PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Brady almost left after SB 52 loss to Eagles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will listen to the book (I have unused audible credits). But, I honestly don't care about the drama and don't blame either for the split. Two super competative strong personalities lasted together for alot longer than we had any reason to hope for. I hope they both have success this year and going forward.

That super bowl seemed to have some pretty big shockwaves. On a side note, I was polite and told my wife we could watch it with her parents, whom are 49er fans. The antagonistic **** father in law cheered for every eagles positive player and NE missplay. I can handle watching games with opposing fans, but what a **** move that was. Needless to say, screw that super bowl, and I hope Brady enjoys his last year or two... Sucks it wasn't here.

Bill was free to make his QB an exception. He was free to let up on him when he knew it was getting to Brady. He choose to be rigid. The dispute was between Belichick and Brady. Not Brady and the Patriots.

No absolutely not. There is no exception when it comes to culture. That is the entire point of it.

You don't seem to grasp what culture means. It is not a set of aphorisms hanging somewhere on a wall that people need to adhere to. If all of this was that easy all the HCs who learned under BB would have had a lot more success. In reality culture is about actively daily practicing tenets like mental toughness or putting the team before everyone's individual needs. That repeated practice happens on and off the field continuously.

As soon as you make an exception for one player you might as well say goodbye to the entire thing. There is no way to cultivate an environment like that if your superstar QB (or TE, or WR) has his own set of rules.

If he wants to be part of this organization he -- like everyone else -- will have to e.g. sit through the indignity of getting ripped to shreds by his coaches during film sessions on low light Mondays.

He started dating her in 2007. Almost 2/3rds of his time here he was with her.

That is true. I should have put in slowly. Regardless, her supposed actions at Krafts house were a tad bit disrespectful imo.

No absolutely not. There is no exception when it comes to culture. That is the entire point of it.

You don't seem to grasp what culture means. It is not a set of aphorisms hanging somewhere on a wall that people need to adhere to. If all of this was that easy all the HCs who learned under BB would have had a lot more success. In reality culture is about actively daily practicing tenets like mental toughness or putting the team before everyone's individual needs. That repeated practice happens on and off the field continuously.

As soon as you make an exception for one player you might as well say goodbye to the entire thing. There is no way to cultivate an environment like that if your superstar QB (or TE, or WR) has his own set of rules.

If he wants to be part of this organization he -- like everyone else -- will have to e.g. sit through the indignity of getting ripped to shreds by his coaches during film sessions on low light Mondays.
Everything you said is entirely Belichick’s choice and within his control. You can’t him from it and therefore the culture is Bill’s rule. You are trying to make a distinction to make it seem like his hands were tied. No they weren’t. He’s an adult and can make an exception at any time.

That is true. I should have put in slowly. Regardless, her supposed actions at Krafts house were a tad bit disrespectful imo.

Gisele has always been the more alpha in their relationship...she always seems to be talking on behalf of Tom. If I were Tom, I would tell her to pipe down...he can speak for himself. Also, why is she at Kraft's house discussing Tom's business? Weird...

To me that’s embarrassing for Brady that his wife had to stand up to his boss for him. But yeah overall I agree. That said Gisele’s a highly successful person who has had to negotiate her business her whole life, so I get it

I don't have too strong of an opinion for this, but could the two both be true, to an extent? It's possible that Belichick made the culture of which you speak (well, that's 100% true) AND that he found that putting pressure on Brady was how you get him to do his best. Kind of like J. K. Simmons in Whiplash. A brutal jazz-band director, but was particularly hard on the drummer - who he thought was the most promising talent.

Brady was kinda terrible last season. If Bill wanted to move on he had at least one good reason to do that.

What's incredible is that after the Eagles' SB loss, and this very near split, Brady and Belichick acted like real pros, put whatever differences they had aside, and went out and won the Super Bowl the very next year.

That takes men of real commitment and character.

Considering it will be the most highly anticipated regular season game of the year, it goes without saying that every network will try to claim it. CBS and ESPN don't really have a prayer. Fox certainly has a shot, but my money says it'll be an early-November Sunday Night NBC game.
It's one of the biggest problems with football in recent years. Too many championship or playoff rematches end up as an afternoon game on CBS/Fox with no hype. MNF is not what it once was and SNF is supposed to be the box office-heavy weight match up of the week but it's not.

I’m embarrassed for Tompa.....having his wife wage his battles for him.
I guess growing up in a female dominated environment produces a ****ed QB

You can always count on this board for some thorough, dependable BB Ball washing. Brady stunk last year?! DOES THE WORST WR AND TE CORPS IN THE ENTIRE NFL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT?! The BB homer crew is in for a rude awakening this year when Brady lights it up in Tampa with real weapons and the BB scrubs end up 7-9. 5 straight BB bust drafts and roster mismanagement are about to catch up with the team this year. Stidham is a joke and you're putting your hope on PITA Newton and his busted chicken wing? LOL. Brady built this dump into a juggernaut and he's gone after being mistreated and underpaid for a decade. Good for him and pity for the Pats.

I don't have too strong of an opinion for this, but could the two both be true, to an extent? It's possible that Belichick made the culture of which you speak (well, that's 100% true) AND that he found that putting pressure on Brady was how you get him to do his best. Kind of like J. K. Simmons in Whiplash. A brutal jazz-band director, but was particularly hard on the drummer - who he thought was the most promising talent.

But it is not just Brady that is being coached hard but everyone. It is not just him that has to sacrifice on individual needs and show the mental fortitude to put the team first but everyone.

What it boils down to is that Brady got to a point where he wasn't a culture fit here anymore without reportedly being unhappy. How do you make him happy without compromising the carefully cultivated culture if the things that make him unhappy are inherent in said culture ?

The mistake the other poster makes is trivializing this to "it was just BB's decision" when this goes deep into the fundamental values that represent this team. I don't see how you can reconcile both positions and so the smartest way was to move on.

But it is not just Brady that is being coached hard but everyone. It is not just him that has to sacrifice on individual needs and show the mental fortitude to put the team first but everyone.

What it boils down to is that Brady got to a point where he wasn't a culture fit here anymore without reportedly being unhappy. How do you make him happy without compromising the carefully cultivated culture if the things that make him unhappy are inherent in said culture ?

The mistake the other poster makes is trivializing this to "it was just BB's decision" when this goes deep into the fundamental values that represent this team. I don't see how you can reconcile both positions and so the smartest way was to move on.
Easily can be reconciled. Belichick makes an exception for Brady because he’s too valuable.

What Belichick did was take the name off the back of Brady's jersey and made a decision on the player. It's what he does. It's not the first time he kicked an aging veteran to the curb and won't be his last.

It's one of the biggest problems with football in recent years. Too many championship or playoff rematches end up as an afternoon game on CBS/Fox with no hype. MNF is not what it once was and SNF is supposed to be the box office-heavy weight match up of the week but it's not.
About 15 years ago, MNF became SNF and SNF became MNF. To me, that's a wash.

But I have no problem with premium regular season games being on at 4:30 instead of 8:30 on a Sunday. There's no reason why CBS and Fox shouldn't get any of those types of games.

On the plus side, after a long successful run resulting in six banners, we'll get the answer to the question, Bill or Tom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes