PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Releasing Fast Freddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCinPhilly said:
4.) You guys ****ed Milloy(just like Freddie) and we made you pay for it(Freddie was with you in 1.5 days after cuts - Milloy is a D guy and came in 2 days before the game? I might be wrong). Bottom line: there is no comparison. IMHO, in each case you guys played games with players. We don't. How's the Branch thing going?

How is winning the Super Bowl thing going? :p

Just curious, but how in the world would Freddie (I thought his name was John or Jonathan or something) know the gameplan when he didn't even make the final roster and has been gone the week prior to the game?

Just sound like Bills fans throwing out preliminary excuses to me!

Last edited:
So if the Bills players will unite against anyone who cuts Smith, doesn't that spell huge trobule for Levy and Jauron since they cut him? They haven't even been there for a real game yet and their whole team is united against them.

Last edited:
OCinPhilly said:
All you have done is give our guys more motivation. In our lockeroom, Freddie was one of those guys that tried his best. thanks for the extra motivation for our season. I guess BB isn't the genious everyone says he is. DUMB MOVE.

I'm just picturing it now...

Today at 12:30PM, a hush comes over the Bills lockerroom. Takeo Spikes steps forward and stands up on a chair so all can hear and see. Takeo speaks. He begins telling various stories about the beloved Jonathan "Fast Freddy" Smith. He tells about the time that Eric Moulds threw his sweaty towel at him and they all laugh. They reminisce about the dropped passes, the incorrectly run routes and eventually being cut. Tears fill the lockerroom. And then, after whipping his teammates into a rage and just before the 5-11 Bills storm out into a hostile Gillette Stadium, Takeo screams...

"Now men, lets go out there and win this for Jonathan "Fast Freddy" Smith!!"!

:enranged:

OCinPhilly said:
Of all the things that will make us happier to beat you guys tomorrow, nothing will be better than BB's lame attempt to "figure out" our team. Um, we have a (finally) decent QB and a killer set of skill players on O, and a retooled top 5 D, N/M special teams. Please understand that while I have slight animosity towards your team vs Miami, this takes the cake in terms of gayness. If you need to be gay to win so be it.

Atleast you understand one thing. BB does whatever it takes to win so don't be surprised to see the Patriots leading Boston's gay pride march this spring after winning the Super Bowl ... again.
Whatever it takes.

Sorry for the vicious beating you perennial losahs will receive today.

P.S. Sorry for mentioning Super Bowl and winning in the same sentence to a Bills fan

Has it started snowing in Buffalo yet? I'm not surprised that a Buffalo fan living in Philly is paranoid, but living in lake effect country myself, I'm flabbergasted at an entire fan base having brain freeze. It must be time for wool caps and mittens.

OC, if you had bothered to follow New England, you might have noticed two things that directly affect your man Freddy; (1) Belichick loves Special Teams; (2) the Patriots' wide receiver situation is in transition. Let's look at the New England WR corps before and after "FF" was cut:

Doug Gabriel - trade from Oakland, exactly one week working with the playbook.
Jonathan Smith - claimed off waivers from Buffalo - less than a week working with the playbook (and let's not forget he was competing for the end of Buffalo's WR roster).
Reche Caldwell - free agent signing in the offseason, limited time in the Patriots' "system".
Troy Brown - 35 year old, 14 year veteran, last seasons' #3 WR.

In preparation for the game a roster move waives Smith and brings Childress up from the Practice Squad - oddly enough the Pats' leading WR in preseason in his second year in the system.

Feel free to suffer 'Fast Freddy' paranoia, but try to do it with some knowledge of what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents