PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox admit repeat racist chants at Fenway, vow to fix

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Red Sox: Hunter's experiences with racism 'real'

Torii Hunter goes in-depth on experience with racism in Boston

"Hunter recalled a specific instance when "four or five" kids chanted the "N-word" at him during a game at Fenway. What disturbed him most was that no one in the stands asked the kids to stop.

" ... So when I looked at the grown-ups and they didn't do anything, that's not a Red Sox issue. That's an issue in society.". “I’ve been called the N-word in Boston 100 times.

Adam Jones also said he was called the “N-word a handful of times” and had a bag of peanuts thrown at him

Red Sox respond to Torii Hunter's claims of racial abuse at Fenway Park | Boston.com

Boston Red Sox: ‘Torii Hunter’s experience is real,’ racial slurs were reported 7 times at Fenway Park in 2019

In the mid-90's I personally witnessed stuff like this in Fenway. It was brutal to be a black outfielder then at Fenway and worse was none of the adults around said sh-t, from what I personally saw. Sad it still happens as recently as... Still Now...

This is terrible to hear, and hopefully now that so much attention has been paid to it, people will be held accountable. Unfortunately, this isn’t exclusive to Fenway Park. I hope that angle isn’t played up any more than it already is, because it happens all over the league, and frankly, all over the world.

Torii Hunter can blame W. Arthur Garrity Jr for anything he might've heard that upset his sensibilities.

Yet another thread I'm never reading again...This board has become a feckin cesspool...Little wonder that Deus Irae and probably others haven't shown up lately...

Last edited:
Torii Hunter can blame W. Arthur Garrity Jr for anything he might've heard that upset his sensibilities.

Yet another thread I'm never reading again...This board has become a feckin cesspool...Little wonder that Deus Irae and probably others haven't shown up lately...

Seems like all the Bloggers are Florio/King wannabees and need to bore us with their political views. Your right, this site is getting tough to read, I already have aboot 75% on ignore.

In the mid-90's I personally witnessed stuff like this in Fenway. It was brutal to be a black outfielder then at Fenway and worse was none of the adults around said sh-t, from what I personally saw. Sad it still happens as recently as... Still Now...

racism is a parenting thing...i’ve felt this for a long time.

Seems like all the Bloggers are Florio/King wannabees and need to bore us with their political views. Your right, this site is getting tough to read, I already have aboot 75% on ignore.

That's sad...I love reading your stuff.

racism is a parenting thing...i’ve felt this for a long time.

What's messed up then is all the parents that said nothing and let these all happen, those kids are now adults so the cycle continues. I do think Boston had issues it seems to keep denying for some reason.

What's messed up then is all the parents that said nothing and let these all happen, those kids are now adults so the cycle continues. I do think Boston had issues it seems to keep denying for some reason.

You have to teach your kids about racism at a young age. If you don't, other elements of society will fill that void and teach them to be racist. For example, they can learn racism at school or some other place.

Last edited:
You have to teach your kids about racism at a young age. If you don't, other elements of society will fill that void and teach them to be racist. For example, they can learn racism at school or some other place.
A curriculum that included respect for laws might be useful as well

I mean it sucks to hear and I used to defend the city on these issues, but you can only hear so many athletes single Boston for this stuff so often and not think it’s real. Sucks but I think you can look around at some of the reactions and see why this happens.

Isn’t even controversial, everyone should be on the same side on this

Odd that they would come out with this now, why wait if they know they have such a problem? Moreover, why aren’t they discussing their plan to deal with it?

Last edited:
Breer and Sox getting dragged... HARD

LOL!

Honestly the Red Sox org was probably embarrassed when Breer pulled his little stunt with Jones.

There’s a reason Bill Russell specifically requested fans in Boston wouldn’t be allowed at his retirement ceremony, there is a reason there’s many players across different sports that used to have no trade clauses to Boston, there’s a reason we get a story like Subban or Jones every once in awhile.

Denying what everyone else is saying is part of the problem. You can’t correct anything with your head in the sand

Honestly the Red Sox org was probably embarrassed when Breer pulled his little stunt with Jones.

There’s a reason Bill Russell specifically requested fans in Boston wouldn’t be allowed at his retirement ceremony, there is a reason there’s many players across different sports that used to have no trade clauses to Boston, there’s a reason we get a story like Subban or Jones every once in awhile.

Denying what everyone else is saying is part of the problem. You can’t correct anything with your head in the sand
Absolutely. Boston has problems. I'm actually from here and fully admit that. I say actually bc Breer is from Sudbury if I recall? And lots from around Boston like to speak for us but again they're not even from here.

That said Boston gets a bad wrap overall. The worst city when it comes to racism, haha I can't even take that seriously. You honestly mean to tell me it's worse than parts of the South lol? C'mon now. It's not different than parts of Phila (people should look up stories about playing at Eagles games), NY etc

And that's bc it's a lot bigger than just Boston. It's a country problem, not a city of Boston problem. We absolutely have to fix our own here but Boston is NOT some bastion for racist people or racism whatsoever.

Please don't take this as me excusing anything away. It's inexcusable. Again just wanna point out its a country problem, not Boston. And not directed at you Lancer just want to give the city a fair shake. We have a long ways to go.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back