PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remaining FA Wide Receivers - or Do We Wait for Draft?

in my dream scenario we send a third and late rd pick to the bengals for higgings, draft a qb at 3 and an OT at 34

This team right now is not ready for a young qb
neither the pass catchers nor O-Line have improved

You have to surround the rookie qb with weapons and protection to see what you have in him and give him support to develop.

One argument might be they know that the qb needs to sit in year 1 so the tank is on for the 2024 season and they will spend a lot in 2025

Because right now compared to other weak teams from last year the pats improved the least
I love that plan!!!

I wouldn’t mind signing Josh Reynolds and Tyler Boyd. That’d make for a fairly well rounded group. Nobody blowing you away but should be productive in combination with Douglas, Bourne and the TEs Henry and Hooper. Neither addition should be so expensive that you’d have a hard time moving on from them next year if you draft a WR that replaces them.

I’m down to trade for Higgins but not if it costs too much capital. I think a 3rd is good, but I might do something like pick 34 and a 3rd next year in exchange for their 4th coming back with Higgins. Or a 3rd now plus a conditional 3rd next year that becomes a 2nd based on Higgins’ 2024 yards.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind signing Josh Reynolds and Tyler Boyd. That’d make for a fairly well rounded group. Nobody blowing you away but should be productive in combination with Douglas, Bourne and the TEs Henry and Hooper. Neither addition should be so expensive that you’d have a hard time moving on from them next year if you draft a WR that replaces them.
Yess Ross let's add #3's to a roster stacked with Threes at best makes so much sense. No thanks to Drop Reynolds and Tyler Boyd works better with a True #1. We should have went after Samuels but I am sure he would choose Buffalo over us.

I’m down to trade for Higgins but not if it costs too much capital. I think a 3rd is good, but I might do something like pick 34 and a 3rd next year in exchange for their 4th coming back with Higgins. Or a 3rd now plus a conditional 3rd next year that becomes a 2nd based on Higgins’ 2024 yards.
I like the Higgins deal I would inquire about Hollywood Brown. Not the best but far from the worse.

That and he’s entering his 12th season. But he was still extremely productive last season.
Last several seasons he’s had over 100 catches, would have been a great add for a rookie qb.

Bears doing right by their future rookie QB, NE looking like Mac 2.0 so far.

Would have loved for the Pats to match that. I understand there might be some injury issues but a 4th for the talent is nothing. What are they doing?
Hmmm If Caleb is Mahomes light he'll have DJ Moore - K Allen and D Mooney nice foundation for a Rookie QB wish we could say the same. :(

I have no problem bringing in a vet after the draft. I rather have them roll the dice on kids in the draft and have them grow with the new qb.

Forget about Hollywood brown. He signed with the chiefs. ‍♂️

Bears doing right by their future rookie QB, NE looking like Mac 2.0 so far.
That is one reason why I think #3 will be for sale we Have too Many Needs on Offense. I think the QB @ 3 club is going to be disappointed but it is what it is. Build the Offense from WR out then take a Second tier Guy and see how it works we have Zero weapons currently. :rolleyes:

That is one reason why I think #3 will be for sale we Have too Many Needs on Offense. I think the QB @ 3 club is going to be disappointed but it is what it is. Build the Offense from WR out then take a Second tier Guy and see how it works we have Zero weapons currently. :rolleyes:
Yup, had an excellent chance to set up a rookie with good talent, and literally did nothing with 100 million in your pockets. Wolf could go kick rocks

Yup, had an excellent chance to set up a rookie with good talent, and literally did nothing with 100 million in your pockets. Wolf could go kick rocks
They signed J Biscuit way too early Huge mistake there by Wolf and AVP. Offensive players look at our roster and say Hell No We Won't Go! We'll be Drafting Top 10 again in 25 misery loves company.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back