PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats hosting Leigh Bodden today

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's.. MY quarterback" (cry sniffle tears)
Yeh, and dat voodoo witch Witten stoled MY quartersbak (cry sniffle tears of rage)...

I think bodden is lookingat the dealfoxworth got from baltimore and wants soMething in that range, n that's wherei think the talks will fall apart I hope I'm wrong though

I think bodden is lookingat the dealfoxworth got from baltimore and wants soMething in that range, n that's wherei think the talks will fall apart I hope I'm wrong though

Unfortunately, you're right. All the Patriots have for cash

is Monoply money.

Yes yes yes! This guy is so underrated I really want to see him here, especially cause hes prolly gonna come cheap.

It's been over 5 days since Bodden was here and left without an offer, and there's been nary a peep about him since that time. As far as I can tell he's made no visits to any other team. Has anyone heard anything?

My hope is that with a relative lack of interest he will come back to the Pats for a halfway-"reasonable" offer. I still think he's our best chance to get a FA CB who's more than "just another JAG".

It's been over 5 days since Bodden was here and left without an offer, and there's been nary a peep about him since that time. As far as I can tell he's made no visits to any other team. Has anyone heard anything?

My hope is that with a relative lack of interest he will come back to the Pats for a halfway-"reasonable" offer. I still think he's our best chance to get a FA CB who's more than "just another JAG".

I haven't heard of amy visits or interest in him, hopefully they will work something out. To be honest if they sign bodden I'll be good till draft day we could fill the olb position through the draft and add another db.

Leigh Bodden = Adam Seward

why is that a good call....

they are nothing alike....Bodden has actually started so at least there is a reason to want him.

Agree, Seward was a JAG everyone on this site wanted last year.
Many think Bodden is actually a qualified starting NFL CB probably better than Lito Sheppard. For a terrible Loins team he has 73 Tackles, 11 PDF and one INT in 15 games. Our starter Hobbs in 16 games had 47 tackles, 11 PDF and 3 INT. Bodden is also 6'1" not 5' 8".

He might not be an All Pro but he is worth signing as he is still young and might be unfortunately, the most talented CB on our team until the draft either when and if we do sign him. He is out of Detroit because of a weird contract scenario. Good for him and us.

DW Toys

Not even close. Bodden is a much better and more talented player than Seward. It isn't even really close.

The love given on this board is all out of proportion with his production.

The love given on this board is all out of proportion with his production.

Yeah, I dunno about that. Bodden actually played, and started, for years. He was the #1 corner on two teams. They were bad teams, but he at least played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person here who is actually okay with Hobbs and whoever wins out between Wilhite/Wheatley as starters? As long as we have a pass rush, they'll be fine.

Yeah, I dunno about that. Bodden actually played, and started, for years. He was the #1 corner on two teams. They were bad teams, but he at least played. Seward has been on the field less than Marquise Hill.

Fernando Bryant was a starter on the Lions. He didn't make it out of camp.

As someone who normally doesn't mind jokes in poor taste, that one was pretty bad. Seriously, there's a line, and that crosses it.

Last edited:
As someone who normally doesn't mind jokes in poor taste, that one was pretty bad. Seriously, there's a line, and that crosses it.

My reaction exactly.. somethings are better left unsaid.

Yeah, not the greatest choice in words. I can see and understand your comparison, but you probably could've picked a different player to compare his playing time with. That said, I didn't take it as harsh as some others will, though.

Am I the only person here who is actually okay with Hobbs and whoever wins out between Wilhite/Wheatley as starters? As long as we have a pass rush, they'll be fine.

No not at all. I have high hopes for Wheatly and Whilhite and I think Hobbs has proven to be a pretty good starter and is still young. I think Richardson is nothing more than average though and you need more than 3 guys. I think a Bodden type signing would give you someone you can count on starting but can also easily be pushed down the depth if Wheatly, Whilhite, or a Rookie was really coming on.

I would like to see a FA Vet (like Bodden), Hobbs, Wheatly, Whilhite, Rookie, and Richardson in camp. That would be 6 guys going for 4-5 spots.

why is that a good call....

they are nothing alike....Bodden has actually started so at least there is a reason to want him.

I was thinking more along the lines that this thread is going to go on forever, whether Bodden comes here or not.

I like Bodden more than Seward as a player. Seward is just an STer, Bodden would at least be a starting caliber player. But as long as he's a FA, we'll keep bumping this thread, posting in it, assuming he is coming here...like Adam friggin Seward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back