2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Horrible news on a Sunday. He was jumped in a robbery. Didn’t deserve this. :(

Last edited:
This is horrible..

RIP, Reche.

Caldwell was probably coming out of retirement to join up with TB like Gronk

:maybenot:

Awful to hear, especially right now as looters are feared to start going into residential neighborhoods.

Seems like he was targeted and/or knew him.

There’s more to the story.

Last edited:
Sad, these sorts of things shouldn’t happen.

Awful. I knew him a bit when I lived in Gainesville. That 2001 Gator team that featured Caldwell and Rex Grossman, and Jabar Gaffney, and Taylor Jacobs, and Earnest Graham is maybe the most fun UF team to watch I've ever seen. Not sure they would have beaten Miami for the title, but they probably should have at least been in the game.

He was a pretty good kid who always seemed to have a smile on his face, but he had an unfortunate knack for making poor life decisions.

Still, whatever missteps he made in his life didn't mean he deserved to die like this.

Ridiculous. Such sad news. I’d like to know the full story for sure.

Sad sad sad. I always loved what he gave the Patriots, the proverbial 110%, when you knew darn well that his ceiling just wasn't that high. He was one of those guys where you'd say, wow, look at the will to win written in his eyes, then realize that's a glandular condition, but then say, yeah, he really did seem to play above himself that one season he was our no. 1. Seriously, he gave everything he had and then some, and it would have been nice for him to just have a happy life going forward from there... it really is sad for him to go so young. Thank you for giving us your BEST, Mr. Caldwell, and RIP

May God bless those he left behind. Sad news.

So sad and unfortunate. I think I remember reading about the troubles him and Gaffney were going through post football

So sad. May the good Lord rest him and keep him, and give comfort to those who mourn him.

Awful. I knew him a bit when I lived in Gainesville. That 2001 Gator team that featured Caldwell and Rex Grossman, and Jabar Gaffney, and Taylor Jacobs, and Earnest Graham is maybe the most fun UF team to watch I've ever seen. Not sure they would have beaten Miami for the title, but they probably should have at least been in the game.

He was a pretty good kid who always seemed to have a smile on his face, but he had an unfortunate knack for making poor life decisions.

Still, whatever missteps he made in his life didn't mean he deserved to die like this.
He gets a bad rap for the 2006 AFCCG too...If a couple of things out of his control go as they should have, he would've been mentioned as one of the leaders in the win...

RIP Reche. The world is such a sad place these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down