you totally obsessed with homosexuals?

Because Progressives use "gay bashing" as a propaganda tool to describe any argument that's made to counter the homosexual "rights" movement.

So if you're saying that gay bashing = being unkind to people with same sex attractions than I agree with you, it should not happen.

So, "chrisitians like me" aren't obsessed with homosexuals because we don't consider the same sex attraction as immoral....only sex same acts would be immoral regardless of who commits them.

Because Progressives use "gay bashing" as a propaganda tool to describe any argument that's made to counter the homosexual "rights" movement.

So if you're saying that gay bashing = being unkind to people with same sex attractions than I agree with you, it should not happen.

So, "chrisitians like me" aren't obsessed with homosexuals because we don't consider the same sex attraction as immoral....only sex same acts would be immoral regardless of who commits them.
So youre ok with same sex attraction, then you agree same sex attraction isnt "a choice" then? Because when i was about 7 i realized while watching Gilligans Island i reeaaaly liked girls, and have ever since. I didnt choose, It just was. So youre not one of Michelle Bachmann its a choice freaks, just they shouldnt act on it Evangelicals?

Because when i was about 7 i realized while watching Gilligans Island i reeaaaly liked girls

Gingerm, Maryanne or yes?

So youre ok with same sex attraction, then you agree same sex attraction isnt "a choice" then? Because when i was about 7 i realized while watching Gilligans Island i reeaaaly liked girls, and have ever since. I didnt choose, It just was. So youre not one of Michelle Bachmann its a choice freaks, just they shouldnt act on it Evangelicals?

I've said that it wasn't immoral to have the attraction. I've also said in the past that this attraction is not a choice for many people. I do believe that the scientific evidence demonstrates that the attraction is psychological in nature and not physiological (no one is born gay). As such, the attraction...although not sinful in and of itself, is still disordered.

Christian tradition is quite clear that homosexual acts are always immoral and as such are never acceptable regardless of who commits them (homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual experimenting).

That being said, if someone with a same sex attraction wishes to live a Christian life, they can do so by rejecting sin through the power of grace which can lead them if they choose to christian perfection.

BTW, I am not an Evangelical christian. I am a Roman Catholic.

I've said that it wasn't immoral to have the attraction. I've also said in the past that this attraction is not a choice for many people. I do believe that the scientific evidence demonstrates that the attraction is psychological in nature and not physiological (no one is born gay). As such, the attraction...although not sinful in and of itself, is still disordered.

Christian tradition is quite clear that homosexual acts are always immoral and as such are never acceptable regardless of who commits them (homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual experimenting).

That being said, if someone with a same sex attraction wishes to live a Christian life, they can do so by rejecting sin through the power of grace which can lead them if they choose to christian perfection.

BTW, I am not an Evangelical christian. I am a Roman Catholic.
Christian perfection? Youre perfect? But see, there it is. If they want to live the Christian life. Christians only have jurisdiction over the church. As the United States is not one big church, why should non Christians live under "our" rules? Jesus didnt come to overthrow Caesar, he came to save the lost. Evangelicals, and people like yourself, get all wrapped up in ruling the world instead of doing what we were commanded, to love and to spread the Good News. Our own marraiges in the church are falling apart, plenty to occupy our energy there instead of obsessing about the Gay

Christian perfection? Youre perfect? But see, there it is. If they want to live the Christian life. Christians only have jurisdiction over the church. As the United States is not one big church, why should non Christians live under "our" rules? Jesus didnt come to overthrow Caesar, he came to save the lost. Evangelicals, and people like yourself, get all wrapped up in ruling the world instead of doing what we were commanded, to love and to spread the Good News. Our own marraiges in the church are falling apart, plenty to occupy our energy there instead of obsessing about the Gay

Am I perfect, no. But I'm not trying to justify my sin. Jesus calls us to christian perfection even though we may only attain it in heaven with him.
My point was that people with same sex inclinations can attain that state of perfection just like anyone else.

