PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember the last time we played Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It was in 2013, so it's been a while. Two things I remember from that game:

It was Blounts first big game as a Patriot.

Talib won us the game in the end with a big pass breakup in the red zone.

Obviously these teams are way different now, but it was a game I thought was worth bringing back up.

TalibOnBenchATL.gif

I do recall this game...........Blount had a long TD. Brady's main receivers were Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson. Oh, and Matthew Mulligan caught a TD as the red zone threat.

Talib played one of his best games that night.

Yes, that shot of Talib was the first thing that popped into my head. I looked up the highlights from that game, too.

GameDay: Patriots vs. Falcons highlights

Gronk was out for that game as well. Kenbrell Thompkins had some big plays. Vince Wilfork went down early in that game. Defense had to deal with Tony Gonzalez at TE, too. Really, there are so many changes in personnel from that game on both sides. But, for what it's worth, I checked the box score too; Atlanta's offense managed to put up some big numbers in that game. Surprisingly ended up ranking 20th in pts & 14th in yards that year (and 27th in pts in yrds on D in 2013 too).

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons - September 29th, 2013 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Both teams are much, much better now.

Different teams. I expect falcons to throw it alot. Hold them under 24 and we win this game.

Yes, that shot of Talib was the first thing that popped into my head. I looked up the highlights from that game, too.

GameDay: Patriots vs. Falcons highlights

Gronk was out for that game as well. Kenbrell Thompkins had some big plays. Vince Wilfork went down early in that game. Defense had to deal with Tony Gonzalez at TE, too. Really, there are so many changes in personnel from that game on both sides. But, for what it's worth, I checked the box score too; Atlanta's offense managed to put up some big numbers in that game. Surprisingly ended up ranking 20th in pts & 14th in yards that year (and 27th in pts in yrds on D in 2013 too).

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons - September 29th, 2013 | Pro-Football-Reference.com
I'd forgotten that about Wilfork. That was the game he went out for the year, and it was really the last time he played at a high level. Of course he'd come back and play well after that, but he never got back to the same level he once was.

Here's a video of the game highlights:

Wow, take out one big play at the end, we really took out Julio in this one.

if that was a super bowl, it'd be a classic

Here's a video of the game highlights:

Wow, take out one big play at the end, we really took out Julio in this one.

I really hope we can limit him. Everyone talks about brown and they forget about this guy.

I do recall this game...........Blount had a long TD. Brady's main receivers were Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson. Oh, and Matthew Mulligan caught a TD as the red zone threat.

Talib played one of his best games that night.

christ! brady took a team with Kenbrell, Dropson and Austin Collie to the championship game where he was throwing deep bombs to Slater. And there's still a question of GOAT?!?

I remember this game very well. It was Breaking Bad's series finale and it was excellent.

Talib was money that year.

I think that was also the game where on the last drive of the game they basically had a LB and S just double team and gang tackle Tony Gonzalez right off the snap every play. It was the very definition of, "This guy is NOT going to beat us."

History is always great to review but both teams are quite different now with better personal and different game strategies. I don't expect this game to resemble the one 4 years ago in any shape or form. The good news is that BB knows this.

It was in 2013, so it's been a while. Two things I remember from that game:

It was Blounts first big game as a Patriot.

Talib won us the game in the end with a big pass breakup in the red zone.

Obviously these teams are way different now, but it was a game I thought was worth bringing back up.

A great game. It was in my neck of the woods (about 2 hours from Birmingham) so I got to see it in person (my first Patriot game in person). My primary memories:
  • Getting to watch the charisma and complete control of the huddle of Tom Brady, it was obvious from the stands. It just doesn't come across on TV.
  • Being stunned at how much territory Devin McCourty covered and how fast he covered it.
  • Plus, there were a few plays where Julio Jones simply looked like he was in a different category athletically than the other players.
Happy memories!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back