PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Rhamondre Stevenson

1977 or 78: Don Calhoun, Ike Forte, Horace Ivory, Sam Cunningham, Andy Johnson, et al. GREAT rushing team. Broke some records if I recall. Of course that was back when the running game was king all around the league. And yes, I'm old.
25:00 minute mark. Hannah blocks Randy White and Cunnigham goes all the way. I remember this like it was yesterday.

Oh, there's research that takes it far beyond theory. The class of chemicals are "endocrine disrupting chemicals" and many of them are plasticisers that create the properties of the plastic (flexible vs. stiff, etc.). They hack our hormone systems and create havoc.

One of the more threatening results is that average sperm count is down by half over the past 50 years, and is approaching an average level where conception becomes virtually impossible without medical intervention.
Tell that to my wife who took exactly one evening to get pregnant

Tell that to my wife who took exactly one evening to get pregnant

LOL. Yeah, those experiences can wake you up.
This Joe Rogan episode is pretty good on the subject.

I'd love to see Blake Corum as a James White replacement. They're built extremely similarly - short, stout, low center of gravity, quick and shifty but not fast in a straight line (Corum might have a bit more burst than White, but they're not far apart). Both come from the Big Ten. Both have very good vision and utilize blocks well. Both have very good hands and are a receiving threat. White was taken in the 4th round. I think a 5th for Corum would be appropriate, maaaaybe a 4th.

Tough, one cut finisher type. Classic big back for Bill. Definitely has the finish mentality you want in the 4th quarter, last 4 mins.

At times he'll be too much of hurry for contact. Patience behind the los could be worked on some. It's not bad but that's where he'll make his $ and could be maximized a little more. Its better once he hits the second level but can get stuck in traffic up close at times. Stretch stuff needs a little clean up but he can run in most system simply bc of his balance and toughness.

Bruiser that wants contact but doesn't have 5000 carries coming into the league. Does a nice job with subtle cuts, stop/start, stiff arm to avoid tackles. If you're not going low you're on the ground. He'll lower his shoulder and give you nothing but his upper body to hit which works out for him. Again nice job at giving up as little as possible to touch. Lots falling forward, tough yac. Teams are going to be hurting between Harris & Stevenson (if he works out) for 4 quarters. Big, tough, mean backs that want contact. Two big backs!

Enough speed for chunks. Won't run away from anyone but more than enough burst and short speed. Remember once he gets going it's not fun or easy to get him down. Good lateral ability. Decent COD, nice little spin move at times.

++ contact balance. He'll carry a LB for yards, drag a DB 10 yards. Hes a guy that will require wrapping up and multiple tacklers most times, esp once he hits space.

Soft hands, r/r was simple and basic but he was running angle routes and other stuff at the SR Bowl. Lots of potential there. Please don't shy away from it Josh, he can do it.

Decent in pass pro but needs more urgency. Too hesitant at times. This wasn't something he did a lot in college. Decent but needs to get better covering up and hitting the A/B gaps.

Strong back with 3 down upside, short yardage potential and could be a big-time finisher. Improve his patience and ability to set his blocks on the line. Keep his weight in check, he was 240 at times and he'll fit right in here. Suspended in 2019 for pot-carried over to 2020.

I had a 4th on him so like the value and not really surprised by a RB. That room is hanging on by a thread, he's needed. Him & Harris are similar but also a little different. Again two really big backs that most defenses aren't going to want to hit for 4 quarters. Especially when most teams are carrying lighter LB's. Our RB are almost the size of today's backers.

Not bumpity bad ...

I'd love to see Blake Corum as a James White replacement. They're built extremely similarly - short, stout, low center of gravity, quick and shifty but not fast in a straight line (Corum might have a bit more burst than White, but they're not far apart). Both come from the Big Ten. Both have very good vision and utilize blocks well. Both have very good hands and are a receiving threat. White was taken in the 4th round. I think a 5th for Corum would be appropriate, maaaaybe a 4th.

I loved Evans and Carter as White replacements last year but he's another name to know.

I loved Evans and Carter as White replacements last year but he's another name to know.

It's hard to find good footage of Corum, particularly of him catching the ball, but he's a darn good one. I remember recently hearing a broadcaster mention the Patriots really get on their RBs to press their blocks, ride them until the last moment to pull in defenders and get leverage, and then hit it hard in the resulting open space. That is something Corum is exceptionally good at.

Quick, athletic, good hands, smart ... really checks all the boxes the Patriots look for in that role.

As if there was any doubt, he is a willing and able pass protector, too. The entire video below is a good showcase of Corum in general, but the snaps at 0:27 and 1:57 shows some darn good pass protection against blitzing LBs.

25:00 minute mark. Hannah blocks Randy White and Cunnigham goes all the way. I remember this like it was yesterday.

The 78 playoff loss to Houston was actually the last Patriot's home game I've attended. I remember being very sad and very cold on those aluminum benches...

Sorry, I know this thread is about Rham, but more Corum love (I'll take future posts over to the draft subforum).

This type of pass blocking will get bloodflow towards Belichick's midsection. This is as good as it gets. They slide the OL to the left, Indiana brings two from the right. Corum is responsible for blocking two guys. He works inside out, puts the guy inside on his butt, and then is able to peel off and make some effort to disrupt the guy coming from outside. Darn impressive stuff.

The video below is timestamped for that specific play.

The 78 playoff loss to Houston was actually the last Patriot's home game I've attended. I remember being very sad and very cold on those aluminum benches...
I went to that Houston game also. Very disappointing.

I thought it had been a long time for me... The last home game I had attended before the Cowboys game in 2019 was on my birthday in 1991 vs the Jesters... Not a great day then either... Trevor ****ing Matich...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back