PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2016 Playoffs

Farrell got out-managed tonight.

It would have been nice if the Sox had swung at balls that were somewhere near the strike zone. A few batters struck out without a single pitch actually hitting the zone. Brutal.

Farrel had little to do with the outcome. His 22 game winner left fastball after fastball up and over the plate. The bullpen didn't give up a run. His batters couldn't lay off bouncing 59 foot breaking pitches.... And Miller was unhittable

Farrel had little to do with the outcome. His 22 game winner left fastball after fastball up and over the plate. The bullpen didn't give up a run. His batters couldn't lay off bouncing 59 foot breaking pitches.... And Miller was unhittable

I dunno, I think sending Holt was a mistake in the first inning. By running into an out at home they wound up ending the inning rather than having men at second and third with two outs.

Last edited:
Theres the playoff David price we all know.... $31m a year we'll spent!

Sox picked the wrong time for their bats to go cold.

All hope will rest on Buchholz Sunday....and something tells me the the Pats are in for a Cleveland surprise too...

We were all told they would the hitting would be back when the playoffs began, do not worry..

Not hopeful for Sunday. If they don't chip the ice of the lumber, Suckholtz needs to have the game of his life.

This is disappointing to say the least but imo the pitching was always suspect for a playoff run.

They will get swept...if they somehow win gm 3 or 4...it still won't matter. This pitching is horrific and they need to score 7+ a game to win

Yankee fan, but Im not going to be an ass. I told red sox fans all year they did not have good enough pitching. It does not take a knowledgeable person to know that. The red sox most certainly not dead, Ill certainly never bet against them. Would not shock me if they won the world series with that lineup. But you can not expect to outscore everybody in the playoffs (As im sure everyone here knows). Pitching has not been good, but the Bats have been equally as bad if not worse. Its been a doomsday scenario so far. It reminds of what the yankees used to do after 2000. There were a lot of first round exits where the bats just went missing.

Tough to come back from here. Tito will go to Miller and wrap it up.

I can live with what the pitching has done so far but the bats have been awful. Swinging at absolute crap in the dirt.

Yankee fan, but Im not going to be an ass. I told red sox fans all year they did not have good enough pitching. It does not take a knowledgeable person to know that. The red sox most certainly not dead, Ill certainly never bet against them. Would not shock me if they won the world series with that lineup. But you can not expect to outscore everybody in the playoffs (As im sure everyone here knows). Pitching has not been good, but the Bats have been equally as bad if not worse. Its been a doomsday scenario so far. It reminds of what the yankees used to do after 2000. There were a lot of first round exits where the bats just went missing.

Red sox fans should have known we never had the pitching this year to go far

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back