PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2018...WORLD SERIES...CHAMPIONS!!!

Incredible run by the Champions of baseball. This team was so different from the others and I really liked the way they carried themselves throughout the entire year.

Thought i heard a stat that said they never lost more than 3 games in a row the entire season. Pretty incredible if true.

Incredible run by the Champions of baseball. This team was so different from the others and I really liked the way they carried themselves throughout the entire year.

Thought i heard a stat that said they never lost more than 3 games in a row the entire season. Pretty incredible if true.
It is. Beat the Yanks on the last Sunday to maintain that stat.

They are talking about the Sox like they are a machine at winning championships. Never thought I would live to hear that.

Was in my mid teens for 86. The most gut wrenching feeling ever. I would say after 04 and afterwards the stigma has changed and it was done in my lifetime which is just cool.
Titletown for all of us.

2004 vs 2018

Runs scored vs given up....
'04 much better hitting team.....scoring +74 more runs than '18
'18 much better pitching team....-66 Earned Runs given up vs '08
Wash

Wins.....
98 vs 108
Regular season 2nd place Wild Card vs Team record setting win total / 1st place
'18 Sox won preseason, regular season, post season

Other factors....
Curse
So many awful teams in the 2018 AL but....beat 3 power house teams in post season

My conclusion......the '04 may have beaten the Yanks and the curse....but needed the wild card to get into playoffs and 7 games to yank the Spankees. The 2018 team was never challenged.
**2018**

The city of Boston will be calling in tomorrow for work!
Might as well give everyone the day off!

Two quick fun facts.

Sales started the year and ended the year on the mound.

Sales got the first and last out of the World Series.

Congratulations to the 2018 World Series Champion Boston Red sox

I remember the curse of Babe Ruth and the Bambino.

Boston = World Championships

Sox have clearly been the best mlb team of this century so far. Hopefully they hold on to that title and keep adding banisters on a regular basis.

The Giants have been pretty good in the 21st century too.

Ruthless. Absolutely ruthless.

That tweet was deleted but I think I know what it says.

Maybe for the first 2019 game between your World Champs and the Yankees at Fenway play NYNY on the PA every time Judge comes to bat. :p

I’m sure he learned his lesson. Don’t troll your rival if you haven’t won jack.

Last edited:
The Giants have been pretty good in the 21st century too.
Wanted a Sox-Giants series, but never happened. Giants won 3 in 5 years (and lost in 2002).
Also Giants fans were rooting for the Sox as hard as we were.

Reactions: sb1
2004 vs 2018

Runs scored vs given up....
'04 much better hitting team.....scoring +74 more runs than '18
'18 much better pitching team....-66 Earned Runs given up vs '08
Wash

Wins.....
98 vs 108
Regular season 2nd place Wild Card vs Team record setting win total / 1st place
'18 Sox won preseason, regular season, post season

Other factors....
Curse
So many awful teams in the 2018 AL but....beat 3 power house teams in post season

My conclusion......the '04 may have beaten the Yanks and the curse....but needed the wild card to get into playoffs and 7 games to yank the Spankees. The 2018 team was never challenged.
**2018**

Yeah. 04 was waaay more special. But I don’t know if they were an all time great team considering they struggled a bit in the first half.

But this team was for sure

Last edited:
What an amazing resilient team! Sale was not himself, Betts and Martinez were shut down for most Of these games too. Everyone else contributed. Mitch flipping Moreland the other night. Steve Pearce! Who saw that coming?

Sox have clearly been the best mlb team of this century so far. Hopefully they hold on to that title and keep adding banisters on a regular basis.
Why would the Sox want to keep adding staircase handrails on a regular basis?
Americans with Disabilities Act violations?

Was at game 5. That. Was. Awesome.

Game 4 sucked the life out of the fans. Tix were being dumped for below face on Sunday. Lots of empty seats. After Pearce gave the Sox a 2-0 lead, the fans sensed impending doom. Each Sox HR further cemented their gloom and once the 8th finished, fans started bailing. That allowed me to get closer to the Sox dugout for the finish.

Great showing by Sox fans. We all stayed for the celebration as long as we could until security kicked us out. Sunset Blvd is a short walk from the stadium, so tons of fans all headed to the various bars and restaurants to celebrate. Still feeling it now.

Thank you, 2018 Red Sox. Thanks to the Dodgers, too, for if you hadn't won your pennant, I probably never see in person the Sox win a title.

Regards,
Chris

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back