PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rhamondre, not Mac. Not a nickname thing.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I don't care what we're calling him, this guy just seems to have "it."

Duh, they don't play the same position, it's not zero sum, la la la I get it. I just have this feeling that despite the jam-packed committee he comes into, unless he fumbles, Rham is going to break out and turn into a true no. 1 (despite our preference for roleplayers, and despite how extra our backfield is, as the kids would say I think but I'm not sure.)

I think tempering our reMACtions is all good and well. See what I did there. I also think it's irrational to be this high on the guy.

Howsomever...

Does anybody else have that "this guy is going to be special" feeling about Rhamondre?

Or am I just labor-day-bored-&-irrational?

He defintely has a chance to do something with his opportunity as long as he holds onto the ball and follows all the team rules to stay out of Bills dog house.

Was always picking him in the last round of mock drafts but I think he is getting some run now. Seen him going in the last 4 rounds lately. Could be a steal.

Its a question of how many touches he gets over the other 3 quality backs. He's so strong I like to see him blocking for Taylor out of the backfield.

Last edited:
Its impossible to not think of Mac first, but if it wasnt for the "1st Round QB" status and TC, Rha would be on top of my watch list. The way he cuts and shifts is crazy for a guy his size.

Sometimes he looks like Blount, sometimes like Dion Lewis. Thats a stupid combination

Its a question how many touches he gets over the other 3 quality backs. He's so strong I like to see him blocking for Taylor out of the backfield.
I guesssss... I just almost feel like they'll keep trying to use him that way, we'll see him reel off some big gains on some little "oh look first back through got the ball" plays, he'll actually make some noise in the passing game, he'll see short yardage work that turns into longer yardage work. Like he'll keep outperforming. That said, we're loaded. If it's Taylor or Harris or all 3, fine... I've just got that feeling. (Maybe I've got that "god this guy looks good vs. 2s and 3s feeling.)

These other guys coming in and doing a nickname thing on a not-a-nickname thread, are they trolling me you think? Or just thick?

Its impossible to not think of Mac first, but if it wasnt for the "1st Round QB" status and TC, Rha would be on top of my watch list. The way he cuts and shifts is crazy for a guy his size.

Sometimes he looks like Blount, sometimes like Dion Lewis. Thats a stupid combination
Usually you think of thunder and lightning being 2 guys.

Rham looks like a well rounded runner. His 90 yard rush contradicted one of his big "cons"on his draft scouting reports.

The problem is that one of his other cons was pass protection. He'll need to do that, as well as catch passes in order to see the field more.

RHAM. Trucking people like two ****heads with instruments just entered his pen.

Taz

Looney Tunes Attack GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

okay fine, to indulge the nickname tangent that the thread is not about, I'm calling him Dre

Yo Dre turn it up.

Let's be honest here. The REAL reason we want to give this guy a nickname is so we don't have to type and misspell "Rhamondre" all the time. ;)
I do NOT want a damn nickname for him, that'll come. I'm just saying, I have the feeling he's something different/more. I could be wrong :D

Rham(s)
Rhamondre (S)tevenson

Don't think this guy takes long to take over from Harris. His talent is immense.

Don't think this guy takes long to take over from Harris. His talent is immense.
Immense talent requires a nickname, so we have something better to call him than “this guy”.

how about just ‘Mon?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back