PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Relevant to Edelman) Dez Bryant is just now starting football drills

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

If it it was actually more surgery on Edelman's foot and not a clean-up procedure like it was supposedly reported then wouldn't shock me if we don't see him in a game until November.

So, half the season is toast for him......:mad:

I am starting to get a queasy feeling over this....They very well might put him on the PUP and not even mess with it.

If the O-line blocks like last year it'll be huge.

If they block like they did in 2014 after the KC game and in years past they'll be ok.

The good news is that they have a ton of receiving threats to work with at WR and at TE.

If it it was actually more surgery on Edelman's foot and not a clean-up procedure like it was supposedly reported then wouldn't shock me if we don't see him in a game until November.

Now you are depressing me! Not sure Bryant's timeline will match-up with Edelman's. There is no pressure for Bryant to be in OTAs - so they can wait longer. I've been nervous about this - but PUP seems extreme to me unless it is not healing - and if it isn't - PUP may be the least of their concerns. We have lots of receivers, but very few with Patriot experiencee

I am a bit concerned, but I am also skeptical that this is all speculation based on comparsion. I did hear a bit of this on Zo and Bertrand earlier, so not sure what to make of it until I get actual information. The minor difference is the respective weight and body frames. Less stress on JEs much lighter body.

I3wsrN9ndx11m.gif

Just wanna stress though that what was reported was a clean-up procedure and he was on track for training camp. Remember Edelman got surgery on the foot in mid-November. Dez Bryant had surgery in mid-January..

As of right now I have no reason to not believe the report that it was a clean-up procedure and that he will at some point be out there for training camp.

Last edited:
Not a problem ...

I am a bit concerned, but I am also skeptical that this is all speculation based on comparsion. I did hear a bit of this on Zo and Bertrand earlier, so not sure what to make of it until I get actual information. The minor difference is the respective weight and body frames. Less stress on JEs much lighter body.

I'm beginning to question Zo's sources.

I've questioned Zo's intelligence and maturity for some time now. I love his enthusiasm and he obviously knows the game, but he's not the brightest star in the constellation by any stretch.

Hes totally immature. His tweets are beyond sophomoric. I don't think he is dumb man but hes irrational.

Fatty Beetle is trying to be Felger and he is failing miserably

Hes totally immature. His tweets are beyond sophomoric. I don't think he is dumb man but hes irrational.

Fatty Beetle is trying to be Felger and he is failing miserably
That's a fair assessment of Zo and perhaps more accurate than mine. Agree on Porky Bertrand. For me, he's largely become unlistenable.

Out: Julian Edelman (until November)

In: Chris Hogan, Martellus Bennett

I think we'll be fine without Jules for a little while

Now I am really confused. The CBS Boston report today says Edelman's surgery was on May 11. That was AFTER he went to New York and was seen in the boot and supposedly already had his surgery. In fact, it was right at the time the initial media reports came out. So when they said he "recently" had surgery, they basically meant "that same day". And yet the initial media reports said "ready for training camp". This means he went in a boot before surgery - indicating likely a new injury. This does not sound good at all if you ask me. Of course the CBS report could be wrong ..... hopefully.

Schefter has clearly reported the surgery was in April. I think the CBS Boston report is probably wrong. It could not have been April 11 though - he was not in a boot at the PUMA event.

Last edited:

And yet when multiple people attempted to point this possibility out to you all offseason, you simply scoffed and pouted.

Now you're starting a thread on the similarities of Bryant and Edelman's situations, even going way further than anyone's concerns by citing November as Edelman's return date because you don't believe the reports? Ummm, okay...

Talk about a change of direction.

So Edelman is still in a boot, but Amendola was running routes and catching TDs in the Best Buddies event. That can't be bad, can it?

Dobson might have just secured a roster spot. LOL

It's a bit frustrating that the 3 most important skill position players - Gronk, Jules, Lewis - all have injury histories that make us all hold our breath each year, but that's what it is. I believe today they are substantially better built to withstand some missed games at WR/TE than any of the past 3 years. Bubble-wrap JE11 until ready, they can win 'em all anyway in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back