PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: League considering 16 team playoff if games lost to pandemic

Winning must start next week.

If we're going to shock the world.. winning must start next week. We must also upset Baltimore. If we beat the Jets and Ravens, I'll humor it.
Beat jetsx2 Miami buffalo@home Chargers Houston and that’s 8 wins. Any one of bmore, Arizona or the Rams is 9-7 and almost surely a playoff spot.

tenor.gif

Picking top half of the draft (top 10?) > limping into an extended playoff grouping and getting smacked in a wild card/divisional game. This aint the Pats' year, I would rather see a high draft pick at this point.

Beat jetsx2 Miami buffalo@home Chargers Houston and that’s 8 wins. Any one of bmore, Arizona or the Rams is 9-7 and almost surely a playoff spot.
If we go 9-7 then I consider that an achievement and that this team turned the corner. With that said, we have nearly defeated multiple good teams. We're 2-5, but we could play the sleeper role if we sneak in. We're not getting blown out. We're just... not winning games we can win. Massive game next week. If we get to 4-5 and beat Baltimore, I ain't rooting for draft position. I'm rooting playoffs as a sleeper team.

So nobody would get a bye? Lol id love that (as a team with no shot at a bye.

looking ahead, 8-8 could possibly get that 8 seed. Assuming steelers , titans, chiefs , bills as division leaders. Ravens will get a wild card. That leaves 3 spots left, so wed have to pass 3 of indy(5-2), cle(5-3), mia(4-3), oak(4-3), den(3-4). Quite doable as we currently have h2h on oak and mia

I hate all the screwing around with the playoffs. I hate the 7 teams and only one bye crap. The playoffs weren’t broken in the least and now they have a contingency to break it further.

Sign me up! Lets F'ing Gooooooo!!!

1. League expands to 16 playoff teams
2. Pats get in at 8-8
3. Pats shock the world, get hot, and win the SB
4. Whining about the league favoring the Pats intensifies
5. Steelers fans give up on football, learn to read, and become contributing members of society

Yeah...that'd be fun actually.

2. Pats get in at 8-8
5. Steelers fans give up on football, learn to read, and become contributing members of society

omg, that would be awesome. It would drive haters NUTS. Wish that were a possibility

2. Pats get in at 8-8

#5 made this an Epic post!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of watering down the playoffs even if it allows the Pats to get in. Cue the Fiddler on the Roof tradition montage.

Great idea if only to make the Steelers play another game to make the Super Bowl

Great idea if only to make the Steelers play another game to make the Super Bowl
Would you rather the chiefs or ravens than them? I’m of course pretty torn, but I think my least favorite outcome may actually be the chiefs repeating. They have the highest chance to put together the next dynasty and Mahomes has the best shot of any qb to threaten Brady for goat status.
So that would be my least favorite. Then next would be Steelers getting 7. Then next would be ravens.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back