PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots interested in trading for TE Hayden Hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread beats all the Brady threads....

It moves the needle for me....

hasn't Bruce Arians said they weren't interested in moving OJ Howard? They wouldn't move him last year... and I'd bet a dozen donuts that BB offered them the 2 he sent to Atlanta for Sanu...

As for Hurst ... Maybe a three... would rather give up something like a 4 instead of a three ... he really hasn't done much to make me want to over pay for him just out of desperation...

They might as get something before he hits free agency. They think at utilizing tight ends. Last year of contract.

Have to take into account of things here. Tampa hasn’t utilized Howard like the guy in college. Last year of his contract. The guy might stand to lose a lot of money once he hits free agency with a lousy year and an unknown QB at the moment. Nobody is gonna give tampa a number 2 for howard.

His stats aren't as good as I remembered. Must be the Bruce Arians effect. No idea why that man hates tight ends so much.

Lol Baltimore isn’t trading him here don’t even know why we called, go to Tampa and get Brate or howard

They might as get something before he hits free agency. They think at utilizing tight ends. Last year of contract.
He has a fifth year option iirc... Was a first round pick

Would be a great trade, but zero chance the Ravens help out the Patriots.

The Ravens TE’s have shown they are good when they are ridiculously wide open.

Buyer beware.

Hayden Hurst is good TE, a good combo TE. I like his speed/size and he runs/blocks with intensity. I really like his game.

Due to a few factors over in Baltimore..new run first offense, Mark Andrews ascending, using at times all their TEs at once - it really limits the impact Hurst could potentially have.

He also was a 24-25 year old rookie from a maturity standpoint that's a plus.

I am skeptical of any and all reports this time of year but this makes alot of sense if we can nab him with one of 3rds. I still would want them to make a FA splash on TE and/or draft another TE. The unit needs all the help it can get and getting a player like Hurst is certainly a good start.

Would be surprised if the Ravens and us made any kind of deal together.

He would help, but I'm sure they'd want a pretty penny for him.

I agree.. I wouldn't give more than 1 3rd for him maybe combo with a 6th for a future 4th or 5th with him.

Buyer beware.

Matt LaCosse would have exploded for 300 yards over a full season there.

Mark Andrews is a BEAST.

No way the Ravens help the Pats get better.

The Ravens drafted Hurst in the 1st round.

They have to save face and get something valuable in return. Indy got a starting/backup QB for their 1st round Dorsett mistake.

Is beast?
|
|—> Yes —> Sign
|
|—> No —> Don’t Sign

Buyer beware.

As opposed to all of the Patriots pass catchers(excluding Edelman) this year who have shown they suck when they fail at getting any seperation?

I am the sure Ravens will be asking for a First.o_O

I'd give them a 3rd for Hurst and a public apology over deflategate...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back