PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Some Patriots are feeling under the weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, november seems to be a stretch.....we will be lucky to see another game

Everyone is aware of the risks they are taking. No one is being forced to participate. Mamy employees in many companies have contracted COVID. Why would you think the league is magic and can prevent it?
? They can prevent it, no magic necessary. Just minimal common sense, which is lacking these days for sure.

For starters, not rushing to play a game monday when a team has had an outbreak, just spitballing here

Thought from the onset that there would be no NFL season this year, given the nature of the game. Now 4 games in not sure how long this season will last..

Was listening to Sportstalk yesterday and they were trying to play the "blame game" , turned it off quickly. Not everything is a conspiracy theory, COVID-19 spreads easily... tired of folks who think they are experts..

Did Korea go full ****** crybaby like America did, and blame China, or did they actually get off their asses and implement a very efficient virus containment policy right away? Asking for a friend.
“Blame China?” Where did this virus originate from? Remind me again. Who allowed their citizens to hop on planes and effectively spread this around the world when they had the first crack at it? Refresh my memory please. Who tried to keep it quiet instead of trying to stamp it out when they had the ability to literally weld their citizens doors shut and starve them out until it “passed?” When did South Korea have to be concerned with the sovereign rights of the states within their territory? Could you Google that one for me? How are the wonderful European countries, whose tires you were pumping for the wonderful way they were dealing with the vicious virus that north of 98% of people make a full recovery from, doing right now? Want to look that one up for us?

This is also that moment when one should realize they’ve thrown more verbal bouquets and made more excuses for China than their own country. China. A country well known for its human rights abuses which may inherently give it an advantage on containment (that’s IF you believe their numbers). I also have to laugh at the logical inconsistency. In one breath, Trump is the root of all evil. In the next breath, you guys want him to act unilaterally and wipe his ass with the Constitution and states rights because of a virus with a greater than 98% rate of recovery. Make up your mind. Is he a terrible individual who should not be trusted or is he trustworthy enough to act unilaterally?

“Blame China?” Where did this virus originate from? Remind me again. Who allowed their citizens to hop on planes and effectively spread this around the world when they had the first crack at it? Refresh my memory please. Who tried to keep it quiet instead of trying to stamp it out when they had the ability to literally weld their citizens doors shut and starve them out until it “passed?” When did South Korea have to be concerned with the sovereign rights of the states within their territory? Could you Google that one for me? How are the wonderful European countries, whose tires you were pumping for the wonderful way they were dealing with the vicious virus that north of 98% of people make a full recovery from, doing right now? Want to look that one up for us?

This is also that moment when one should realize they’ve thrown more verbal bouquets and made more excuses for China than their own country. China. A country well known for its human rights abuses which may inherently give it an advantage on containment (that’s IF you believe their numbers). I also have to laugh at the logical inconsistency. In one breath, Trump is the root of all evil. In the next breath, you guys want him to act unilaterally and wipe his ass with the Constitution and states rights because of a virus with a greater than 98% rate of recovery. Make up your mind. Is he a terrible individual who should not be trusted or is he trustworthy enough to act unilaterally?

Korea is much closer to China than we are. They were able to deal with it pretty efficiently. End of story.

You and I both know that trump ****ed it up pretty badly. That's all there is to it.

Korea is much closer to China than we are. They were able to deal with it pretty efficiently. End of story.

You and I both know that trump ****ed it up pretty badly. That's all there is to it.
In other words, you don’t have a counter argument to any of the questions and issues I just raised. Outside of Korea’s physical distance to China which doesn’t mean jack **** in the age of globalism and the air plane. So I can assume that you, as a liberal, are okay with Trump and the White House acting unilaterally as it would make you feel more secure. This would then logically eliminate any possibility of you thinking that he’s the root of all evil/a terrible human being/whatever you want to call it, because how could you want such a person to act unilaterally?

I don't have a dog in the Pub-Dem ********, but you're spot on about China. If it wasn't for their money, they wouldn't be getting a pass from the entire world.

Oh hey look at that, a Patsfans thread going off the rails. In other news, CoVID has struck the country and water is wet.

I don't have a dog in the Pub-Dem ********, but you're spot on about China. If it wasn't for their money, they wouldn't be getting a pass from the entire world.
Which, ironically, comes from elements of adopting a free market economy in response to forecasted economic doom in the 70s because, surprise, surprise, communism was failing once again. And we helped them achieve that, unfortunately.

In other words, you don’t have a counter argument to any of the questions and issues I just raised. Outside of Korea’s physical distance to China which doesn’t mean jack **** in the age of globalism and the air plane. So I can assume that you, as a liberal, are okay with Trump and the White House acting unilaterally as it would make you feel more secure. This would then logically eliminate any possibility of you thinking that he’s the root of all evil/a terrible human being/whatever you want to call it, because how could you want such a person to act unilaterally?

What counterargument, Kontra? The United States of America leads the world in numbers of dead and numbers of confirmed cases.

There wasn't any leadership on the national level, whatsoever.

Every state was left to do what they saw fit.

This argument was DOA.

What counterargument, Kontra? The United States of America leads the world in numbers of dead and numbers of confirmed cases.

This argument was DOA.
That’s how it works, bro. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. You would rather the White House, and more specifically 45, act unilaterally?

And no, the argument isn’t DOA. You just wish it was because it was haymaker. Point blank, everything I brought up in my OP was an actual fact... right down to them welding their citizens’ doors shut. If it wasn’t for China, where the virus originated from, the world would not be in this mess.

delete

Last edited:

This argument was DOA.
[/QUOT

Just stop man, every state did what they saw fit wasn’t from a lack of leadership. If it weren’t for trump closing down borders from China the birthplace of the virus this thing would of been a lot worse.

And the only reason we have more cases is cause we’ve tested a heck of a lot more than any other country.

That’s how it works, bro. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. You would rather the White House, and more specifically 45, act unilaterally?

And no, the argument isn’t DOA. You just wish it was because it was haymaker. Point blank, everything I brought up in my OP was an actual fact... right down to them welding their citizens’ doors shut. If it wasn’t for China, where the virus originated from, the world would not be in this mess.
A. The imPOTUS has acted unilaterally whenever it pleased him. Think wall.
B. I’d rather the WH and 45 not have acted unilaterally to seize PPE, overrule CDC experts on advice, conceal what they knew at the outset of the pandemic, etc.

In a national emergency, the federal government, and the president has a long history of acting unilaterally, from Lincoln to Roosevelt, to Truman, etc. etc. trump just sat there with his thumbs up his ass while we ran out of n95 masks, and 9 months later, shelves are still empty.

Countries like S. Korea didn't waste their time pointing finger and crying foul. They got off their asses. This country didn't.

Every thread that mentions covid instantly turns political.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back