PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Dante Scarnecchia to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, I hope Dante enjoys his retirement. Also, if this is true, I look forward to watching the homers painting this as a good thing.

Don't gloat.

If this is true, I hope Dante enjoys his retirement. Also, if this is true, I look forward to watching the homers painting this as a good thing.

GOOD!

(For him, I hope.)

terrible for the Patriots, though. As good an OL coach as the NFL has ever seen. Trent Brown loves the guy for a reason...tens of millions of reasons.

Wonder if our next OL coach will be so bad that he gets forced out of retirement a second time.

Just remember that the last few years of Scar were a complete favor and act of charity by a man who had already retired.

I thought Scar had a pretty awful year last year along with McD. Might be good for a change.

You created an account to post this? Lol!

I hope Dante is a Farve disciple of retirement :D

Otherwise, enjoy your well deserved retirement. Dante has been one of those quiet Patriots that made them world champs. We know him, but few outside the fanbase probably know his work and what he's done.

He came out of retirement after the awful Gug and helped win 2 more super bowls. This is not good at all. Maybe he's hearing Brady is gone?

He came out of retirement after the awful Gug and helped win 2 more super bowls. This is not good at all. Maybe he's hearing Brady is gone?
Wow that’s quite a leap.
I think he would welcome the challenge.
He is on the older side for A coach so retirement isn’t out the norm for a coach his age.
It would be disappointing to think people would abandon ship vs embrace the challenge.

Confirmed by Mike Reiss:

Congratulations to Scar for an extraordinary career.

Going to be extremely difficult shoes to fill.
Might need to signanotherbabybelichick to fill the role his daughter or perhaps a grandkid.

Wow that’s quite a leap.
I think he would welcome the challenge.
He is on the older side for A coach so retirement isn’t out the norm for a coach his age.
It would be disappointing to think people would abandon ship vs embrace the challenge.

Yeah, it's silly to read into this too deeply. It's a guy who already felt exhausted enough to retire once, then either missed it too much to stay away, or got coaxed back by his longtime colleagues, or a combination of the two. Now, four years later, I'm guessing it's catching up to him even more.

Dude deserves a rest, ALL the praise, and a spot in both the Patriots HoF and Canton. In my top 3 of most important pieces of this 20 year dominance.

We are on fire.

It's like déjà vu all over again

This just means we're getting Tennessee's o-line coach, and maybe one of their linemen.

Now, getting them be pretty. One of us is going to have take one for the team :eek:

This just means we're getting Tennessee's o-line coach, and maybe one of their linemen.

Now, getting them be pretty. One of us is going to have take one for the team :eek:

6268448400_c48ded24bb_z.jpg

Just read this, I am sad. He has worked wonders with the O-line even when he had sub talent to begin with. Good luck in your retirement Dante !

Can we please get some positive news for a change ?

What is your definition of a homer? I am a certified kool aid drinker and probably a homer in your eyes but the idea that I would be happy to see Scar go is unimaginable. As I coach I respect him second only to BB.

He's earned the right to do whatever he wants, but damn, horrible timing of all years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes