PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Brady and Gisele are Divorcing

Like I said in the other thread, it's Brady's own fault for wanting to play until 45.
Gotta disagree.

I'd wager that he never told her to turn down job opportunities, etc. And yet she was always relentlessly pressuring him to stop playing.

What did BB once say? Players play. Tom, for as much as he is a bastich for walking away, is a player.

Like I said in the other thread, it's Brady's own fault for wanting to play until 45.
Shocking hot take on your part lol. You pretty much say anything and everything that's not good around him is his fault. Professional or personal, Tom Brady us the devil.

I feel bad for the whole family. When kids are involved it makes it much worse.
eh, they got, what?, two kids? split em... She gets her he gets him easy peasy nice and easy... no-fuss, no-muss divorces for a dollah

/s

Shocking hot take on your part lol. You pretty much say anything and everything that's not good around him is his fault. Professional or personal, Tom Brady us the devil.

Sorry, she’s been hinting for years that she has sacrificed her own life and career for Brady’s…and the guy just wants to keep playing football. An eighth or ninth Super Bowl isn’t going to make a difference for him in the grand scheme of things…however, a wife and family are immeasurably more important.

edit: the people who think Gisele should just shut up and support her husband probably aren't aware of how much time away from the family football players take. It's one thing when you are in your 20s or early 30s. Once you get older, however, there are other priorities. Football isn't a 9 to 5 job.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what kind of conversations they were having when he took that time off in the preseason? Did they agree to this then or did he not believe she'd go through with it?

Hopefully this means he is playing until 55 just to spite her:excited:

Very sad.

Kinda makes me think about the "Facing Nolan Ryan" documentary on Netflix and how kinda-sorta similar - but different their situations are/were.

Ryan pitched till he was 45. His wife of 53 years, Ruth (extremely competitive in her own right) supported him every step of the way never gave him **** for pitching to his advanced (professional) age- even though she saw him soaking his elbow, shoulder surgery, going to chiro, etc.

I'm sure they had problems (as all married couples do) but plowed through them.

I believe she was content being a stay at home mom but also had her own identity (foundations, etc). She was OK with her husband doing what he loved no matter what he did to his body. Plus he was still damn good.

Not sure what Gisele's issue is. It's not like she gave up her modeling career for him. She was past her prime and was/is still building her empire. She hasn't stopped that b/c of Tom's career.

Is it fair of her to ask Tom to give up something he loves just because she wants him the "be present more"? I don't think so. It's not like hes an alchie or has a gambling habit.

Ruth Ryan didn't ask that of her husband.

Hopefully Tom and Gis can reconcile but without knowing anything about them seems like a long shot.

No surprise at all

Very sad.

Kinda makes me think about the "Facing Nolan Ryan" documentary on Netflix and how kinda-sorta similar - but different their situations are/were.

Ryan pitched till he was 45. His wife of 53 years, Ruth (extremely competitive in her own right) supported him every step of the way never gave him **** for pitching to his advanced (professional) age- even though she saw him soaking his elbow, shoulder surgery, going to chiro, etc.

I'm sure they had problems (as all married couples do) but plowed through them.

I believe she was content being a stay at home mom but also had her own identity (foundations, etc). She was OK with her husband doing what he loved no matter what he did to his body. Plus he was still damn good.

Not sure what Gisele's issue is. It's not like she gave up her modeling career for him. She was past her prime and was/is still building her empire. She hasn't stopped that b/c of Tom's career.

Is it fair of her to ask Tom to give up something he loves just because she wants him the "be present more"? I don't think so. It's not like hes an alchie or has a gambling habit.

Ruth Ryan didn't ask that of her husband.

Hopefully Tom and Gis can reconcile but without knowing anything about them seems like a long shot.
I would tend to believe the divorce is about a lot more than just him playing football. These matters are very rarely simple.

In a case like this she's worth more than him.. so wonder how all that gets figured out..

Sorry, she’s been hinting for years that she has sacrificed her own life and career for Brady’s…and the guy just wants to keep playing football
Models have a short shelf life and she knows that. Her telling him to not do what he loves is the epitome of a woman being a "dream killer". On the other hand, if Tom did what she requested, she'd complain that Tom is there too much. This is what happened to Jay Cutler and his wife. Even though he has a sh*t ton of money in the bank, she didn't like how he sat around all day. They divorced.

Tom chose football over family. Women aren't putting up with that, she waited long enough and gave him an ultimatum during the offseason. She feels unheard and I really feel sorry for the kids. They are the ones that suffer. It's been rumored that he's retiring after this year anyway, surprised they couldn't work things out, but as I said earlier she's fed up and feels like he doesn't care.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back