PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what do we do for fun? Watch "Simple Jack" clips?
upload_2016-12-27_12-23-44.png
upload_2016-12-27_12-24-54.png

This is the reason the AFCE has not had a team be a long term rival to the Patriots.

They get 2nd place at best. Build to beat the Pats. Fail to do it and then they are built incorrectly to beat other teams.

Brady/BB have literally beat the fight out of the other AFCE teams over the years and for all the CBs/DEs they pick up to desperately try to stop Brady and win the AFCE it just doesn't work and suddenly they are facing bad match ups trying to win a wildcard slot against run oriented teams or defense first teams.

Players don't want to go there, coaches don't want to go there, top GMs don't want to go there to take over an operation that has been so demoralized and now needs a full tune up as well as at the same time compete with the Patriots.

In two years....

shutterstock_133313075.jpg
?
I was thinking more like this.
Walrus-Kerrie_Best.jpg

Love this!

Please go back to the Jets!! And bring that mongoloid brother with you.

How many head coach have the Bills gone through?

This is an unfortunate occurrence. The Bills have some legitimate talent on their team. What has always been holding them back has been the coaches. The last really good one they have had was Marv Levy.

My great fear is having the Bills (or the Dolphins) gain a legitimate coaching staff to go with their team's talent. If that happens, then those twice-annual AFCE dog fights might turn into cage matches.

wow and they are gonna bench tyrod taylor for the last game.

talk about shooting yourself in the rex ryan's favorite body part.

the benching could be because taylor has a ginormous injury guarantee for 2017.

Most horrible news I've heard all week.

Patricia is their top choice.
Lets hope he doesnt stay in divison.
But I have a feeling he doesnt care about coaching across BB and being the mind he is may even prefer it.

I think it's time for Rex to hang them up (as a head coach). But I wouldn't be surprised if someone hires him as a defensive coordinator. THOUGH, there are TWO fascinating possibilities, it would be AMAZING if the the Jets rehire Rex as their head coach, OR, Imagine Belichick hires Rex as a DC IF Patricia leaves.

Probably stated in jest but BB would never hire an incompetent, INCONSISTENT guy as DC. Ryan's Ds are all over the place, either smothering QBs or giving up big plays getting blown out.
His approach is anathema to Bill's approach. BB does not go for all in, risky defensive play time & again.

Ryan is a crappy DC for any team especially once the novelty wears off.

And don't let Rob hit you in ya azz on way out!

Patricia is their top choice.
Lets hope he doesnt stay in divison.
But I have a feeling he doesnt care about coaching across BB and being the mind he is may even prefer it.
Patricia is too smart to try that.

These young coordinators Josh and Patricia... should really just stick it out the next couple years. Why are they in a rush to take a HC job? Stay with BB until Brady retires at least.

I heard Rex is planning to start a womens' foot massage chain that will also feature gourmet toe jam and fromunder cheese products....

Patricia is too smart to try that.

These young coordinators Josh and Patricia... should really just stick it out the next couple years. Why are they in a rush to take a HC job? Stay with BB until Brady retires at least.

This is as good a spot as any to air a beef I have with the NFL*.

Coaches should have the ability to get hired by other teams as promotions, but why should the hiring team get the coaches for free?

Bad teams get rewarded by getting first choice of the incoming college talent, while at the same time getting to keep their coaches.

Top teams like the Pats develop coaches so that they become sought after, and as a result they get poached and they have to start over developing their replacements.

BB doesn't generally bring in retreads, he develops his own coaching talent as well as players. The Pats should be rewarded for their efforts in supplying the NFL* with top coaching talent, but I guess in a league where the Pats get their top draft picks stolen to give other teams a competitive advantage, we can't expect them to do the right thing by the coaches either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back