PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reporting for Pats offseason workouts: Cam Newton

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
“That’s the thing: They’ve been sleeping on Boogie in 2020".

Ok

Last years Patriots weren’t an awful team. If you consider 7/9 awful you are spoiled. Plus a large part of them being 7/9 was the putrid qb play, from Cam, in the second 1/2 of the season.

I am still hopeful there were reasons, covid, injuries, lack of a real preseason, that caused Cam to play like that, and I am very hopeful he will be much better this season. But an average qb would have been above 500 last year.

Won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but it's a start to the process. Better there than not.

This season can't get here any quicker. I'm going to absolutely love rereading all of these jackassey comments when Cam is ****ting on the NFL next year. Unfortunately he's going to be winning games for a bunch of undeserving cry baby ass Pats fans but I like Belichick so it'll still be worth it.

Last years Patriots weren’t an awful team. If you consider 7/9 awful you are spoiled. Plus a large part of them being 7/9 was the putrid qb play, from Cam, in the second 1/2 of the season.

I am still hopeful there were reasons, covid, injuries, lack of a real preseason, that caused Cam to play like that, and I am very hopeful he will be much better this season. But an average qb would have been above 500 last year.
Yeah they were awful. The defense was lousy and the QBs were unwatchable.

Bills offseason spending disagrees that last year's patriots weren't an awful team talent wise.

They may have over performed due to coaching. But you don't go spend the money Bill did unless he thought the team was awful

View attachment 32238

...well... for now anyway... :)
can’t question the guy’s work ethic and desire to play....he just doesn’t have the skills and ability to play the position well anymore....!

This season can't get here any quicker. I'm going to absolutely love rereading all of these jackassey comments when Cam is ****ting on the NFL next year. Unfortunately he's going to be winning games for a bunch of undeserving cry baby ass Pats fans but I like Belichick so it'll still be worth it.
It's 50/50 that he is even on the roster opening day.

Bills offseason spending disagrees that last year's patriots weren't an awful team talent wise.

They may have over performed due to coaching. But you don't go spend the money Bill did unless he thought the team was awful
This is a really stupid comment.

Bill spent the money because he had the money to spend. He paid off the money they had been kicking down the road for years for Brady, and paid their qb next to nothing. They got rid of the dead money and had lots to spend. In the NFL you spend the money you have to make your team better. This year's team should be better than last years team. That doesn't mean that a 7-9 team which was 2 plays from being 9-7 was an awful awful team.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back