Christians are called to "obey Caesar" insofar as Caesar doesn't force us to actively support laws or policies that were contrary to our christian faith.

As for marriage in general, I think we need to focus on all of it.....divorce, co-habitation, same sex marriage.

Am I perfect, no. But I'm not trying to justify my sin. Jesus calls us to christian perfection even though we may only attain it in heaven with him.
My point was that people with same sex inclinations can attain that state of perfection just like anyone else.

Christians are called to "obey Caesar" insofar as Caesar doesn't force us to actively support laws or policies that were contrary to our christian faith.

As for marriage in general, I think we need to focus on all of it.....divorce, co-habitation, same sex marriage.
Who exactly is trying to justify his sin? "Christians are called to "obey Caesar" insofar as Caesar doesnt force us to actively support laws or policies that were contrary to our christian faith". Really? Which laws, cuz there are many denominations that believe different interpretations of the law, and i dont recall when we were taught to only obey the civic laws we want. Did your Pastor teach you this?
Finally, you completely bypassed my point that America is not a great big megachurch that has to obey Christian law. We dont have to marry Gay people in our churches, but what jurisdiction to we have to tell a Jew, a Muslim, an athiest, or anyone out of the Faith that they have to follow your Pastors interpretation of the Bible?
Arrogance is a pretty big sin too.

Who exactly is trying to justify his sin? "Christians are called to "obey Caesar" insofar as Caesar doesnt force us to actively support laws or policies that were contrary to our christian faith". Really? Which laws, cuz there are many denominations that believe different interpretations of the law, and i dont recall when we were taught to only obey the civic laws we want. Did your Pastor teach you this?
Finally, you completely bypassed my point that America is not a great big megachurch that has to obey Christian law. We dont have to marry Gay people in our churches, but what jurisdiction to we have to tell a Jew, a Muslim, an athiest, or anyone out of the Faith that they have to follow your Pastors interpretation of the Bible?
Arrogance is a pretty big sin too.

From my "Pastor"........the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic church:

2242 The citizen is obliged in conscience not to follow the directives of civil authorities when they are contrary to the demands of the moral order, to the fundamental rights of persons or the teachings of the Gospel. Refusing obedience to civil authorities, when their demands are contrary to those of an upright conscience, finds its justification in the distinction between serving God and serving the political community. "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."48 "We must obey God rather than men":49

When citizens are under the oppression of a public authority which oversteps its competence, they should still not refuse to give or to do what is objectively demanded of them by the common good; but it is legitimate for them to defend their own rights and those of their fellow citizens against the abuse of this authority within the limits of the natural law and the Law of the Gospel.50

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The fourth commandment

I haven't made my arguments against same sex marriage based upon faith. I've made my arguments against same sex marriage based upon precedence and Natural law. So I'm not requiring anyone to believe in my faith.

I've said that it wasn't immoral to have the attraction. I've also said in the past that this attraction is not a choice for many people. I do believe that the scientific evidence demonstrates that the attraction is psychological in nature and not physiological (no one is born gay). As such, the attraction...although not sinful in and of itself, is still disordered....

OT: is anybody born straight?

I'll agree with you that it's off topic. If you want to start another thread in the political forum I will gladly participate.

OT: It's not politics, it's biology. Or psychology.

I'm curious what the studies you're citing discovered. If you want to just the cite the studies, that would work, too, though.

OT: It's not politics, it's biology. Or psychology.

I'm curious what the studies you're citing discovered. If you want to just the cite the studies, that would work, too, though.

I'll gladly respond in the Politics forum.

I'll gladly respond in the Politics forum.

OT: Why would it be in that cesspool?

You made a claim. Now you won't elaborate, back it up or even show what you're pretending to cite. Typical. I guess you've spent too much time there.

edit: Lifer, sorry for the digression. Didn't realize that a simple question would lead to a back and forth, though I suppose I should have.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back