PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Burkhead re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely better value than Lewis. Lets hope he can stay healthy and deliver on his potential..
In 2021 he will get a deal equivalent to what Lewis just got.

Definitely better value than Lewis.

It's a smaller contract for a lesser RB. How is that "definitely better value"?

It's a smaller contract for a lesser RB. How is that "definitely better value"?

Compare the contracts and you will see. Burkhead will be as impactful as Lewis if he stays healthy. Just in different ways.

Compare the contracts and you will see. Burkhead will be as impactful as Lewis if he stays healthy. Just in different ways.

Agree that this contract is a better value, disagree that Burkhead is as impact full as Lewis when healthy. I really wouldn't consider him above average at anything besides receiving. Dion is above average at everything.

Burkhead is nothing more than a situational player and has shown nothing where he can be the lead RB like Lewis. You guys act like every Patriot FA is a pro bowler and a must keep. Burkhead had some TDs rushing from the goal line and a pass here or there. Big deal.

Burkhead had 4 rushes for 23 yards and caught 1 pass for 46 yards in 3 post season games.

Lewis touched the ball 13 times a game last year. Burkhead was hurt and not fully back in the playoffs.

Lewis > Burkhead....but for those touches and with the Pats cap situation, I'll take this contract and Burkhead over Lewis's contract.

Agree that this contract is a better value, disagree that Burkhead is as impact full as Lewis when healthy. I really wouldn't consider him above average at anything besides receiving. Dion is above average at everything.

I think you are underestimating Burkhead. But whatever.. we will see in fall..

Unless you think Burkhead is going to become the team's primary slot receiver because Edelman goes down again, there's no way in hell he's going to be as impactful as Lewis, as any look at the team's W-L record when Lewis played can confirm.

Why do we have to go through this crap with people overrating the Patriots moves and underrating the losses every freakin' year?

I’d rather have Dion at 5 million per year than Brickhead at 3.3 million per year.

But I haven’t won 7 Super Bowls so what do I know.

Lewis touched the ball 13 times a game last year. Burkhead was hurt and not fully back in the playoffs.

Lewis > Burkhead....but for those touches and with the Pats cap situation, I'll take this contract and Burkhead over Lewis's contract.

Burkhead is a poor imitation of Danny Woodhead. A lot of promise and hope.

Give me Woodhead every day of the year.

Cool. I was worried we might not have enough mediocre running backs next season.

Not a bad deal, less than James White and about the same average as Gilislee.

Belichick has gone senile. It happened to Al Davis too.

5 mil for Gilleslie and now 5 mil for this guy. If Burkhead has 20 TDs this season - which he never will - that would be $250,000 + per TD.

Belichick has gone senile. It happened to Al Davis too.

5 mil for Gilleslie and now 5 mil for this guy. If Burkhead has 20 TDs this season - which he never will - that would be $250,000 + per TD.

Gilislee isn't costing us $5 mill, and if he gets cut this year doesn't cost us a thing.

Mike Gillislee signed a 2 year, $6,400,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including $1,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,200,000. In 2018, Gillislee will earn a base salary of $1,900,000 and a roster bonus of $281,250, while carrying a cap hit of $2,181,250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes