PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to BB/Shannon Sharpe critic

Status
Not open for further replies.
why a braying jackazz like Sharpe would want more face time to cement his hall of fame douchebag status is beyond me...

Why do some become so sensitive and adopt a "BB can do no wrong" attitude when he does something that we would otherwise disagree with if anyone else did it? People act as if they have to come to the defense of a baby brother getting beat up instead acknowledging a simple but relaivtely harmless truth about a grown man. Granted it doesn't make BB any less of a coach and he didn't club a baby seal at the 50 yard line but Sharpe was right.

No Sharpe was wrong. You know how I know because if this had been any other coach nothing really would have been said.

I don't recall John Harbaugh doing an interview last year (maybe he did but from my memory I don't remember seeing it). No outrage at all.

The interview is not mandatory by the NFL. Therefore Belichick has every right to turn it down.

The reason why people are adopting this supposed sensitive attitude you say we are is like I said if any other coach turned it down there would hardly be a mention of it. Where is the outrage of Mike Smith not doing an interview? A few people have told me that he didn't do one. There is no outrage because the FOX guys wouldn't rip a coach for declining an optional interview

This would have been less of a thing if the Shannon Sharpe didn't make a huge deal about it. Then you got Boomer Esiason making the rounds on Monday ripping Belichick.

Where is the outrage from Shannon Sharper and Esiason for Peyton Manning declining an interview last week? All we heard was how it wasn't required. Yet Belichick declines an interview that is not required and it's a huge deal.

No mention of how Belichick didn't refuse to go to the mandatory press conference. He fills his media obligations no more no less.

hi-res-129390268_crop_exact.jpg

Sharpe is right!!

No he's not!!

looks like people are torn over this so very important, earth shattering issue

No Sharpe was wrong. You know how I know because if this had been any other coach nothing really would have been said.

I don't recall John Harbaugh doing an interview last year (maybe he did but from my memory I don't remember seeing it). No outrage at all.

The interview is not mandatory by the NFL. Therefore Belichick has every right to turn it down.

The reason why people are adopting this supposed sensitive attitude you say we are is like I said if any other coach turned it down there would hardly be a mention of it. Where is the outrage of Mike Smith not doing an interview? A few people have told me that he didn't do one. There is no outrage because the FOX guys wouldn't rip a coach for declining an optional interview

This would have been less of a thing if the Shannon Sharpe didn't make a huge deal about it. Then you got Boomer Esiason making the rounds on Monday ripping Belichick.

Where is the outrage from Shannon Sharper and Esiason for Peyton Manning declining an interview last week? All we heard was how it wasn't required. Yet Belichick declines an interview that is not required and it's a huge deal.

No mention of how Belichick didn't refuse to go to the mandatory press conference. He fills his media obligations no more no less.

Your deflection arugument that others have done it does not make Sharpe's observations inaccurate or unreasonable. Though I think Sharpe was correct I do not equate it to being a big issue. The circle the wagons whining at any perceived BB slight, real or imagined, is laughable.

Your deflection arugument that others have done it does not make Sharpe's observations inaccurate or unreasonable. Though I think Sharpe was correct I do not equate it to being a big issue. The circle the wagons whining at any perceived BB slight, real or imagined, is laughable.

When a small issue is being a big a deal for 2 days without the game being talked as much , the fan reaction is nothing wrong.

I have a question for the ***clown on TV known as Shannon Sharpe? What part of "Mr. President. Send the National Guard! We are Killing the Patriots." shows that you have sportsmanship? Does any one else remember this. As a Patriot fan, I thought this was the lowest thing a professional athlete could say. And I call out any Patriot fan who thinks that this was funny. Sure his team was winning big. To make a big deal in front of the camera and make jokes at the teams expense is the farthest thing from sportsmanship. Any Patriot fan who thinks this was funny is not a true fan. Could you imagine the outcry from other teams in the league if Wes Welker did the same thing on the sideline after we killed then Texans earlier this year.

When will Sharp realize that he is on TV for the comic factor. No one takes his babbling seriously. Besides, he is inarticulate and his lips are too big. Just because guys are athletes doesn't mean they should be in the media. Michael Irvin, Sharp, LaDy Tomlinson. I'm sorry but none of these guys can speak properly and have no business in front of a camera.

Esiason should be thankful he has a job on TV. He was the worst announcer they ever had on MNF. He even made Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser look better by comparison. Whenever the Patriots were on he would show his hatred against them whenever they were on.

If you don't like Belichick's personality, too bad. I like that he hates to lose. I don't blame him for not talking to the media. The media has misrepresented him and the Patriots all the time.

BB doen't like the media and he makes it obvious with his non answers. I'd rather have him than that blowhard on the Jets side line who gives great interviews but is lost on the sideline. Yeah he could be more polite but that's Bill and "it is what it is".

Actually ***gate is a bigger thing to King than it is to the vast majority of fans.
Well..here is the audio interview. He says when he went to afghanistan, the soldiers hated the patriots because of cheating and everyone outside of NE hates them because of that.

Peter King: Audience better off without Belichick postgame interview | The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

Patrick later said people hate pats because of BB that Pats are as professional an organization and brady was a 6th rounder and kept as 4th QB and they won with some blue collar players and its a great story and its unfortunate that belichick is doing a disservice to his own team(not because of tasker interview) that fans hate the pats because they want to hate belichick which hides the accomplishments of his.

No his observations were inaccurate and hypocritical.

"We've seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious. And we've seen the opposing coaches that lost come out and speak to our Steve Tasker. We saw this last week"

-False. John Harbaugh didn't give an interview last year. I also don't recall Gary Kubiak giving an interview with CBS after the game. I bet if you go back there has been more losing coaches that haven't given interviews than there have that have given interviews

"You can't be a poor sport all the time. You're not going to win every time. And he does this every time he loses. It is unacceptable."

-Belichick doesn't give interviews when he wins. But also again that statement is false because he has given interviews before and has been criticized for them. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

So Belichick would rather be damned because he didn't.

Belichick skipping the press conference would have helped Sharpe's comments. Because that is a mandatory thing, Belichick did not skip it.

But I get it you're the non-homer Pats fan. Only thing is you're trying way too hard.

I have a question for the ***clown on TV known as Shannon Sharpe? What part of "Mr. President. Send the National Guard! We are Killing the Patriots." shows that you have sportsmanship? Does any one else remember this. As a Patriot fan, I thought this was the lowest thing a professional athlete could say. And I call out any Patriot fan who thinks that this was funny. Sure his team was winning big. To make a big deal in front of the camera and make jokes at the teams expense is the farthest thing from sportsmanship. Any Patriot fan who thinks this was funny is not a true fan. Could you imagine the outcry from other teams in the league if Wes Welker did the same thing on the sideline after we killed then Texans earlier this year.

When will Sharp realize that he is on TV for the comic factor. No one takes his babbling seriously. Besides, he is inarticulate and his lips are too big. Just because guys are athletes doesn't mean they should be in the media. Michael Irvin, Sharp, LaDy Tomlinson. I'm sorry but none of these guys can speak properly and have no business in front of a camera.

Esiason should be thankful he has a job on TV. He was the worst announcer they ever had on MNF. He even made Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser look better by comparison. Whenever the Patriots were on he would show his hatred against them whenever they were on.If you don't like Belichick's personality, too bad. I like that he hates to lose. I don't blame him for not talking to the media. The media has misrepresented him and the Patriots all the time.

Ummm what? Boomer regularly gushes how great the Pats/BB/Brady are...picks them to win every game and predicted they'd win the SB. Thinks Brady is the GOAT and previously named their offense as the GOAT. You are entitled make your own opinion on the guy but not your own facts.

Sharpe is a clown and hypocrite but that does not make the BB observations inaccurate by default.

No his observations were inaccurate and hypocritical.

"We've seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious. And we've seen the opposing coaches that lost come out and speak to our Steve Tasker. We saw this last week"

-False. John Harbaugh didn't give an interview last year. I also don't recall Gary Kubiak giving an interview with CBS after the game.

"You can't be a poor sport all the time. You're not going to win every time. And he does this every time he loses. It is unacceptable."

-Belichick doesn't give interviews when he wins. But also again that statement is false because he has given interviews before and has been criticized for them. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

So Belichick would rather be damned because he didn't.

Belichick skipping the press conference would have helped Sharpe's comments. Because that is a mandatory thing, Belichick did not skip it.

But I get it you're the non-homer Pats fan. Only thing is you're are trying way too hard.

The fact that Harbaugh apparently once did the same thing is no excuse. That reminds me of a kid justifying his behavior "because everyone else is doing it".

It's really not that hard to be objective, you should try it some time. No worries, your pom poms won't be confiscated if you do.

Know what's rich? Guy who pride themselves on being so manly and tough and who constantly make references to other guys wearing panties or some such crap getting so worked up over whether someone is polite or not after the biggest loss of the season.

I don't care what any coaches do or don't do as I think the whole "classiness" thing is asinine. I just don't want a double standard when it comes to BB.

Harbaugh and other coaches not doing losing interviews makes Sharpe's comment hypocritical. But if you want to agree with Sharpe that's fine. But until the NFL comes out and scolds or fines Belichick for not doing the interview, he did nothing wrong. That's not a deflection or homerism. When Belichick starts skipping press conferences or the NFL makes it mandatory to do post game interviews with the network and he blows those off then the point can be made.

And i'm far from a Pats homer.

Harbaugh and other coaches not doing losing interviews makes Sharpe's comment hypocritical. But if you want to agree with Sharpe that's fine. But until the NFL comes out and scolds or fines Belichick for not doing the interview, he did nothing wrong. That's not a deflection or homerism. When Belichick starts skipping press conferences or the NFL makes it mandatory to do post game interviews with the network and he blows those off then the point can be made.

And i'm far from a Pats homer.

We obviously disagree on BB and the interview or lack thereof but otherwise I can't argue with much of that.

Ummm what? Boomer regularly gushes how great the Pats/BB/Brady are...picks them to win every game and predicted they'd win the SB. Thinks Brady is the GOAT and previously named their offense as the GOAT. You are entitled make your own opinion on the guy but not your own facts.

Sharpe is a clown and hypocrite but that does not make the BB observations inaccurate by default.

I guess you might be too young to remember when Esiason was on MNF. He was terrible and very biased. He stunk it up as color commentator. That is why he is just an in studio personality. Him and Collinsworth always hated the Patriots because in the 80s the Patriot kept them out of the playoffs a couple of times. They both have softened their stance a bit but they were as bad as Marshall Faulk is when it comes to covering the Patriots.

I guess you might be too young to remember when Esiason was on MNF. He was terrible and very biased. He stunk it up as color commentator. That is why he is just an in studio personality. Him and Collinsworth always hated the Patriots because in the 80s the Patriot kept them out of the playoffs a couple of times. They both have softened their stance a bit but they were as bad as Marshall Faulk is when it comes to covering the Patriots.

Perhaps they didn't speak glowingly enough to your liking because the Pats were not considered an elite team in the 80's. That would be like Jacksonville fans complaining today about the perceived lack of respect by the national sports media.

Well..here is the audio interview. He says when he went to afghanistan, the soldiers hated the patriots because of cheating and everyone outside of NE hates them because of that.

Peter King: Audience better off without Belichick postgame interview | The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

Patrick later said people hate pats because of BB that Pats are as professional an organization and brady was a 6th rounder and kept as 4th QB and they won with some blue collar players and its a great story and its unfortunate that belichick is doing a disservice to his own team(not because of tasker interview) that fans hate the pats because they want to hate belichick which hides the accomplishments of his.

King has been on the cheating crusade for years, acting like an 8-year old who had his bike stolen.

The filming and Belichick's attire, press conference responses, whatever, is used by fans of other teams to justify their not liking the Patriots, though of course they will never admit that. Those same fans hated the Pats long before 2007; after that it simply became a no-holds-barred open season on the team.

Man why couldn't King have gone to AFG when I was there? I HATE when generalizes like that "yeah all the soldiers hate the Patriots". Really? The only thing I ever hear after people give me some good natured ribbing is they hate the Pats for the same reason they hate the Yankees: they're always in the post season and are jealous.

**** you, Peter King.

What I've come to realize is that most people working in the media have NFI what they are talking about when it comes to the Patriots. Year in year out it's the same thing. Every time, they act surprised when they know what the MO is.

Man why couldn't King have gone to AFG when I was there? I HATE when generalizes like that "yeah all the soldiers hate the Patriots". Really? The only thing I ever hear after people give me some good natured ribbing is they hate the Pats for the same reason they hate the Yankees: they're always in the post season and are jealous.

**** you, Peter King.

This.

In the official postgame thread, I vented my ticked offness by saying the following people could all go f*** themselves:

Terrell Suggs
Ray Lewis
Bernard Pollard
Shannon Sharpe
Boomer Esiason
Bob Costas

I would like to add Mr. King to that list. In fact, I would like to take the combined f*** yourselfness of those six and give it all to Mr. King. :bricks:

Using troops in Afghanistan as a prop for making a stupid Cameragate point is beyond disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST