PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Request info about attending Bills game in Foxboro

DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, take the train. It is unreliable, especially this time of year, and could arrive late. I'm speaking from experience. Rent a car and park at a private lot north or south of the stadium at least two hours before kickoff, tailgate or find a bar/restaurant in Patriot Place to hang out.

I took the train this year for the Browns game and it was just fine.

Yes, it's been known to arrive late, but that seems rare at the moment. Admittedly, the Browns was a 1 p.m. game and the stadium was far from packed but we were there in time to drop $14 a cup on Bud Light and as much again on a sandwich. The train is very slow, and it's hard to get a seat on the way back even if you go directly to the train after the game ends (which you must). But it's pretty well marshalled and people are friendly (the more so if the Pats win!). The new thing compared with previous years is that you can (have to) buy your ticket on-line and put it on the phone.

Bottom line. The train is fine if you know what to expect. If you want to stay in Boston and enjoy the city, take it by all means, but don't think to combine that with Patriots Place or tailgating.

I took the train this year for the Browns game and it was just fine.

Yes, it's been known to arrive late, but that seems rare at the moment. Admittedly, the Browns was a 1 p.m. game and the stadium was far from packed but we were there in time to drop $14 a cup on Bud Light and as much again on a sandwich. The train is very slow, and it's hard to get a seat on the way back even if you go directly to the train after the game ends (which you must). But it's pretty well marshalled and people are friendly (the more so if the Pats win!). The new thing compared with previous years is that you can (have to) buy your ticket on-line and put it on the phone.

Bottom line. The train is fine if you know what to expect. If you want to stay in Boston and enjoy the city, take it by all means, but don't think to combine that with Patriots Place or tailgating.

I'm sure the train is sometimes fine but also is sometimes late. It's the sometimes late that can wreck a person's one-time experience. Missing the first seven minutes of the first quarter years ago was enough for me to vow never again. That was a December game; my understanding is the train's tardiness occurs largely late in the season for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I'm sure the train is sometimes fine but also is sometimes late. It's the sometimes late that can wreck a person's one-time experience. Missing the first seven minutes of the first quarter years ago was enough for me to vow never again. That was a December game; my understanding is the train's tardiness occurs largely late in the season for whatever reason.

People say it's got better, but I agree that the lateness is pretty inexcusable. I mean, how hard is it to get a train thirty miles in two hours?

People say it's got better, but I agree that the lateness is pretty inexcusable. I mean, how hard is it to get a train thirty miles in two hours?

I'm guessing because they actually do it only eight times a year. It's not a regularly scheduled route that probably requires extra staffing and knowing what's required to get there.

I'm guessing because they actually do it only eight times a year. It's not a regularly scheduled route that probably requires extra staffing and knowing what's required to get there.

Oh, there's all sorts of reasons/excuses, but the train is packed and it's not cheap, so you owe it to your customers to get it running at least predictably, I think. But, as I say, last time it was, at least, slow and steady and we got in to the stadium in reasonable time, even allowing for how long it takes to climb up to the 300s!

Are you saying they might take a wrong turn and get lost?

The NFL knows the Bills suck and aren't worth a prime time game lmao
They expect the Panthers to maul them while the Pats roll Indy and make the Patriots-Bills game irrelevant

Oh, there's all sorts of reasons/excuses, but the train is packed and it's not cheap, so you owe it to your customers to get it running at least predictably, I think. But, as I say, last time it was, at least, slow and steady and we got in to the stadium in reasonable time, even allowing for how long it takes to climb up to the 300s!
I don’t have to worry about the train, just need to drive from the Hilton parking lot to the stadium parking lot. I’ll do that early, maybe before breakfast, but will still need to allow enough time to clear the gate and climb to my seat. How long does it usually take to get through the gate? Say, from leaving your car or crossing route 1 to being inside the gate ready to start climbing?

I don’t have to worry about the train, just need to drive from the Hilton parking lot to the stadium parking lot. I’ll do that early, maybe before breakfast, but will still need to allow enough time to clear the gate and climb to my seat. How long does it usually take to get through the gate? Say, from leaving your car or crossing route 1 to being inside the gate ready to start climbing?
I always allow an hour but I like to grab a beer and get settled in my seat well before the kickoff.

Go at least an hour before kick-off. It has been slow-going getting through the gates this year. There are never enough gates to begin with, and complications with a lot of folks having trouble with etickets slows things down even more.

It's a fecking s show to get into that GD stadium. Pahk early. Check out Patriot Place then get in line AT LEAST by noon. I would shoot for 11:30.
You can access the lower bowl early and check out warm ups etc. The lighthouse end. Take a couple photos etc

It is a hike. There are elevators if the knee is acting up. Haven't used them in years and I'm not even sure they go all the way up. But will help.

Don't drink too much $14 bud light. The bathroom lines up top are ridiculous. You will miss part of the game.

Have fun. This is gonna be another big home game.

It's a fecking s show to get into that GD stadium. Pahk early. Check out Patriot Place then get in line AT LEAST by noon. I would shoot for 11:30.
You can access the lower bowl early and check out warm ups etc. The lighthouse end. Take a couple photos etc

It is a hike. There are elevators if the knee is acting up. Haven't used them in years and I'm not even sure they go all the way up. But will help.

Don't drink too much $14 bud light. The bathroom lines up top are ridiculous. You will miss part of the game.

Have fun. This is gonna be another big home game.
Thanks for reminding me of warmups. Good reason to be in place early. I’m going to try to carry a camera with a decent zoom lens so hopefully I can get some decent photos. My seat is right under the lighthouse, so won’t need elevators to the top, looks equidistant from the ramps though. And my knee should be good to start, expect it’ll be nice and stiff after a few hours in the cold so getting out may not be fun,

thanks again to everybody for all the great advice!

Thanks for reminding me of warmups. Good reason to be in place early. I’m going to try to carry a camera with a decent zoom lens so hopefully I can get some decent photos. My seat is right under the lighthouse, so won’t need elevators to the top, looks equidistant from the ramps though. And my knee should be good to start, expect it’ll be nice and stiff after a few hours in the cold so getting out may not be fun,

thanks again to everybody for all the great advice!

If it's cold, dress warm. The wind howls through that opening next to the lighthouse. I once sat up high in section 201 at a cold winter night game and nearly got frostbite. :)

Go at least an hour before kick-off. It has been slow-going getting through the gates this year. There are never enough gates to begin with, and complications with a lot of folks having trouble with etickets slows things down even more.
The titans game saw security completely changed, only a few people had to go through security. We walked right in. It was amazing

The titans game saw security completely changed, only a few people had to go through security. We walked right in. It was amazing
That's great - I hope they keep it that way!

If I was working security, NumbKuck would be sitting in a cell at Walpole...

That's great - I hope they keep it that way!
They kept it. Limiting factor on time from my car to my seat was my walking speed. Never had to slow down even for the ticket scan. Took approx 5 minutes total from car to seat, thanks to handicap hang tag getting me the second closest space to the BoA gate, and seat about five rows from top of section 142.

All in all a great experience, except the final score . Seat was really good:

0A1ABAE8-AD21-4612-A3AD-B23F7581D6AF.jpeg

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down