PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2018...WORLD SERIES...CHAMPIONS!!!

Was at game 5. That. Was. Awesome.

Game 4 sucked the life out of the fans. Tix were being dumped for below face on Sunday. Lots of empty seats. After Pearce gave the Sox a 2-0 lead, the fans sensed impending doom. Each Sox HR further cemented their gloom and once the 8th finished, fans started bailing. That allowed me to get closer to the Sox dugout for the finish.

Great showing by Sox fans. We all stayed for the celebration as long as we could until security kicked us out. Sunset Blvd is a short walk from the stadium, so tons of fans all headed to the various bars and restaurants to celebrate. Still feeling it now.

Thank you, 2018 Red Sox. Thanks to the Dodgers, too, for if you hadn't won your pennant, I probably never see in person the Sox win a title.

Regards,
Chris
tickets being dumped below face value. would never happen in boston. never never never.

Pearce is good, but Eovaldi is a must!
While we are at it let’s get rid of Kembrell!

Hidden play of the series, which stood out more in-stadium vs. what I saw on my DVR after returning from LA:

Devers ran on the pitch that Swihart grounded out for the 2nd out of the 9th in game 4. He got a good jump, too. That grounder was an otherwise easy inning-ending double play. Machado covered 2nd and called for the ball, but the 2nd baseman realized Devers would barely beat the throw and instead got the out at first. A Mookie IBB, Benny's awesome hustle for an infield single and Pearce's 3-run double don't happen without Devers taking off. Perhaps the inning ends 5-4 and the 2-run HR in the bottom of the 9th knots the series at 2-2.

Regards,
Chris

Hidden play of the series, which stood out more in-stadium vs. what I saw on my DVR after returning from LA:

Devers ran on the pitch that Swihart grounded out for the 2nd out of the 9th in game 4. He got a good jump, too. That grounder was an otherwise easy inning-ending double play. Machado covered 2nd and called for the ball, but the 2nd baseman realized Devers would barely beat the throw and instead got the out at first. A Mookie IBB, Benny's awesome hustle for an infield single and Pearce's 3-run double don't happen without Devers taking off. Perhaps the inning ends 5-4 and the 2-run HR in the bottom of the 9th knots the series at 2-2.

Regards,
Chris
speaking of Swihart. I was disappointed he didn't get any playing time in the playoffs. he's going to be a very good player. they mishandled his entire career with the team.

Pearce is good, but Eovaldi is a must!
While we are at it let’s get rid of Kembrell!

The idea of getting at least one of the Yankees free agent relievers Robertson or Britton is intriguing.

The idea of getting at least one of the Yankees free agent relievers Robertson or Britton is intriguing.
andrew miller former RedSox from Cleveland is also intriguing. i don't want Britton. he's overrated IMO.

andrew miller former RedSox from Cleveland is also intriguing. i don't want Britton. he's overrated IMO.

Miller would be great but I worry about the injuries and DL time he's had recently. When he did pitch last season he wasn't close to his old dominant self.

Maybe on a good deal with plenty of incentives.

do any of our bullpen guys have what it takes to be a closer?

maybe try each out in regular season as a closer and see whats up?

if kelly or brasier pitch as a closer the way they pitched in the playoffs, it would work

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back