PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reporting for Pats offseason workouts: Cam Newton

This season can't get here any quicker. I'm going to absolutely love rereading all of these jackassey comments when Cam is ****ting on the NFL next year. Unfortunately he's going to be winning games for a bunch of undeserving cry baby ass Pats fans but I like Belichick so it'll still be worth it.

I don't understand your forum name.

"Fear Number 1"??

Enlarged prostate issues? Does it burn? Do you need a penis swab?

Have you checked out WebMD?

Last years Patriots weren’t an awful team. If you consider 7/9 awful you are spoiled. Plus a large part of them being 7/9 was the putrid qb play, from Cam, in the second 1/2 of the season.

I am still hopeful there were reasons, covid, injuries, lack of a real preseason, that caused Cam to play like that, and I am very hopeful he will be much better this season. But an average qb would have been above 500 last year.
The Patriots had an awful receiving corp, the starting tackle missed time, the best player on defense missed games, some really solid players opted out. The team wasn't that good. Tom Brady being amazing carried them into the playoffs in 2019 and then he couldn't do anything when they were there. Cam isn't Tom Brady and he couldn't do that.

The Patriots played a 1st place schedule with the worst Qb in the league for the second half of the season. They lost him for a game and practices for 2 weeks for covid. They still finished 7-9 and were a couple plays from being 9-7. They weren’t a great team, they weren’t a playoff team, they weren’t even a good team, they were more or less a 500 team. Not an awful team. They had to reset their salary numbers and did so, which allowed their spending spree this off season.

This is a really stupid comment.

Bill spent the money because he had the money to spend. He paid off the money they had been kicking down the road for years for Brady, and paid their qb next to nothing. They got rid of the dead money and had lots to spend. In the NFL you spend the money you have to make your team better. This year's team should be better than last years team. That doesn't mean that a 7-9 team which was 2 plays from being 9-7 was an awful awful team.

I think both statements can be true though. Yes, bill spent money because he had it. But the only reason he had to spend the money on free agents rather than his own guys is because of lack of talent on the team where he would use that money in extensions for his own guys. kraft said as much.

Why spend all that money on right ends and receivers if the guys you have are fine? Honestly, the Patriots going 7-9 last year was a miracle considering how they looked at times.

Teams with far better talent like Texans or atlanta had worse records. But that's on Bill getting them to be competitive imo.

"Fear Number 1"??

The forum needs a FearNo.2 for completeness' sake and to handle the "Dikembe"-style parody angle.

Btw @Tony2046 you are one of my forum heroes! :haha:

I think both statements can be true though. Yes, bill spent money because he had it. But the only reason he had to spend the money on free agents rather than his own guys is because of lack of talent on the team where he would use that money in extensions for his own guys. kraft said as much.
To which I have to ask, "So what?"

The Patriots played deep into January every year until 2019. They traded many picks for vets, they lost picks to the NYFL, they were at the bottom of the rounds every year. Whenever one of their picks even remotely shined, they were gobbled away on top-of-the-market deals.

So, yeah, their middle class was gone, their vets were aging. They spent money on FAs instead of on extending their own guys. What's the difference? I mean, maybe it's a little riskier, but it's hard to argue with the sudden talent infusion on the team. Does it really matter who drafted them?

Pats actually did retain a bunch of their FA's though... as they do often. Yes they lost a couple big ones to as usual. With what Thuney got paid, they made the right call there. Anyway, on topic.. I like Cam, I think he deserves a shot with a good team around him, and a full offseason under his belt. He's very likely going to be the starter week 1 for us imo.

In a podcast that newton did, he said that when he caught the virus and missed time, he came back and the terminology had advanced and he was behind and had to catch up.

how much did all that and abdominal injury mess him up? And if he is right from day one, will he play better?

In a podcast that newton did, he said that when he caught the virus and missed time, he came back and the terminology had advanced and he was behind and had to catch up.

how much did all that and abdominal injury mess him up? And if he is right from day one, will he play better?

I think he'll be better, and surprise people. I could certainly be wrong, but it'd be hard not to be better. It's a better team and I believe he showed enough flashes last year amidst the crap.

This is a really stupid comment.

Bill spent the money because he had the money to spend. He paid off the money they had been kicking down the road for years for Brady, and paid their qb next to nothing. They got rid of the dead money and had lots to spend. In the NFL you spend the money you have to make your team better. This year's team should be better than last years team. That doesn't mean that a 7-9 team which was 2 plays from being 9-7 was an awful awful team.

Their passing offense was Non-Existent, as was their defense vs the run (a problem which Bill STILL hasn't resolved) & their pass rush...They also had no business winning the Cardinals & the first Jete game either...

Their passing offense was Non-Existent, as was their defense vs the run (a problem which Bill STILL hasn't resolved) & their pass rush...They also had no business winning the Cardinals & the first Jete game either...
You don't think Judon, Godchaux, Anderson, Van Noy, and Hightower help their run defense? All five of those guys are powerful against the run.

The forum needs a FearNo.2 for completeness' sake and to handle the "Dikembe"-style parody angle.

Btw @Tony2046 you are one of my forum heroes! :haha:

During one of the greatest commencement speeches ever given, it was said that you have to look out for #1...But don't step in #2...

You don't think Judon, Godchaux, Anderson, Van Noy, and Hightower help their run defense? All five of those guys are powerful against the run.

Godsmack & Lanky Hank suck, especially for the obscene amount of money they were grotesquely over-paid...We needed to add a Beef Curtain this off-season, and Bill blew it.

Last edited:
Godsmack & Lanky Hank suck, especially for the obscene amount of money they were grotesquely over-paid...We needed to add a Beef Curtain this off-season, and Bill blew it.
Anderson's contract is incredibly reasonable. Godchaux seemed like a bit of an overpay to me, but I haven't studied the guy and hardly knew who he was. I would think people like David Andrews and Shaq Mason can offer more valuable information.

Other than not being able to throw, having terrible pocket awareness, and coming up short/fumbling on huge running plays at the end of games, I actually like the guy.

And somehow that is not sarcastic.

Other than not being able to throw, having terrible pocket awareness, and coming up short/fumbling on huge running plays at the end of games, I actually like the guy.

And somehow that is not sarcastic.

If he were a comedy act, he would be gold, I tell ya...

"Fear Number 1"??

27c02174-dc14-4d17-9792-781ec5066025_text.gif

Besides newton and stidham, do we know if any other players are at voluntary camp?

all the soon to be second year guys should be there. They were miserable to watch last year.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back