Cinc
Jax
Balt
Wash
Buff
Cinc
Indy
Clev
Cincy presents two tough divisional contests for them. Burrow looks better every week. Indy won’t be a cakewalk either. I think they’ll go 15-1/14-2.

16-0 Steelers ?

Remaining schedule:
Dal
Cinc
Jax
Balt
Wash
Buff
Cinc
Indy
Clev

they play too many close games to go undefeated, theyre bound to drop at least a couple. And yeah, them getting 7 is probably the last thing we should want this year. Every year for me if the pats cant do it my priority is not seeing pitt, sf, or dallas win. Looking safe on all but pitt now, who does look very difficult but still lots of football to be played. Its how you look in dec and jan, not October

The only way this scenario is worthwhile is if they upset the first round opponent (Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens). In that case, I'm in.
Otherwise, I'm happy licking my wounds for this year, letting a compromised season play out. It'll be nice if an NFC team wins the SB, just because of, you know, hate for those three teams mentioned above.

Would you rather the chiefs or ravens than them? I’m of course pretty torn, but I think my least favorite outcome may actually be the chiefs repeating. They have the highest chance to put together the next dynasty and Mahomes has the best shot of any qb to threaten Brady for goat status.
So that would be my least favorite. Then next would be Steelers getting 7. Then next would be ravens.

not too worried about Mahomes catching brady. He might get 1 more in the next couple years but I think kc is gonna go through some rough times soon with their cap management to put this team together

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of watering down the playoffs even if it allows the Pats to get in. Cue the Fiddler on the Roof tradition montage.

im not either, but this year is already a bit off with the covid factor. As a team on the outside the more of a joke it becomes the better.

Let the NFL earn some extra coin.
More money for Bill to shop at the 'Slow WR' bin this offseason

16 playoff teams, more playoff participation t shirts and ball caps to be sold. And of course, for the teams that hang them, more participation banners.

As long as it's just for this season - when we obviously won't be the #1 or 2 seed - then I don't totally hate it...Makes our enemies play an extra game with an extra chance more of them sustain injuries...

not too worried about Mahomes catching brady. He might get 1 more in the next couple years but I think kc is gonna go through some rough times soon with their cap management to put this team together
Idk, if Mahomes' first 3 years of being a starter went:
MVP, AFC champ appearance
SB
SB

There would (rightfully) be a ton of GOAT talk already. He is obviously playing a bigger role for the chiefs now than brady was for his first 3, as well. I think this is worst outcome.

The real answer is (I feel disgusting saying this) I hope the Ravens come out of the AFC. And the REAL answer is I hope the NFC wins. Preferably Bucks. If not them, I can live with Saints or one of the NFCW teams.

Idk, if Mahomes' first 3 years of being a starter went:
MVP, AFC champ appearance
SB
SB

There would (rightfully) be a ton of GOAT talk already. He is obviously playing a bigger role for the chiefs now than brady was for his first 3, as well. I think this is worst outcome.

The real answer is (I feel disgusting saying this) I hope the Ravens come out of the AFC. And the REAL answer is I hope the NFC wins. Preferably Bucks. If not them, I can live with Saints or one of the NFCW teams.

agreed id rather see the ravens win. But goat talk doesn’t phase me, I would only get a little worried if Mahomes got closer like 3 or 4 but were a long way from that.

agreed id rather see the ravens win. But goat talk doesn’t phase me, I would only get a little worried if Mahomes got closer like 3 or 4 but were a long way from that.
Well if he gets this one, then he has 2 and he’s only been starting for 3 years. It becomes kinda likely that he gets to 3 or 4 sometime then.

Well if he gets this one, then he has 2 and he’s only been starting for 3 years. It becomes kinda likely that he gets to 3 or 4 sometime then.

Big if, can’t underestimate how hard it is to win in this league. Rodgers won one very early in his starting career, went 15-1 the next season, and hasn’t sniffed a title since. If Rodgers and manning can go 10 years or close to 10 years without Winning titles the same can very well happen to maholmes. In this era, the pats are a major major exception. It’d be hard for me to imagine anyone else winning more that 2 or 3 titles in a 20 year span.

If this happens, fine. I get it.

But they better not get any stupid ideas and make it a permanent thing because “oh it did so well with our ratings!” Don’t make making the playoffs become meaningless.

If this happens, fine. I get it.

But they better not get any stupid ideas and make it a permanent thing because “oh it did so well with our ratings!” Don’t make making the playoffs become meaningless.
Doubt this league will do it but I can see the NHL and MLB keeping the formats they used this year. Worked well for them.

Last edited:
Big if, can’t underestimate how hard it is to win in this league. Rodgers won one very early in his starting career, went 15-1 the next season, and hasn’t sniffed a title since. If Rodgers and manning can go 10 years or close to 10 years without Winning titles the same can very well happen to maholmes. In this era, the pats are a major major exception. It’d be hard for me to imagine anyone else winning more that 2 or 3 titles in a 20 year span.
What’s the big if? The hypothetical is that he wins this year, so that’s the baseline. Taking that as a given, it seems likely, or at least possible, that Mahomes will win 1-2 more in his entire career. Is the big if that he would win 1-2 more in the next 15 years? I guess. Winning multiple superbowls is absolutely incredibly difficult. I would think that given 2 in 3 years, 2 more in 15 years could be feasible.

What’s the big if? The hypothetical is that he wins this year, so that’s the baseline. Taking that as a given, it seems likely, or at least possible, that Mahomes will win 1-2 more in his entire career. Is the big if that he would win 1-2 more in the next 15 years? I guess. Winning multiple superbowls is absolutely incredibly difficult. I would think that given 2 in 3 years, 2 more in 15 years could be feasible.

if he wins #2, this year, yeah reaching 3 or 4 is possible but id still expect that to be the max sb total over his career. If he wins 4 with enough prime years left id worry at that point and only then. He has a long long way to go before hes any kind of threat to goat status. The potential is there absolutely but odds are heavily against him matching Brady

if he wins #2, this year, yeah reaching 3 or 4 is possible but id still expect that to be the max sb total over his career. If he wins 4 with enough prime years left id worry at that point and only then. He has a long long way to go before hes any kind of threat to goat status. The potential is there absolutely but odds are heavily against him matching Brady
If he gets 4 rings with the way he’s playing, I think there would at least be a fair argument there. Different eras etc etc but his stats in his prime will likely surpass Brady’s and I don’t see why he wouldn’t be very good for a long time.

Remember plenty of us were calling Tom the goat with 3 rings. Definitely with 4. It isn’t always simply “x has more rings than y”

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back