TE: B

DL: B-
LB: C+
DB: D+

Special Teams: B+
Coaching: C-/D+

Last edited:
What is your coaching grade based upon?

I really hope Mills is back next week. Another game like that out the secondary would be a blowout against a team like Dallas.

Dallas is going to try and run the ball down our throat!

they excel on the edge versus 3-4 defenses by pulling their offensive linemen.

Bentley and Hightower must have excellent games. But stopping the run is going to be dependent on judon and wise setting hard edges.

What is your coaching grade based upon?
It’s ridic. The coaching set the players up for success, but early on the execution was horrendous. Then, instead of panic, the coaching was fine as NE erased a 13 pt deficit.

It’s ridic. The coaching set the players up for success, but early on the execution was horrendous. Then, instead of panic, the coaching was fine as NE erased a 13 pt deficit.
Well a defense that was getting torched ended up with no points 20 plays 81 yards and 2 first downs in the final 5 drives.

But ultimately the point of coaching is to win so the cumulative coaching effort in a win would seem to have to be at least c+

Harris is his own worst enemy. He has all the tools to be "the guy" but when it comes down to putting the exclamation point on it..he folds.

I hope they don't penalize him too harshly for the fumble because I thought the overturn was a little unjust given it was called a TD on field. He's our best RB and one of the most explosive players on our offense. Not featuring him would be a mistake.

no, and A game is where you throw for 350 yards and 3 td's vs one of the worst defenses in the league.

13 point comeback win from the late 3rd quarter, over-rides empty stats. And with a pathwork OLine. And a bleeding chin with your own blood spilling onto your own jersey. And tying the all time nfl record for most completions through first 5 games. A--

QB: C+/B-
RB: C+. Had B- but that fumble knocks it down
OL: B+
WR: B-
TE: B

DL: B-
LB: C+
DB: D+

Special Teams: B+
Coaching: C-/D+
considering who played the oline deserves an A+

They weren't the catastrophe i expected, but they weren't dominant either... A B+ is more than fair, and more than what i would've given them.

13 point comeback win from the late 3rd quarter, over-rides empty stats. And with a pathwork OLine. And a bleeding chin with your own blood spilling onto your own jersey. And tying the all time nfl record for most completions through first 5 games. A--

So if you get blood on you in a football game it means it was an A? He was average. C+ He set a rookie record, not an all time record. Why is the 13 point comeback on him? On the game winning drive he was like 1 for 2 and they ran 7 times. If you want to give the backs and A, ok, but he was c+ facing a **** defense.

So if you get blood on you in a football game it means it was an A? He was average. C+ He set a rookie record, not an all time record. Why is the 13 point comeback on him? On the game winning drive he was like 1 for 2 and they ran 7 times. If you want to give the backs and A, ok, but he was c+ facing a **** defense.

I grade context specific. Mac is playing like one of the best rookie prospects in the last 5 drafts. I mean if you want to really grade a 1-3 record team going into this game, then very few units get much beyond a c. The OLine only gave up 1 sack and 4 QB hits but at the same time it was against the worst team in the league. I don't really care too much about the grading but find it interesting how strongly you care about it.

I grade context specific. Mac is playing like one of the best rookie prospects in the last 5 drafts. I mean if you want to really grade a 1-3 record team going into this game, then very few units get much beyond a c. The OLine only gave up 1 sack and 4 QB hits but at the same time it was against the worst team in the league. I don't really care too much about the grading but find it interesting how strongly you care about it.

A grade is a grade. If you say a 1 td 1 pick day under 300 yards passing vs the texans is A+, what the hell grade do some of these QB's who threw 3 or 4 td's facing better teams get? Why do you think I care more than you. lol, You said something I disagreed. Wait wait wait...did you just say he is playing better than Heubert as a rookie? Dude, get a grip. Huebert had 31 td's and 10 ints last year. Mac is on pace for 16 td's and 16 ints.

A grade is a grade. If you say a 1 td 1 pick day under 300 yards passing vs the texans is A+, what the hell grade do some of these QB's who threw 3 or 4 td's facing better teams get? Why do you think I care more than you. lol, You said something I disagreed. Wait wait wait...did you just say he is playing better than Heubert as a rookie? Dude, get a grip. Huebert had 31 td's and 10 ints last year. Mac is on pace for 16 td's and 16 ints.

Yes I know you're an empty stats simpleton. Here's an example. 2001 Pats snow game, Brady in a hailstorm rallies back for a win and even rushes for a TD. A-grade even though not a pretty stats day. I guess it's easy to figure out how you grade since a robot could do it based on hard statistical criteria. Doesn't actually delineate who was good or bad in the full context...

You must love Jameis Winston as a qb.

By the way I had an A-- grade not A+. Mac as a rookie is playing lights out even with a bad OLine and mediocre oc.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back