PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots To Release Stephen Gostkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of odds?
I’d say maybe 70-30 (Hoyer stays v JE stays). I think they both stay... but I’d guess Hoyer has a better chance to stick between the two.

Surprised it took this long. Maybe they had hope they'd figure out a restructure and he finally said no. Another great Patriot moving on.

There was no rush. Belichick is making transactions when he needs the cap space (as was the case with harmon). The open question is how many other such decisions have already been made.

Okay he doesn't even save them that much money, not even $1m in cap space returned.

Maybe take that $ and get a couple more special teamers?

The guy was struggling a bit on XPs, wasn't he? Maybe Bill wanted someone more consistent and younger...who knows.

Bring Adam back!!
That's not happening (I know you kid) but his son is K who is eligible to be drafted.

I thought this move be coming (Gost gone that is) so I had started a "drafting a PK" thread earlier today. A kid I had mentioned was Dominik Eberle.

Last edited:
Go to the Bucs Gost, they need a good kicker!!!!

Called this when he got injured. I'm going to have myself a cookie now.

He's made some good kicks over the years, but I'm not going to miss his random wide rights/lefts at the absolute worst times.
Don't eat the whole box. It was pretty obvious to most that this was likely to happen, considering the injury and cap hit and his drop in production.

The kicking football did a lot for that...

I remember when Vinateri couldn’t kick a 50 yard field goal and 10 years later he was kicking 50+.

Let’s not forget Belichick decided to go for a 4th & 13 instead of letting Ghost kick a 48 yard field bowl in the 2007 seasons Super Bowl.

The kicking football did a lot for that...

I remember when Vinateri couldn’t kick a 50 yard field goal and 10 years later he was kicking 50+.

Let’s not forget Belichick decided to go for a 4th & 13 instead of letting Ghost kick a 48 yard field bowl in the 2007 seasons Super Bowl.
Bill has made more than one mistake.

Bill has made more than one mistake.

Your right, but let’s get rid of the bad contracts this year & absorb the dead money hit this year.

Then we will have a ton of money to spend in 2021.

Don't eat the whole box. It was pretty obvious to most that this was likely to happen, considering the injury and cap hit and his drop in production.
Don’t know about that. People on here were trashing the idea of releasing him.

Much of this dead money did help finance the rosters that won shiny trophies in recent years.
He’s great, but the plan for this year has not worked out well. Unless the season is cancelled of course.

Bill was being stubborn and should’ve attempted the damn field goal. They were clearly irritated by the way the Giants were playing them.

I really contemplated breaking my TV when history repeated itself in Denver 2015 when they kept going for it on 4th down.

Don't forget the wild card in the deck, Josh Gable. He is worth at least a look-see.

And the FA signings are restricted by available cap. Let’s see who our TE is.

5635.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back