PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Rhamondre Stevenson

I’d have no problem if he was a 600 yard and 8 TD a season short yardage, clock killing bulldozer
For a guy who's only being asked to be a depth back that would be impressive. He's definitely got the raw talent to do it too.

He has to play special teams and prove he belongs.

Love the pick, but he's behind everyone on the depth chart. Harris didn't play as a rookie either.

I like this kid a lot. I hope he lives up to his potential, he'd be a good replacement for Michel to pair with Harris.

Howe had a story about Stevenson today.

Man, Howe has gotten me thinking that this may be the best Patriots draft class in a long time...Barmore, Perkins, Stevenson, and Bledsoe all seem to be hits....I know it's early....and I even like McGrone who won't see the field, the speedster from FCU, Sherman the OL-man, and oh... someone named Mac....

Agree, great draft to go along with a great free agency, the off-season really could not have been any better.

I like this kid a lot. I hope he lives up to his potential, he'd be a good replacement for Michel to pair with Harris.
By seasons end, I’d be so pumped if he was the FT back being spelled by Harris and Taylor. Just ram him into the opposing D relentlessly, then bring in a guy like Harris who has solid speed+power. That would be awesome.

He has to play special teams and prove he belongs.

Love the pick, but he's behind everyone on the depth chart. Harris didn't play as a rookie either.
but he was hurt to start the year

but he was hurt to start the year

Exactly...There would've been plenty of opportunities for him to be given carries if he hadn't broken his finger near the end of what had been an excellent preseason for him.

This whole We don't play rookies line is sooo pre-Salary Cap....

Agree, great draft to go along with a great free agency, the off-season really could not have been any better.

Julio would be the cherry on top though.....

I'm really excited to see what Blount JR can bring. I believe he has the size, skill and athleticism to lay some serious lumber...trucking if you will. Most players back in the day had an extra edge...if you know what I mean. I hope he finds it with no issues and becomes a real threat running and catching.

Exactly...There would've been plenty of opportunities for him to be given carries if he hadn't broken his finger near the end of what had been an excellent preseason for him.

Rookies also don't start over really good players ahead of them by default. Harris got his chance when Sony got hurt, not because he leapt ahead of him on the depth chart.

Rookie RB's also have to show they can pass block, an underrated aspect of the position by fans. I like Stevens a lot, Sony may be on his way out the door with a logjam at the position, but nothing is handed to anyone.

Rookies also don't start over really good players ahead of them by default. Harris got his chance when Sony got hurt, not because he leapt ahead of him on the depth chart.

Rookie RB's also have to show they can pass block, an underrated aspect of the position by fans. I like Stevens a lot, Sony may be on his way out the door with a logjam at the position, but nothing is handed to anyone.
There is no logjam. We have Michel, Harris, White, Stevenson and Johnson.

There is no logjam. We have Michel, Harris, White, Stevenson and Johnson.
They have Michel, Harris, White, Taylor, Bolden, Stevenson, Gaffney...

Gaffney had trouble staying healthy last time he played in NE, if he survives camp he’s still a good athlete and will cost pennies. If they decide to move on from Michel due to contract and long term health concerns there are worse depth guys.

That’s 7 bodies, they’ll carry 5 RB’s on the active roster at most. If Stevenson shows out in camp and preseason he’ll play after Sony/Harris. If he shows he can pass block and contribute on special teams he will be active on game days. Bolden has already shown he is good at these things.

That whole line is exaggerated ignorance by the people railing against it.

"One of these is not like the other..."
Take Gaffney away and you still have six HB's, I can never remember a time the Pats carried six HB's on their roster... ever.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back