PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots looked into trade for Case Keenum

If Mac goes down our backup is a guy who has never played in an NFL game and just came to our team last week.

Or maybe bill feels with the toughest schedule we are screwed either way if Mac goes down

If Mac goes down our backup is a guy who has never played in an NFL game and just came to our team last week.

Or maybe bill feels with the toughest schedule we are screwed either way if Mac goes down
You don't think zappe will be elevated?

You don't think zappe will be elevated?

No.

Do you think Bill is done with him because how many weeks can you elevate a QB to #2 before someone grabs him?

No.

Do you think Bill is done with him because how many weeks can you elevate a QB to #2 before someone grabs him?
I think it’s 3 or 4 times and he can be protected on the practice squad.

I think it’s 3 or 4 times and he can be protected on the practice squad.

A player can be elevated (I think) 3 times, but once he's sent back to the squad he is unprotected.

A player can be elevated (I think) 3 times, but once he's sent back to the squad he is unprotected.
Yeah, by then they'd have to decide whether to keep him on the 53 or expose him.

The NFL appears to have revised its emergency quarterback rule. The original language in Bylaw Proposal 1A, passed by the owners last May, did not specify the No. 2 QB had to be on the 53-man roster. Only that the top two QBs were on the game-day roster. https://nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-pass-proposal-to-allow-teams-to-have-third-qb-active-on-game-days-wit
Bill already taking advantage of this rule. Nice!

I really wish we got Keenum. He has proven he can win games when called upon.

Yeah, by then they'd have to decide whether to keep him on the 53 or expose him.

Roster spots are different on the original cut down date than after week 1. Teams are protecting their younger players and then guys get hurt.

There's no way IMO that Zappe survives on the practice squad long if Bill is telling the league that he still trusts him to be the backup.

Corral or there will be a trade.
if Mac goes down we are running a shell of a our offense,
My guess is Zappe couldn’t learn the nuances of Obrein offense so I’m Bobs mind Zappe can’t play for him.

if Mac goes down we are running a shell of a our offense,

The question is what is worse? Seriously putting a load on Mac If David Andrews goes down or elevate a backup who is so lost the team cut him after a productive rookie season???

Not surprising. I think plan A was Zappe wins the job outright. Plan B became get a veteran if there's a reasonable one available. Now Plan C is elevate Zappe for the maximum three weeks as the backup, and then see where Corral and him are at. If Zappe takes the "demotion" as motivation and looks good in practice, then they move him to the 53 and we're back to Plan A. If he doesn't, hopefully Corral is up to speed by then and he's your QB2 for 2023.

Corral or there will be a trade.
Then there was no point in signing Zappe back on the team.

Furthermore, Zappe didnt play with the 1st string OL. BB is going to have a look at Zappe with the starters before making any decision.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back