PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respectfully request with hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats2000

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I would respectfully request that anyone which posts a hyperlink in this format: Hyperlink

Let us know if that link is heading to ESPN, so we don't accidentally click and head over to that trash of an organization and accidentally give them traffic. Thanks.

Serenity now

I would respectfully request that anyone which posts a hyperlink in this format: Hyperlink

Let us know if that link is heading to ESPN, so we don't accidentally click and head over to that trash of an organization and accidentally give them traffic. Thanks.

I agree with your sentiment. But there's an easier way to accomplish what you want. Just hover your pointer over the link, and the url will appear at the bottom of your browser. That way you'll know if its an ESPN link without clicking it, and you can proceed to berate the OP.

I agree with your sentiment. But there's an easier way to accomplish what you want. Just hover your pointer over the link, and the url will appear at the bottom of your browser. That way you'll know if its an ESPN link without clicking it, and you can proceed to berate the OP.

and a berating they shall have!

Sorry, but I don't have enough time to address your delicate sensibilities.

baby-fist.jpg

Sorry, but I don't have enough time to address your delicate sensibilities.

And I don't have time to read **** from ESPN, which should be on everyone's hit list here. So...do whatever you like

Can't you just hover over the link and see the url?

And I don't have time to read **** from ESPN, which should be on everyone's hit list here. So...do whatever you like
There's a back arrow on the top left of your browser. Learn how to use it.
Personally, I find that every news/sports site has biases and that an informed reader can wade through the BS to find some interesting material. I recognize it's an individual preference.

There's a back arrow on the top left of your browser. Learn how to use it.
Personally, I find that every news/sports site has biases and that an informed reader can wade through the BS to find some interesting material. I recognize it's an individual preference.
I'm not sure if you are a young 'un or what. For those that have read this before (possibly including you) I apologize.
Back in the day (around 2003) there was a site called CBSsportsline .com They had a writer named Pete Prisco who wrote articles with titles like "TOM BRADY IS JUST A GAME MANAGER UNLIKE THE GOD-LIKE PEYTON MANNING." He did it on purpose. He knew he'd get 1,000 clicks from angry Patriot fans. Today at CBS .com (broken up to avoid linking, btw) he brags about that.
98% of crap people post of the "Can you believe so and so said whatever" is trawling for clicks like that. E!SPN is either that or actually believes their own crap. I, and many others, refuse to make the next Prisco successful.

I'm not sure if you are a young 'un or what. For those that have read this before (possibly including you) I apologize.
Back in the day (around 2003) there was a site called CBSsportsline .com They had a writer named Pete Prisco who wrote articles with titles like "TOM BRADY IS JUST A GAME MANAGER UNLIKE THE GOD-LIKE PEYTON MANNING." He did it on purpose. He knew he'd get 1,000 clicks from angry Patriot fans. Today at CBS .com (broken up to avoid linking, btw) he brags about that.
98% of crap people post of the "Can you believe so and so said whatever" is trawling for clicks like that. E!SPN is either that or actually believes their own crap. I, and many others, refuse to make the next Prisco successful.

I will read pretty much any Patriots article good,bad or insane. And if its newsworthy again good,bad or insane I am not going to go out my way to make it so people who don't like ESPN not click on the article. It's not my responsibility to help you avoid certain websites. If you don't like these websites use a web blocker and block all websites you don't want to to give clicks.

Nah, I'm a retired geezer.
I agree there's a lot of crap out there. But also some good stuff. You learn how to discriminate and push the "next" button. I don't rely on anyone else to do that for me and I'm not particularly interested in doing it for anyone else.

I will read pretty much any Patriots article good,bad or insane. And if its newsworthy again good,bad or insane I am not going to go out my way to make it so people who don't like ESPN not click on the article. It's my responsibility to help you avoid certain websites. If you don't like these websites use a web blocker and block all websites you don't want to to give clicks.
Missing "not" :)

You have a greatly exaggerated sense of your own importance to ESPN's business.

You have a greatly exaggerated sense of your own importance to ESPN's business.

You have greatly exaggerated how much I care about what you have to say...

I will read pretty much any Patriots article good,bad or insane. And if its newsworthy again good,bad or insane I am not going to go out my way to make it so people who don't like ESPN not click on the article. It's not my responsibility to help you avoid certain websites. If you don't like these websites use a web blocker and block all websites you don't want to to give clicks.

ESPN has repeatedly taken every opportunity to besmirch and otherwise ruin the best Dynasty football has probably ever seen. By going to their site, and any Patriot fan going to their site, you are helping to add revenue simply by increasing their visits and then they can in turn sell that increase to their advertisers. As Patriots fans, it would be a good idea to completely avoid ESPN like the plague, as that will help aid their demise. Think about all the rabid sports fans in New England, and around the country that if they just stopped going to ESPN and what that would mean to their revenue. Boycotting organizations that do ****ty things is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down